Skip to comments.Israeli Democracy vs. Arab Apartheid
Posted on 10/30/2011 8:28:01 PM PDT by PRePublic
...Although many pro-Palestinian organizations are aware that the Israel-apartheid analogy is inaccurate, this rhetoric is continually used to condemn and isolate Israel. Just visit Israel to see the truth...Israeli Arabs shopping at Jerusalem's Mamila Mall, enjoying Tel Aviv beaches, enrolled in the universities, getting hospital care, going on school trips to the zoos, and having free access to public places.
Pogrund... lived under apartheid, and as an anti-apartheid activist, he took grave risks by reporting the injustices against blacks... comments that the comparison of Israel to S. African apartheid "greatly minimizes the oppression and misery caused by apartheid and is debasing to its victims."..
Pogrund argues that "Israel is not unique in declaring itself a state for a specific people."
Everyone knows that Egypt is for Egyptians, Ireland is for Irishmen, France for Frenchmen, Italy is for Italians, Serbia for Serbs, China for the Chinese, Iran for the Persians...
[...] The facts regarding land ownership are clarified by Mitchell Bard, .. who frequently lectures on U.S.-ME policy:
In the early part of the century, the Jewish National Fund was established by the World Zionist Congress to purchase land in Palestine for Jewish settlement. This land, and that acquired after Israel's War of Independence, was taken over by the government. Of the total area of Israel, 92% belongs to the State and is managed by the Land Management Authority. It is not for sale to anyone, Jew or Arab. The remaining 8% of the territory is privately owned. The Arab Waqf.. for example, owns land that is for the express use and benefit of Muslim Arabs. Government land can be leased by anyone, regardless of race, religion or sex. All Arab citizens of Israel are eligible to lease government land.
..both Arabs and Jews build homes illegally throughout Israel... number of illegal Arab homes scheduled for demolition is miniscule compared to Jewish homes that must adhere scrupulously to the rules for fear of condemnation. (Please check Bard's point-by-point rebuttal.)
The problems in Israel's Arab communities are much like conditions others face in various places in the world, but Arabs don't point a finger at those places. Only Israel is labeled and attacked as "apartheid." Arabs need only to look at their neighboring countries in the Middle East to find real apartheid. Does anyone honestly believe that Muslim women do not suffer from apartheid in countries with sharia law? Or that Christians and Jews in some Arab nations are being attacked and killed purely because of their religion? More pointedly, both Jordan and Saudi Arabia do not allow Jews to live there, and Saudi Arabia doesn't even let Jews visit.
..Abbas just doesn't recognize "apartheid" as he declares that the State of Palestine will be "Judenrein" -- a Jewish-free state. Instead, the label of "apartheid" is stuck on Israel, keeping eyes focused away from the intolerance and bigotry that the PLO and Hamas preach.
“Ireland is for Irishmen, France for Frenchmen”
Those are bad examples. Those countries are overrun with freeloading foreigners of every sort, who are having 8-10 kids per family to take over through voting, like most of Europe
Israel is also cosmopolitan of all races, colurs and religions.
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
Yes that’s fine. I don’t see why that has to be so to justify it though. And the same for America, and European countries. That’s not required as a justification.
I do not want to ‘Grinch’ this thread, but words have meanings, and actions have consequences.
Not only is Israel for Jews, as it should be, it is also for Socialists. Which no nation should be.
Socialism can not be perfected, and socialist governments can't be made to work.
Abrahamic faiths (Jews, Christians, even Mad Mo's cultists) have deeply embedded within them profound propensities towards collectivism, deep yearnings for kings to make wise decisions for them, and utterly idiotic views of money and interest.
How fortunate and lucky your family really is.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.