Skip to comments.'South Park' mocks Occupy Wall Street, Michael Moore (Video)
Posted on 11/03/2011 7:45:22 AM PDT by Rufus2007
Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of Comedy Centrals South Park, have a history of taking on politics in their animated series even when it means mocking liberal causes. On their Wednesday broadcast, the show took on the touchy subject of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
In the episode, the South Park school is punished for having a low average score on the Presidential Fitness Challenge. The average was sunk by an obese Cartman (the 1 percent) and the rest of the school (the 99 percent) retaliates.
The pushback against Cartman comes in various forms, but two of the students Occupy Red Robin in protest, which inspires a cameo from documentary filmmaker Michael Moore.
I look down at the faces of you protesters and I see the future of America, he said. We are the 99 percent, yeah!
(Excerpt) Read more at thedc.com ...
What is so “touchy” about the OWS movement?
I’m only wondering why Michael Moore did not become a cartoon character long before now
“A pretty decient sized movement”
A pretty decient sized movement
Yeah, a bowel movement.
“South Park” PING
Im only wondering why Michael Moore did not become a cartoon character long before now
I always thought he was
The “Class Warfare” eruption was between the 4th and 5th graders...
Watched this show last night - and it was a classic. They were pretty merciless toward the OWS whack jobs and the surrounding media hype.
The Moore caricature was the icing on the cake.
My guess is that most people that give MM a thought don't watch SP, so P&S had to wait until MM did something the general public would know about to make it relevant.
He was a big star in “Team America World Police” as a suicide bomber. He was always eating a hot dog as well.
Haha — they seem to be easily offended, I guess.
That was actually pretty good. :-)
I fell asleep before it came on last night! I really wanted to see this one, too. Is it as funny as “Last of the Meehicans?” (my sides ached after that one)
Anybody else hear Moore whining about NOT being part of the “1%”? That the big, old, nasty and mean corporations are just using him to make money?
Hard to believe these “99%rs” lap this crap up.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.