Skip to comments.Report: 80% of DOE Green Energy Loans Went to Obama Backers
Posted on 11/14/2011 10:46:41 AM PST by tcrlaf
A new book by Hoover Institution fellow Peter Schweizer details the startling extent of the cronyism that has pervaded President Obamas green jobs push. According to Schweizer, 4 out of every 5 renewable energy companies backed by the Energy Department was run by or primarily owned by Obama financial backers.
Those companies political largesse is probably the best investment they ever made in alternative energy, Schweizer explains. It brought them returns many times over.
Such is the inevitable consequence of large government interventions in private markets. Leaving aside the losses associated with transfers of funds from self-sustaining industries to ones that rely on government support, such interventions also encourage unproductive business activities by making subsidy suckling far more profitable than run-of-the-mill business expansions or product improvements.
(Excerpt) Read more at blog.heritage.org ...
Just ask anyone at the Gay-Run New York Times!
Oh boy, another opportunity to use Obama's favorite word, "unprecedented."
Another Bombshell Expose! Green Loans! The Real Story!
What would you say if I told you all the green loans were a scam? They were a slush fund that went to donors, bundlers, politicians, their family, friends, lawyers and lobbyists.
What I am about to tell you is going to make your head explode!
You all know about the Solyndra scam thats evolving. Well Solyndra is not the only loan that went bad. All the loans went bad. That was the intent all along.
Every loan benefited Obama. Every loan benefited Dems. Every loan benefited Dem donors.
We have been researching Solyndra and Zucotti Park. That is a strange combination on its face, but remember I had told you about Zucotti Park belonging to Brookfield properties.
Heres the deal. Politicians know the money is coming. They let their big donors, family, friends, lawyers and Lobbyists know. They invest in failing companies. They know the company is going to go bankrupt. Its designed that way.
They make a pre bankruptcy agreement where they get the investment back, first, before other creditors and taxpayers see a dime.
Once they obtain the loans, the real laundering begins.
They strip every dime. Pay off each other. Donate to Obama, and other dems.
Some companies funnel money overseas, to China, Finland, Russia, and other subsidiaries.
Chu runs cover.
The companies go bankrupt as intended and the money is laundered, never to be seen again.
The list, ping
Let me know if you would like to be on or off the ping list
“4 out of every 5 renewable energy companies backed by the Energy Department was run by or primarily owned by Obama financial backers.”
Gee, come on give the guy a break, it is just a coincidence. The coincidence occurs because every nit wit idea about free anything has a democrat backed or recipient involved!
But in the press, the number of bimbos that Cain may have offended is top news.
I’m not sure what to think. I’d kind of imagine that most green companies are run by lefties, since they are hoping that Obama increases the cost of energy to such an extent that they become viable. How many conservatives run abortion clinics? How many lefties run stand-alone profitable enterprises? Obama is a thug, but the MSM will let him ooze out of this one. Killing the pipeline is the big kahuna. That SOB in DC Through his own actions cost us jobs and is driving up energy costs, in one of many piss poor decisions. FUBO!
Maybe Rick Perry should write “Department of Energy” 100 times on the blackboard.
Well, that might not be a surprise. What percentage of Green Energy firms backed Obama?
Heck, finding enough “green energy” firms that DIDN’T back Obama to constitute 20% might be an achievement.
What’s wrong isn’t that they got the money - what is wrong is that Federal Government was able to give them any money at all...
Purely Coincidence! I’m sure..
This is less about cronyism and more about the “green” industry being run by liberals for liberals. But casting them in the same light as “big oil” certainly doesn’t hurt the cause. The MSM will turn a blind eye towards this just like they ignore the fact that there is big money in the abortion mills run by Planned Parenthood.
Anyone surprised, raise your hand.
The Marxist looting of the public treasury continues.
The headline should read 80% of companies that got loans have been identified so far as big Obama donors The other 20% are still being investigated.
We’ll never know where this money will end up. When these things go belly up they invariably protect the people at the top and the taxpayers get screwed.
Its like its meant to be a payoff to Obie supporters, who will in turn give back.
Same with stimulus.
We may never seen an accounting of where the stimulus money actually went.
What did they buy with their green loans, I wonder:-F)