Skip to comments.Rush: Ron Paul is Right
Posted on 10/17/2011 6:39:36 PM PDT by rabscuttle385
click here to read article
Ron Paul has a screw loose! Anti Christian among a myriad of reasons.
Well, they’re both wrong. We should start by cutting at least TWO trillion from federal government spending.
Ron Paul is anti-Christian? ROTFLMAO! What an ignorant statement...
Even Ron Paul can be right twice a day.
Even Ron Paul can be right twice a day.
I'll see your paltry TWO trillion, and raise you another TRILLION!
Let's get real and de-fund the whole damn' corrupt government, send them all packing for jail, and start over!
Hey, it's either that or take up arms. Which do you want?
Cool! I’m in!
Federal Spending = $3.7 Trillion
Defense Budget = $0.7 Trillion
If anyone can honestly tell me -- aside from National Defense -- what useful purpose the Federal Government serves, ... I'll eat my hat.
Knew you would be! :-)
you beat me to it; but I think that your last question is not an “either/or” proposition.
Ron Paul is right a lot more than he is wrong.
They could cut ONE TRILLION by just no longer using Post-It Notes.
You know, that was actually my first thought when I saw the headline... Why only 1 trillion?
Perhaps popular/conservative support for Pauls budget and these sorts of cuts and will spurr the other pres candidates to make similar proposals.
Shhhh. And don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!
air traffic control?
True, but you did the math and showed your work. I was lazy and just posted the answer.
HOORAY Rush Limbaugh! HOORAY Ron Paul!
DEFUND socialist collectives, foreign and domestic.
I’d vote for Doc Paul before Mitts.
I honestly will vote for anyone except Mitt Romney. I will not vote for a liberal and that is what he is.
Why would it stun people that Rush agrees with Ron Paul on cutting the Federal Budget?
He’s a Naz...., err, scratch that,
doesn’t seem to really work anymore...
He’s a, uhhhhhhhh, anti....uhhhhh,
anti ah Christian.
Yeah... Anti Christian
Yeah! That’s the ticket!!!!!!!
DEFUND socialist collectives, foreign and domestic.
How about 14 Trillion?
Ron Paul is right about a lot of things, and is the only constitutionalist in the running. If it weren’t for his goofy foreign policy ideas, he would be a frontrunner. He is right when he says that most of the things our government does has no constitutional basis, period! So, we should either quit pretending we follow it and abandon it, or be honest.
Only Ron Paul has got a plan to cut the debt. All the others talk about jobs and growth. They can’t guarantee jobs and growth. The only thing a President can guarantee is that he’ll veto a budget.
Okay, let’s say you are right and Mitt is a liberal. Would you rather have a full fledged Communist instead? Just askin’.
Look folks, I don’t think anyone is happy with the GOP field, but if you want to keep the country that you know, (what little of it is left), you’d better get out and vote for any of the GOP candidates if you care about our future. I don’t think we can sustain another 4 years of Skippy. No one could be worse than him.
You’re right of course, but when he is wrong it is way off the beam. But the man has plenty of good ideas.
Actually, it was more of a rhetorical question .... and I'm not wearing a hat, anyway.
The enemy within is far more dangerous than the enemy outside.
That said, it's quite possible that Romney is himself a full-fledged Communist, or at the very minimum, one of their agents, masquerading as a conservative.
And you say being president is not “within”? That doesn’t make sense. You couldn’t design a worse president than we have now. Any of the GOP folks would be an improvement, so, if Romney turns out to be the nominee, go ahead and stay home, but don’t blame anyone else. That is exactly what the liberals want. Now is not the time to have a temper tamtrum because you don’t approve of the nominee ( I don’t particularly care for Romney either), but I would vote for Charlie Manson over what we have now.
I have an even better idea. Instead of having the same bureaucracy with fewer offices and paperclips or a smaller ponzi scheme instead of a big one, how about we really change how things are done by the federal govt?
You do realize that the Republican Party has not yet selected a nominee, don't you?
Also, clearly you haven't read this.
Like the founder of this site, there is no way in hell this young'un will ever vote for that treacherous back-stabbing progressive liberal fascist POS Romney! EVER!
“If anyone can honestly tell me — aside from National Defense — what useful purpose the Federal Government serves, ... I’ll eat my hat.”
Well, let’s see. Hmmmmm, according to the constitution the feds are responsible for the following functions:
1) To lay and collect constitutionally authorized taxes, duties, imposts and excises and pay the national debts.
2) To borrow Money on the credit of the United States.
3) To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes.
4) To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States.
5) To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures.
6) To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States.
7) To establish Post Offices and post Roads.
8) To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.
9) To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court.
10) To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations.
11) To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.
12) To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years.
13) To provide and maintain a Navy.
14) To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces.
15) To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.
16) To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.
17) To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings.
18) To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
And that’s about it. All else is left to the states and the people (including air traffic control — for whoever mentioned it).
If anything else needs to be done by the federal government and they can get the constitutionally required number of states to ratify it, then they need to amend the constitution to authorize it before taking it on.
All of the above means the federal government needs a treasury department, a state department, an immigration/naturalization department, a bankruptcy court, a mint, an office of standards and measures, a patents and copyrights office, a marshals office and federal pen and gallows to handle counterfeiters and pirates, a post office, court buildings, offices and personnel, a war department, and a few federal buildings and personnel to manage the federal district and capital buildings. And that’s about it. The war department and maintaining an army and navy would be the major expense. The rest should be able to be managed for a few billion (100 billion bucks tops) i.e, peanuts.
Everything else needs to be closed down and the functions if really needed should be handled by the states and the people as intended and authorized by the founders and ratifiers.
Look, pal. We’re not going to argue this point with you. FR is a pro-life, pro-family, pro-gun, pro-liberty, pro-constitution, pro-small government grassroots conservative site. Mitt Romney has violated every principle of liberty we hold dear to our hearts. Thus he is automatically disqualified for any consideration whatsoever for support from this organization for every office other than janitor at the federal dump. If you wish to campaign for Romney, you’re going to have to do it somewhere else. It’s UNWELCOME here!! May I suggest WankersForRomney.com?
...I don't think this is going to be good... HAAAA
...Rush Limbaugh,,, the man that only takes calls from listeners that make him look good. If he had to argue with someone other than the usual idiots his call screener lets on, he'd have archives full of studders and stammers. To his credit, he has a staff that keeps him prompted with good research and witty answers to prevent him from making a total ass of himself. The DIB network; Disasters in Broadcasting...
...The only thing bigger than Limbaugh's ego is his mouth...
Ru Paul has been in office since when....’76? What has he ever accomplished all those years?
...A good POTUS has good ideas. A great POTUS has advisers and thinkers to help make policy. We all want our man or woman in office, but there are many good candidates and PsOV to be implemented into a Conservative Party platform. Paul, Palin, Bachmann, Cain and others have contributed to this plank building. BHO has to be defeated before any more damage to the Republic is done!!!
I doubt that we can survive with 4 years more of Obama or 4 years of Romney. They are both liberals and liberals is what has driven this country to the brink. Liberals and RINO’s that is. Yes when the chips are down I will vote for whomever is paired against Obama. If it’s Romney it would make me sick to my stomach, but I would have no choice. Our job is to not let it be Romney.
The answer to your question is no. I have had all I want, ever, of a communist in the white house. Mitt is still a liberal and we must not let him be our nominee.
Whatever it takes, Art.
“Above all, if you wish to be strong, begin by rooting out every particle of socialism that may have crept into your legislation. This will be no light task.” - Frederic Bastiat 1801-1850
You can put Perry on the ash heap of RINODOM along with him!
Ron Paul is right?
Brings to mind the old saying about blind pigs and acorns...