"Her father is an old country doctor," Perry said, "and she sees the demise of really quality healthcare and being able to take care of people like they need to be taken care of in this country and the innovations that have occurred in medicine."
Anita Thigpen Perry, 59, has a bachelor's degree in nursing from West Texas State University (now West Texas A&M University) and a master's degree in nursing from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. Texas Tech University's School of Nursing was renamed in her honor in 2008.
She worked as a nurse for 17 years in numerous settings, including surgery, pediatrics, intensive care administration and teaching. That experience adds credibility to her criticism of the federal healthcare law, a welcome asset for Perry as he struggles to explain why more than a quarter of Texans don't have health insurance - the highest rate in the nation.
Anita Perrys childhood was spent making house calls with her dad, Texas Tech University Chancellor Kent Hance told The Hill. Healthcare is a big issue to her and her dad being a doctor a country doctor she certainly has a lot of opinions that were formed even at an early age over healthcare. [end excerpt]
And anita said the third reason that she wanted to see her boi toy run for President was, eeerrr, ahhhhhh, ooohhhhh................
Not sure waht to make of Rick Perry’s race so far. Taking an analogy of a long distance cross country race:
1. Got pushed into signing up by supporters
2. He listened to all his fans, put on his running shoes and took off in a full sprint with no race plan or real knowledge of the course
3. Quickly caught the methodical and steady even boring pace of Mitt, and saw no one ahead so thought...this is working great and continued at that pace
4. Rough road and bumps caused unanticipated stumbles and falters...quickly dropping back through the pack as he struggled to figure out how to maintain a consistent stride and trying to catch a second wind from the initial sprint.
5. Now he can see the pack in front and is starting to put together a plan it would appear...since he found out quickly he is not a natural born racer and failed to train and plan up front. Similar to the fate of a number of candidates this time around
We shall see how an advance team will work relaying back critical information to him...will he able to catch that second wind, hit an even stride and persevere through the tumultuous ground of the primaries and caucuses ahead?
Good for Anita. I know she will have lots of support in this effort.
No question; a very ambitious wife. Very ambitious and in her husbands name. . .