Skip to comments.
Surprise! Poll with ties to SEIU and Daily Kos says… Ron Paul getting close to leaders in Iowa
HotAir - Green Room ^
Posted on 12/13/2011 7:59:46 PM PST by TBBT
Before you put too much stock in the most recent PPP poll, you may want to review this April 2011 Hill article:
(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...
TOPICS: News/Current Events; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS: iowa; poll; ppp
Funny. Brit Hume was just on Greta and they were touting this poll.
Hume alluded to other polls out today that contradicted this poll (Insider Advantage?). But he never mentioned the particulars of the contrary polls and never suggested that this poll might be an outlier.
Same scenario in a lot of media reporting today. This poll makes for a bigger headline (more drama) - more exciting than polls that suggest that nothing has changed. So, the media globs onto this...
posted on 12/13/2011 7:59:54 PM PST
“This poll makes for a bigger headline (more drama)”
Exactly right as to why it is being pushed over the other poll(s).
Why is Paul running on the GOP slate anyway? he is a libertarian..not a republican. Why doesn’t he run 3rd party?
posted on 12/13/2011 8:13:04 PM PST
("This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." the Irish)
The three latest Iowa polls (Insider Advantage, PPP and University of Iowa) have all shown a drop in support for Gingrich and he is dropping sharply on InTrade.
I don't have a dog in this race. Whomever (other than Rom Paul) that I think is the strongest anti “Newt Romney” on Feb. 28 is the candidate I will vote for in the Michigan Primary.
posted on 12/13/2011 8:16:23 PM PST
What’s with Hume lately? Can’t remember him being particularly harsh on any individual before, but now he’s all out on Newt.
posted on 12/13/2011 8:18:43 PM PST
Insider Advantage has Gingrich up by 10, but that’s down from its previous poll.
It’s like everyone else (Bachmann, Perry, etc.). They all look good at first, but the longer you look, the uglier the warts get. Until I got to know Perry, I figured I’d hop aboard his bandwagon. I knew enough about Newt to realize I could never climb aboard his bandwagon (unless it’s against Obama).
posted on 12/13/2011 8:22:09 PM PST
Ron Paul is fun to listen too, but I truly don’t think he’s up for the job that lies ahead. I don’t think any man is, really, but at his age now, it’ll kill him.
He might make a great VP, or make him Treasury Secretary and let him go to town.
posted on 12/13/2011 8:40:22 PM PST
(Israel is real:))
IMHO... ALL of Faux News is in the tank for Romney. Almost every show, around the clock, is anti Gingrich.
posted on 12/13/2011 8:46:12 PM PST
(~Just livin' life, my way~.. Newt/Palin-West-2012."got a lot swirling around in my head.")
To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...
Thanks TBBT. I wasn't putting any stock in the poll anyway; pro-Paul "news" stories alway read like his campaign press releases, it reminds me of Lyndon LaRouche. I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say, Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Romney as 1 2 3 4.
- Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich in statistical tie in latest Iowa poll
- PPP POLL BOMBSHELL: Ron Paul Is Close To A Win In Iowa
- No, Ron Paul is not a threat to win the Iowa Caucuses
- Ron Paul is striking chords with Iowa GOP voters
- Iowa (InAdv): Gingrich 27, Paul 17, Perry 13, Romney 12, Bachmann 10
- Gingrich, Paul Virtually Tied for First Place in Iowa (PPP POLL: Newt-22, Paul-21, Mitt - 16)
- Ron Paul Ain't the Tea Party (Rush Limbaugh blasts Ron Paul)
- Times/CBS Poll: Gingrich Surges Ahead in Iowa (Newt - 31, Mitt - 17, Paul - 16)
- Gingrich leads, but Paul most likely to beat Obama in latest Iowa poll
- 'Fired' up: Paul & Huntsman refuse to attend Trump-led 'circus' debate...
- Cain's Endorsement, Bachmann Loses her NICHE (and Ron Paul's eyebrows)
- Ron Paul's army rises up as Palin gives Santorium thumbs up (Video)
- All of the candidates except Gingrich, Romney and Paul should drop out before Iowa
posted on 12/14/2011 6:19:24 AM PST
(Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! May 2013 be even Happier!)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson