Skip to comments.Rick Perry “failed fundamental character test” with anti-gay ad
Posted on 12/09/2011 5:09:21 PM PST by SmithL
Rick Perry is waaaaaaaaay behind in polls everywhere, so hes literally throwing a Hail Mary pass to Iowas conservative evangelical Christian community with a new TV ad that is getting pounded across the political spectrum and even from within Perrys campaign for its anti-gay message.
Im not ashamed to admit that Im a Christian, Perry says in the ad currently in heavy rotation in Iowa. But you dont need to be in the pew every Sunday to know that theres something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids cant openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.
As President, Ill end Obamas war on religion, and Ill fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage.
Top GOP strategist Steve Schmidt who ran both John McCains 2008 prez campaign and CA Guv Arnold Schwarzeneggers 2006 re-elect called the ad despicable, . . .
(Excerpt) Read more at blog.sfgate.com ...
Does any conservative get the San Francisco vote?
“But you dont need to be in the pew every Sunday to know that theres something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids cant openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.
THUMBS UP. Add having a fake p-resident who thinks America has 57 states and talks thru a teleprompter...
That is not really anti-gay, that is more of pointing to the vastly different way groups are being treated these days.
Perry is definitely going “all-in” in Iowa but he doesn’t have many chips to put in the middle of the table.
I can’t sneak one by you, huh?
The way it’s going down, it looks like Newt...and Perry would be an excellent VP. I like his values and his honesty.
Can we take back the language please? Can we call out gays for being the most homophobic for using “gay” as a euphemism (that *everyone else* has accepted) to hide their HOMOsexuality?
Resist. We must.
PC = Cultural Marxism
I don’t see how it’s anti gay?
Me am smairt.
It is also just like the one Mr Ditter wears when he goes to see the bucking bulls he raises. It is remarkably similar to the ones the cowboys in the PBR wear and well as every farmer and rancher in the whole country. But of course this guy wouldn't know that because they don't wear them in San Francisco. Let's hear it for CARHARTT!
Yeah, the trek of becoming POTUS has always been directed by a candidates compassion shown to the voice of San Francisco.... (giggle....giggle)
And that's just one more thing I like about Perry.
That is some pretty harsh words there about our 57 states when it's the teleprompter's fault that it was said.
I like his honesty also.
Newt might make a great VP for Perry.
I'm not in the Perry camp yet, but he scored some points with me for that comment.
Why on earth would Perry give up being the governor of the 2nd largest state in the union, the 13th largest economy in the WORLD, to be a VP?
You know what fails a fundamental character test? Badmouthing your own candidate’s running mate in a presidential election when you’re the campaign manager, that’s what.
Steve, I think Rick Perry is about as likely to sprout wings and fly as he is to win the nomination at this point, but you’re a human secretion stain on the Republican party and the conservative movement. And I don’t mean from above the waistline, sunshine.
There is a huge population of silent Americans who resent the idea that gays get preferential treatment to other groups in our society. When it comes to their children being sent home for expressing a little Christian thought, it has many outraged. When it comes to receiving letters from their brave heroes in the military about the behavior of the gays, it has many crawling up the walls in frustration. During this Christmas season, it has many Americans resenting the spirit of Christmas being closed out from the public square.
Governor Rick Perry pretty well nailed it.
When you employ euphemisms such as “gay” and “choice”, then you’ve already surrendered, doofus, I have long argued.
It doesn’t matter what you say after that!
The Gay Klux Klan is coming out of the woodwork everywhere, to mob and savage anyone who criticizes them, especially on moral grounds.
No, but he'll sure get the 5% committed evangelical vote.
10-12% in Iowa.
“”...and Perry would be an excellent VP. I like his values and his honesty.””
After I saw an interview he did with Wolf Blitzer (I know! I know! I do watch CNN as I know what to expect) this week, he’s looking better to me all the time!
I saw someone today griping about him forgetting something again and here I sit not able to tell you what he forgot because I have forgotten. We all do it so what’s the big deal?
So did Obama forget it was 2011 when he signed the guest book in England...2008 ????
He forgot the number of Supreme Court justices. There are probably betting pools on what he’ll forget next.
You can’t serve in the military if you’re too short, too tall ! , too fat, too skinny. That’s because unlike most civilian government jobs, the military serves a vital function. Openly gay behavior is detrimental to morale, and due to their feelings of alienation, have a history been high security risks (Private Manning).
Since Leftists don’t know what “rights” really are, they have dfficulty in distinguishing between rights and privileges.
3 million hits with 13,933 likes & 515,551 dislikes ?
Perry/Newt? Newt would never select Perry. He would end up like McCain,having the VP candidate far more popular than he is.
And Perry would not select Newt. He’d select someone closer to his own values. He’s mentioned some people he’d like in his cabinet who are really good people.
And Perry would not select Newt. Hed select someone closer to his own values. Hes mentioned some people hed like in his cabinet who are really good people.
My dream ticket as I have said before is Perry/Palin. Who knows it might happen.
I do not believe that Perry would accept the nod for VP.
Dipping into the Rat-native rhetoric of envy-based politics has its hazards even though it does highlight liberal hypocrisy. But true, San Fran would never have voted for Perry anyhow.
Love that one
I know you weren't commenting on the ad, but I had to go watch it for myself to see what all the fuss was about. The degenerates can't seem to handle the truth and will grasp at anything to ridicule the messenger. So the guy in the Brokeback Mt. movie wore the same or similar jacket? What the he!! does that have to do with anything? There are some really nasty comments on the RPerry2012 channel.
Garofoli is DNC stenographer masquerading as a “journalist”
Same with Carla Marinucci of SFHate.
They ran Palin hit pieces on a daily basis for three years until she decided not to run.
They will attack any GOP candidate while lying by omission regarding the misdoings and incompetency of the Dems, especially Obama.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
...to boldly go...
You probably have an aversion to ‘government money’; too.
So to all my freeper friends, happy Holy Days, the days when Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem where Jesus Christ was born!
Maybe if we say Holy Days instead of holiday we can cause some libturds heads to explode!
Take back the LANGUAGE!
Sarah Palin had comments about Cain,Romney,Gingrich,Perry,Santorum,Paul and Bachman. Her remarks were complimentary of all the candidates, with added praise for Rick Santorum.
The only candidate she referred to specifically as a "constitutional conservative" was Rick Perry.
I loved this ad! It states my feelings exactly.
I swear .. the "logic" utilized by those tools on the LoonyLeft is hilarious!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.