Skip to comments.Vanity: Did anyone catch Newt on Hannity last nite?
Posted on 12/01/2011 10:17:53 AM PST by Maceman
I don't have time to write about my reaction, but I would be interested in the perspective of my fellow Freepers.
Personally, I thought Newt was VERY impressive, and for a whole hour.
I still haven't decided whom to support (not that it matters, since the Massachusetts primary is not going be a game changer anyway).
I have been in Cain's camp, but I am reassessing in light of what I perceive as the Cain team's mis-management of the whole sex attack thing.
Also, rightly or wrongly, unless Cain manages to win a very sympathetic public vindication in a very short time I am seriously doubting his ability to continue in this race.
I'm sad about that. But I was greatly impressed by Newt last nite for a lot of reasons I don't have time to get into just now.
What did alla y'alls think?
Know them by their Fruit
Some of Newts Progressive Dossier:
04/02/1987 He cosponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine
10/22/1991 He voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.
03//1993 He Voted for sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.
11/19/1993 He voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.
11/27/1994 He supported the GATT Treaty subjecting US Sovereignty to the WTO
08/27/1995 He suggests that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.
04/25/1996 Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)
04/10/1995 He supported Federal tax dollars being spent on abortions.
06/01/1996 He helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat Ron Paul in the 1996 election.
09/25/1996 Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.
01/22/1997 Congress gave him a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.
11/29/2006 He said that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Wants to stop terrorists from using the internet. Called for a serious debate about the 1st Amendment.
11/29/2006 He called for a Geneva Convention for terrorists so it would be clear who the Constitution need not apply to.
02/15/2007 He supported Bushs proposal for mandatory carbon caps.
09/28/2008 Says if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
10/01/2008 Says in an article that TARP was a workout, not a bailout.
12/08/2008 He was paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.
03/31/2009 Says we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.
07/30/2010 Says that Iraq was just step one in defeating the Axis of Evil.
08/03/2010 Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.
08/16/2010 Opposes property rights of the mosque owner in NYC.
11/15/2010 He defended Romneycare
12/05/2010 He said that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.
01/30/2011 He lobbied for ethanol subsidies.
01/30/2011 He suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.
02/13/2011 He criticized Obama for sending less U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.
02/15/2011 His book said that he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating a new endowment for conservation and the environment.
03/09/2011 He blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his passion for the country.
03/15/2011 Says that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.
03/19/2011 He has no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)
03/23/2011 He completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in 16 days.
03/25/2011 He plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.
04/25/2011 Hes a paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.
05/12/2011 He was more supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.
08/01/2011 He hired a company to create fake Twitter to appear as if he had a following.
10/07/2011 He said hed ignore the Supreme Court if need be.
11/16/2011 Was revealed he actually received 1.6 million from Freddie Mac, vs. his previously stated $300,000-
2009-2010 Travels around the country with Al Sharpton and Arne Duncan to promote President Obamas new educational policies: i.e. increased local control of schools with increased Federal subsidies and regulations from Washington.
2010 Supported ultra-liberal, pro-abortion, pro-union, establishment candidate Dede Scozzafava in New Yorks 23rd Congressional District in a special election, over conservative candidate Doug Hoffman.
1995 Gingrich Wrote the foreword to Alvin Tofflers book, The Politics of the Third Wave, Creating a New Civilization and advocated all members of Congress should read the book. The book calls for a New Democracy for the 21st century which is essentially based on following Platos Third Wave virtues:
1. Private property must be abolished, the wealthy hated and their wealth redistributed by state mandate.
2. Children belong to, and are born to serve the state. The influence of parents is noxious and disruptive to the interest of the state, thus every child should be raised in government nurseries, without knowledge of who his or her parents are and without the parents having knowledge of who their offspring are. Every child becomes the common property of every parent in the city. Every parent has the collective duty to watch over them.
3. Private education, like traditional parenting, is at the very headwaters of falsehood and social strife. It must be eliminated and replaced with a closely monitored state school system.
4. Old values passed down in history, song, childrens books, all need to be rewritten to discredit and erase the old virtues and to exalt and enthrone the new.
5. Frivolous childrens games eliminated, new games developed that emphasize law and order.
6. Private industry is self serving. State should have absolute control of all industry for benefit of the whole.
7. Class mobility is a revolutionary idea that threatens the stability of the state and the pre-eminence of true philosophy. A strict caste system and the elimination of career choice is the answer.
8. Talent must never be allowed to wander or be wasted. Early on, children must be identified and channeled by the state for the benefit of the state into careers selected by the state.
9. Under the guise of equality, women ought to be exploited: first to foment class war during the Third Wave (womens roles are reversed to mens); next, to be promptly put into their place as part of a community of women to be shared collectively by male guardians.
10. Selective breeding is beneficial to the state.
11. Unwanted babies, inferior babies, deformed babies, and the adult handicapped are an unnecessary drag on the prosperity and well-being of society. They should be left to die. Unproductive adults, likewise, should be terminated.
12. Homosexuality is morally acceptable and homosexual rape of lower-class males and boys is a right of rulers, guardians and war heroes.
13. Only a few men are foreordained to understand life and higher good the rest are equivalent of dumb sheep.
14. Absolute loyalty to the government is vital for the success and safety of society. A state sanctioned National Police network is an essential good.
15. Wealth is not essential to the safety of the state.
- Gingrich voted to permit the Federal Reserve to purchase Treasury Debt
- Bailed out savings and loan institutions in 1991. $40B Bank bailout
- Gingrich voted to strengthen the federal home loan agencies
- Gingrich voted for increased powers to the FDIC to bail out struggling savings and loans through reorganization, purchase of bad assets, or recapitalization.
- Gingrich voted in favor of the Chrysler Bailout in 1979
- Gingrich voted for an oil windfall profits tax in 1979, which was signed by Jimmy Carter.
- Urged the House to repeal the War Powers Act and give the Presidency more power.
- Urged Clinton to expand military presence in Bosnia.
- Gingrich voted against a provision requiring congressional approval prior to deployment of U.S. troops into Central America in 1983.
- Gingrich voted to increase CIA secrecy and against any requirement that the President report covert activity to congress before it is initiated.
- Gingrich voted for Jimmy Carters Energy Mobilization Board.
- Gingrich voted for an increase in taxes on coal producers in 1981
- Gingrich voted for a 5-cent increase in the gas tax to fund highway and other mass-transit projects.
- Gingrich was one of the few who voted against the 1984 bill requiring the President and Congress to submit a balanced budget
- Gingrich voted for a congressional pay raise
- Gingrich voted against a bipartisan 1% cut to the Department of Defense budget for 1983
That’s a huge list. Where did you get it?
the liust says more about you tahn it does newt. it shows you likely live in the dark under a rock.
I don’t think Cain mismanaged the sex thing at all.
Is it really a reasonable expectation to record the minutes of everybody that you meet, just in case one of those thousands of people accuses you of bad things?
Really? Is that the best you can do? Instead of telling us where this list is wrong you attack your fellow FReeper who posted it?
I want to know specifics - facts - where this is wrong. That’s the kind of thing we need to know.
I’m voting for Newt. Just based on his record when he was in Congress, he was certainly Conservative.
The stupid things he said while he was a private citizen don’t concern me to the point I won’t vote for him. No, I’m not happy about them, but, what can you do.
I think he will take it to Barry and I think Romney will do a “McCain” (we don’t have to be afraid of an Obama Presidency). He’s the fiestiest of the crew.
He has a 94% rating from the ACU. Can’t get much better than that.
We will have to WATCH HIM ALL THE TIME. But we will have to be all over any one of them.
I shudder to think of Perry facing Obama.
Debating Obama would give Bachmann a headache.
Cain v. Obama? Oye!
Why are so many of the leaders in the race so dishonest & filthy; hate being forced to vote for such candidates.
Can you just put that next to the Romney list and I’ll vote for the “short-list”? ;-)
We will be voting for a conservative republican, not a reactionary
And, you can’t even stay on topic for my question. What the heck does that have to do with your original comment?
Information on Newt is freely available on many publications/websites.
Philosphically his core beliefs seem to go back to Plato as pointed out in the Third Wave, which puts him in good company with Elitist/Academia types.
IMHO; He’s a very dangerous Silver Tongued Snake
Know them by their Fruit
Some of Newts Progressive Dossier:
04/02/1987 He cosponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine
2 posted on Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:20:34 PM by JohnKinAK
+++ %%% ####
Didn’t get past #1. He supported it (Fairness Doctrine) because, at the time, the only news we had was, Cronkite, Huntley-Brinkley and one other socialist news network.
There are plenty of things Newt did that I’m not thrilled with but starting right off with something that may have been reasonable at the time, does not help your cause.
He supported it because he believed CONSERVATISM was in danger.
Wow, he batted every one of Hannity's softballs out of the park? How impressive!
"Ahhhhh.....how about you go first, Mr. President??"
Supporting the Fairness Doctrine goes against Conservatism, as it was when the Fairness Doctrine was REMOVED (Thank you Ronald Reagan) that we got the likes of Rush Limbaugh.
why do you continually post this stuff? What’s your point?
If anyone is interested, this is a good read from a reporter who has listened to Newt’s interviews with SC voters.
Newt mocked the Tea Party and dissed Sarah Palin. He is not on my list of people to consider for the WH. NEVER.
That's one of the most ignorant statements I've seen on this forum for quite some time, and I've seen some doozies.
Since when does recognizing a candidate's actual record constitute "living under a rock" among conservatives?
You want us to airbrush out Newt's past, like the Dems did for Obama? Sheeesh.....
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.