Skip to comments.Politico publishes 90 stories on Cain scandal
Posted on 11/04/2011 1:18:43 PM PDT by GreaterSwiss
w much is too much? Politico broke the Cain sexual harassment story last Sunday night, launching organization wide coverage filling up a full week of heavy coverage on their scoop.
Since the scandal broke, the political reporting juggernaut has published at least 90 online stories on further developments and public reaction to the story.
I've posted the entire list below since the story broke.
90. Accuser attorney: Settlement dated 9/99, Kilgore signed - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story
89. Block wants firings at POLITICO - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story
88. Cain may face more questions - Nov. 4, 2011 - StoryRove swats Cain for accusing Perry - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story
87. Cain accuser reportedly felt 'work hostility' - Nov. 4, 2011 - Story
86. Perry to Cain: No apology - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
85. King not buying reports on Cain - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
84. AFP investigating Cain-linked group - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
83. Cain accuser took complaint to National Restaurant Association board - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
82. Sources reveal new details about Cain allegation - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
81. No Gloria Cain tomorrow night, but eventually - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
80. Rush: 'Cain hasn't handled ... ambush very well' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
79. Anderson wants 'transparency for everybody' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
78. Restaurant association to decide Friday on accuser's request to make statement - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
77. Block backpedals on Anderson attack - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
76. Second Cain accuser got $45,000 - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
75. Cain accuser got $45,000 - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
74. Cain back attacking Perry camp - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
73. Baptist leader Land says 'complete transparency' needed from Cain - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
72. Rahm spokesman: WashTimes story 'absurd' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
71. Santorum says accusations flap not Cain's biggest problem - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
70. Accuser's attorney asks Restaurant Association about issuing statement - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
69. Priebus on leaks: RNC isn't 'Sherlock Holmes' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
68. Anderson says Cain 'floundering,' accusations a 'diversionary strategy' - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
67. Cain and Thomas, together at last - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
66. Herman Cain should start wising up - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
65. Cain flap exposes generation gap - Nov. 3, 2011 - Story
64. Furor follows Cain to Capitol Hill - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
63. Rahm! - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
62. Perry camp floats Mitt as culprit - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
61. Gingrich says Cain needs to regroup with his team - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
60. Cain lashes out at Perry campaign - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
59. Cain expected vindication - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
58. Bachmann drills harder on Cain allegations - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
57. Cain confronts more allegations - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
56. Cain accuses former adviser Curt Anderson of leaking - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
55. Iowa radio host accuses Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
54. Third woman comes forward to AP - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
53. GOP pollster makes Cain accusation - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
52. Rove: Cain must let accusers speak - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
51.Attorney: Waiting for a callback from restaurant association - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
50. Cain brushes off harassment questions - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
49. Cain reaction: Not by the book - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
48. The sound of silence - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
47. Barbour tells Cain to 'get the facts out' - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
46. Still cautious on Cain - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
45. Iowa yawns at Cain flap - Nov. 2, 2011 - Story
44. A year's salary paid to one Cain accuser - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
43. Bachmann warns against candidates with 'surprises' - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
42. Lawyer: Lift gag on Cain's accuser - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
41. Cain won't say whether he will ask the Restaurant Association to let accuser speak - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
40. Santorum on Cain: 'Experience' a plus - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
39. Cain accuser's lawyer says she wants to tell her story - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
38. Gloria Cain may appear on Fox News on Friday - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
37. GOP senators to dine with Cain tonight - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
36. Cain now recalls 'couple of other' items in accuser's complaint - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
35. Cain says he remembered settlement Monday - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
34. Cain's damage control - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
32. National Restaurant Association closes ranks - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
31. The non-judgmental case against Cain - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
30. Restaurant group nixed backing Cain - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
29. Cain damage control adds fuel to fire - Nov. 1, 2011 - Story
28. Cain explains nationally - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
27. Cain's story shifts - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
26. Cain story divides conservatives - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
25. Cain's conflicting accounts - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
24. Experts: Quiet settlements not uncommon - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
23. Van Susteren husband at Cain event as 'friend' - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
22. Cain now acknowledges details of payout - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
21. VIDEO: Team Cain's responses - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
20. Cain contradicts former association HR chief on investigation - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
19. Cain sings - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
18. Cain claims 'enough said,' but story inconsistent - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
17. Cain Iowa chairman: 'Distraction' will help here - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
16. Cain acknowledges settlement details - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
15. Cain acknowledges harassment accusations - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
14. Cain-led restaurant group declines comment - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
13. Rove ratchets up pressure on Cain - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
12. Cain rebuffs question on NRA report - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
11. Rove to Cain: True or false? - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
10. Block denies harassment, hedges on settlement - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
9. Cain ducks press at AEI - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
8. Trump: Cain settled to dodge fees - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
7. Concerned Women for America wants answers from Cain - Oct. 31, 2011 Story
6. Team Cain's 'recipe for disaster' - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
5. Cain to appear on Fox Monday - Oct. 31, 2011 - Story
4. Cain attacks, doesn't deny POLITICO report - Oct. 30, 2011 - Story
3. Cain attacks POLITICO report - Oct. 30, 2011 Story
2. Paul camp responds to Cain story -- by hitting him on TARP - Oct. 30, 2011 Story
1. Exclusive: 2 women accused Cain of inappropriate behavior - Oct. 30, 2011 - Story
All this information comes from the Politico search engine. It should be noted that some of these stories are duplicate items on the same topic, for example their Campaign 2012 blog sometimes borrows extensively from their own political stories.
OK. Now compare that to the number of stories Politico ran on Larry Sinclair....
And how many stories on the Clinton scandals with the following women did these reporters ( formerly of the Washington Post ) publish:
Paula Jones, Kathleen Wiley, Juanita Broaderick?
If Herman Cain is taken down, they will move on to the next conservative threat.
AP The Associated Press
BREAKING: Lawyer says woman who accused Cain alleged a ‘series of inappropriate behaviors’ -MS
5 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply
They can publish all they want. Doesn’t mean we have to pay any attention. I have stopped listening to all innuendo and news statements that contain hedging language such as “possibly”, “allegedly”,”potentially”, etc. My ears perk up only when I hear a new fact.
Paid per word by whom?
I calculate Cain gathers roughly 1000 primary votes for each of these stories.That’s 90,000 votes..... The stories will stop when Politico realizes they’re helping Cain, not hurting him/
Bur maybe they’re not that smart......
EARTH TO POLITICO!!!!....OBAMA IS A ONE TERM PRESIDENT!!!
This is starting to look like they are racist.
Will give no details
Cain did not sign agreement
Happened in 1999
Would not disclose amount
Will not be asking NRA to release Client from the confidentiality agreement, other than this press conference
Statement read by attorney was written jointly by Client and Attorney
She thanked the media for being respectful (or something like that)
She thanked her family and co-workers and her supervisors and advisers
Client works for the Government
Client has been married for over 20 years
Client is happy that they are able to resolve this matter today (i.e., will not be pushing the matter any further).
Attorney used the words “where there's smoke there's fire” - and stated his personal belief that there's more to it than this... that because there are two separate women, “that's meaningful.”
Attorney was asked if the woman believes Cain is not fit to be President: Attorney said she has not expressed an opinion on it, nor has he asked her for one.
Hopefully there will be a full reply. I couldn't hear most of the questions asked, only the attorney's replies. So when he responded “No”, I don't know what he was asked.
Washington Post did the same thing!!!
Monday AM - within 24 hours of the story “breaking” - The comPOST has 10 articles and editorials running.
It STINKS of pre-planned manipulation.
Sounds like someone is skeered of Herman...
Wouldn’t you think that if there was a great deal of truth or substance in this story, that at least ONE other media outlet would have been able to find something????
Surely Politico isn’t the only media source that has investigators on staff.
CNN? MSNBC? CBS? ABC? NBC? FOX? Anyone???
THE REAL DEAL:
Former President of National Restaurant Association has Ties to the Mitt Romney Campaign
Steven C. Anderson took over the helm as Chief Executive Officer at the National Restaurant Association
Herman Cain's departure in 1999
Whenever Team Romney had rumors they wanted to start about other candidates,
Jonathan Martin has been their go-to guy to get those rumors in writing in front of a national audience.
And The Most Irresponsible Journalist Award Goes to The Politicos Jonathan Martin!
So tell me, how do you write a news story about an organization paying for a speaker when you dont even know if the organization is paying for the speaker?
Ask journalist Jonathan Martin. He knows all about it.
You see, Jonny wrote a piss poor story the other day about how the Iowa Family Policy Center will be paying a large speaker fee if Sarah Palin comes to Iowa to keynote the IFPCs fall funderaiser.
The only problem is that Jonny has no sources confirming that any exorbitant fee is being charged or paid.
Jonny also got some inside info from David Kochel, who was a top aide to former (and future) presidential candidate, Mitt Romney.
Hey Dave, didnt I just read a story about how Mitt Romney tried to buy off the Iowa Christian Alliance?
I heard you helped facilitate that little scheme. And somehow you are shocked at the thought of a well-known political figure (who very likely isnt running for president) getting paid a speakers fee for (gasp) a public speaking appearance? ..
and then weve got Tim Albrecht quoted. He was the Iowa spokesman for Romneys 2008 caucus campaign.
And it always seemed like, whenever the Romney people had rumors they wanted to start about other candidates,
Jonny was their go-to guy to get those rumors in writing in front of a national audience.
"Who's the Palin Leaker from the McCain Campaign?
National Review Online The publication of a Vanity Fair profile of Sarah Palin
appears to have opened old wounds in the McCain campaign.
... the source of the Diva leak was Nicolle Wallaces husband."
It is pre-planned. The Democrat Party Media Complex in America has been acting like this since their heroic "Watergate victory" over that arch-villain Richard Nixon.
Don’t overlook the role of the “Undertaker” (aka the “Architect”) Carl Rove in sliming Cain. He was on Hannity yesterday doing it again and you could tell even Hannity is getting ticked off at him.
Rove, like Dana Perrino, is another one of the people who contributed to the miserable send term performance of Buch II which led to the Obama take over and the loss of Congress in 2006.
He’s a RINO booster.
Still not as many as the Wapo ran about macaca.
I USED to be on Politico’s automatic email, but unsubscribed from them after they attacked Cain. Hope thousands, and thousands unsubscribe from Politico to send them a message.
What are these “inappropriate behaviors”? You can call ANYTHING “inappropriate behaviors,” but they never mention SPECIFICS. I smell a rat.
According to THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE, Politico must now publish an equal number of sexual harassment stories about Politico execs and employees.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.