Skip to comments.Woman tells how she turned to the sex industry to fund her studies
Posted on 12/15/2011 9:07:49 PM PST by Niuhuru
After it was revealed yesterday that an increasing number of women are using the sex industry to pay their way through university, one woman has told her story of stripping while studying. Emma Green, of Glamorgan, Wales, turned to stripping on a webcam for men and earned £200-a-week to fund her studies.
The 25-year-old, who studied multi-media design at Glamorgan University before spending another year at a beauty therapy college in 2009, says a normal part-time job was out of the question because of her intense course workload.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...
I think I read one time that studying multi-media design and beauty therapy can get pretty “intense”.
I think it’s just an excuse, not a real reason to do this sick stuff. How many more are getting roped into this and I have no idea on why, whe nthey could easily do better for themselves. Just party girls using this as a reason.
I agree with you.
I’m glad you understand; so many want to find every excuse to blame everyone but the women who do this. They blame the culture, the schools, the people who hire them, but quite frankly they are doign this to themselves.
Okay. I knew a woman in Portland, Oregon, who worked as a high paying call girl to fund her studies in Oceanography. No lie.
She said she made really good money in the sex trade, but wanted to do something else that required thought processing.
I think we have glamorized sluts and smut more than enough.
Not my own type, but certainly does not appear guilty. A softer smile would go a long way IMO, but my guess is the guys aren’t looking at her smile...
The article says she is 25. Well, that figure may be 25, but that face is 35.
“Well, that figure may be 25, but that face is 35.”
True; I also think she’s funding a boob-job instead of school...
Glam organ University?
Well, in general I agree with you completely. Our society has its values upside down.
But, a couple hundred bucks a week, "glamorous"? $15K a year? Nah, that's not glamorous, that's borderline poverty.
As for calling her a "slut", the article says she was "stripping on a webcam", not whoring, and not even stripping in a club, just in front of a camera in her room. Not that I would want my daughter doing it. But it's a lot tamer than your "slut" term indicates.
As for calling it "smut", ummmm, yeah, it is. But your computer doesn't force you to watch it, and there are a lot worse things out there, too. Personally, I avoid being offended by crap on the internet by plentiful application of the "okay, then don't go there" rule. It's easy to do. In fact I find that I avoid about 80% of the internet, simply because I have no desire to see what's there. The other 20% holds more than enough, ummm, "surprises".
“Nuts” is, I think, an accurate description of this female.
It does rather look that way. Might just be a push-up bra, though. I've been fooled more than once by those damn things... :)
There seems like there would be a irreversible moral slide downhill that you take when you decide to degrade yourself by selling your body for money. I have heard the stories for years of the supposedly moral woman stripping to support her kids or put herself through school. Yet all the strippers whose lives I have gotten to know the details of for they were part of some family I knew were self centered party girls who had substance abuse problems and often engaged in prostitution as they slid downward. I am no expert having only heard detailed stories from a few families, but I have yet to encounter the reality of the stripper with her act together. I am sure they must exist I think I heard about one on NPR once while on a long drive and you know everything they report is true. (sarc)
Good point; I’m pretty sheltered...when I go out, I go to an old man bar, so don’t see this much.
This kind of thing never happens in the US.
I mean really, could you imagine that some skank daughter of a guy who helped get a murderer off does a porn video and gets famous. Then her whole family get on TV and do nothing and make millions? She even has a fake wedding and makes millions and the public still supports her.
No, Americans are much too smart for that...
Crazy as a loon....and not 25.
But after a few Martini’s....
It is her choice. Wonder if the education she is receiving is worth the carnage to her psyche?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.