Skip to comments.Ron Paul Says His Republican Rivals Want Bigger Government
Posted on 11/24/2011 12:51:14 PM PST by rabscuttle385
Presidential hopeful Ron Paul says his rivals militant stances on the defense of liberty would make it difficult for him to support any of them for president should he not get the Republican nomination, because their positions would lead to bigger government. But the Texas congressman also told Fox News Neal Cavuto Wednesday that despite these concerns, he probably would not run as a third-party candidate.
I would have trouble with what I heard last night because it is almost opposite of the defense of liberty that Im talking about, Paul told Cavuto, referring to Tuesday nights presidential debate. I mean, the Republican Party is supposed to be a party, you know, of defining small government but when it came to the civil liberties, and the Patriot Act, and the invasion of privacy, and the Fourth Amendment all these things they wanted more government."
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
100% of 90% of what Ron Paul says is on target. The rest 10% is the problem, unfortunately.
Yes, and Ron Paul would like to live in a isolationist fantasy world.
...Would you agree that it is possible to find alternatives to those problems and not dismiss the whole thing?
Which would be far better than living in YOUR world with all those farts you keep fixating on, LOL
Our Founders recognized that embroilments with foreign lands were a problem, but Jefferson Correctly recognized that the Barbary pirates had to be shut down from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli.
Ron Paul refuses to engage in the animated fight of FREEDOM.
What are you yammering about?
That ridiculous tag line of yours. You cornered the market on ‘yammering’ with that one.
Stay a slave to borders. Be an isolationist loon.
Hmmmm...Ron Paul or Mitt Romney, Paul or Romney, which one is more in line with the Founding Fathers?
So is China isolationist, because they don’t have troops stationed in dozens, maybe hundreds of countries? How about every other nation on Earth? Isolationism, is a catch word to demean people that want an end to American interventionism. It is not to end American superiority, or destroy our ability to defend our countries interest abroad. It is a way to end our foreign aid, our foreign wars, and the leaching of our dollars to those making billions from war in private enterprise.
Are you suggesting that we should have an open borders policy?
My tagline refers to yammering from the masses.
No. I am saying that capitalism is built on free and fair trade., and that to widen the market we must and always have traded with foreign lands.
Do you believe that China is isolationist?
I would proffer that they are not.
Rick Perry is the guy that wants to cut foreign, aid and return to zero.
Well, it depends on whether or not those problems overshadow the whole thing. In Paul’s case, those problems seem to overshadow the rest of his message. To be fair though, one of Ron Paul’s biggest strengths is consistency.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.