Skip to comments.From a Global Perspective, the 99 Percent Are Actually the 1 Percent
Posted on 11/27/2011 4:48:02 AM PST by Kaslin
As I watch the various college-aged Occupiers in their True Religion jeans talk about how bad they’ve got it while they tweet on their Macs during a catered lunch consisting of salmon filets with dill sauce as a Rasta Columbia grad student strums gently on his Washburn 118SW, I keep thinking, “You charmed babies don’t have it that bad.”
Matter of fact, from an earth angle, you are truly the fortunate ones and have hit the lifestyle lotto. Trust me, there are stacks of people from developing countries who would love to have what you ingrates whine about. Just ask an illegal alien.
For instance …
1. Clean Water. Please bear in mind, Occupiers, that when you crack open your Evian or get a glass of water from your dorm room faucet that 884 million people worldwide drink water out of crap puddles. Also, even though it doesn’t look like many of you cats bathe, when you do scrub your undercarriage during a five-minute shower, know that you have burned more aqua in that foray than a normal Joe in a third world county has in the last 24 hours. Just a little FYI.
2. Toilets. I know some of your crew like to forego toilets and port-a-potties and drop deuces on police cars and American flags and urinate in public, but please understand that the mere fact that you’ve got an option to use an American Standard truly tosses you into the cultural elite class. Yep, worldwide 40% of our globe’s population (2.6 billion people) is forced, out of poverty, to pop a squat in the brush because they are that broke.
3. Electricity. Next time you power up your iPhone 4S or HDTV, think about this ditty: 1.6 billion folks live without the little extravagance of electricity.
4. A Roof. Globally, one billion people would kill to live in that tent you’re inhabiting right now in that swank park you’re ruining. One-sixth of the world’s collective live in cardboard boxes. According to the NYC arrest records of the 984 OWS protestors arrested between 9/18 and 10/15, they’re dwelling in digs that average about $305,000 a pop. Can you say, “1%”?
5. Grub. Did you know the rats you guys are attracting by the food you toss away during your protest would actually be a delicacy in developing countries? If you have three squares a day (or even one) please note that you are blessed because 790 million folks, give or take, go to bed every night with their stomachs sucking up against their spines.
I could go on and on talking about how great we have it here amidst all of our inequities and absurdities, but I’ve got a Thanksgiving dinner to eat, a cigar to smoke and a giant screen HDTV to watch the Dolphins lose on that forbid me to go any further with this diatribe. For more 411 on why the OWS crowd and all Americans should bow their knee and thank God we have this nation, check out this column.
OWSers could hardly give a rat’s ass about the true 99%. What they’re really whining about is they haven’t been catered to enough. Like in personal waiter service and limos to chauffeur them around town. Now that’s more like it!
Note: Staistics from NY OWS protesters who were the first to be arrested, police reports indicate that these protesters were coming from residences that were in the 300,000 dollar range. 99% ??????????
These useless idiots whine about paying their student loans while there are young girls murdered around this world for the act of learning to read.......
Any politician that has allowed these morons to cost their taxpayers more then one days worth of clean up money should be expelled from office for dereliction of duty....
Few of the 99% in this country would be lucky enough to own such a swank home. Most people out of necessity have to rent... often in less than desirable locations. We should be thankful to live in our great country and you have ingrates whining they aren’t spoiled enough. Tell that to every one else and to people in this world who thank God they are fortunate enough to be alive.
I agree completely
They aren’t unemployed.... They are unemployable.
Doom on em all.
My opinion ......
What they want is a New World Order with themselves established as the intellectual elite. Most communist countries have a thin strata of party officials who live like kings and “oversee” the populace. That’s what these kids feel themselves best suited for. Think tanks, policy-makers, overseers... and very, very comfortably situated.
Why should they!
The Turkey-in-Chief deliberately didn't thank God in HIS Thanksgiving address to the nation.
It's a wonder he didn't conclude his message with "The nation should bow its knee and thank my Administration and Big Government from whom all blessings flow."
You are exactly right! I was talking with someone advocating communism. When I pointed out the loss of freedoms communism required as well as other major negatives, he looked at me blankly then replied that these arguments against communism didn't apply because he expected to be one of the people in charge. As you pointed out, he would be in the strata of intellectual elites overseeing the rest of us. So, never-mind how communism impacted the masses!
What a horrifying individual. I bet he felt perfectly justified too. He'd have been torturing people during the Spanish Inquisition, too, given a chance.