Skip to comments.The Top 10 Barney Frank Offenses (Good riddance!!)
Posted on 12/22/2011 6:03:31 AM PST by SeekAndFind
Rep. Barney Frank (D.-Mass.) has announced that he will not run for reelection, giving conservatives an early Christmas present. Let’s look back on his more than 30 years in office and give thanks that the liberal lawmaker will soon be returning home. Here are the Top 10 Barney Frank Offenses.
1. Fannie and Freddie: As ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee, Frank blocked tightened oversight over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, saying in 2003, “These two entities … are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” and, “I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing.” More than any other factor, the 2008 financial meltdown was caused by pushing these government-sponsored enterprises to encourage housing loans to risky borrowers. Thanks a lot, Barney.
2. Liberal voting record: Frank never met a liberal cause that he didn’t embrace, including backing partial-birth abortions and gay marriage. Liberal groups such as the ACLU, NAACP and others routinely give him the highest marks for his voting record. Americans for Democratic Action named Frank one of their “heroes” for his perfect left-wing tally of votes.
3. Live-in prostitute: In 1989, the Washington Times reported that Frank allowed his lover at the time, male prostitute Steve Gobie, to live in the basement of his Capitol Hill townhouse, where the hooker turned tricks while the openly gay congressman was at work. The sordid living arrangement led to an official reprimand of Frank by the House of Representatives for using his congressional office to fix parking tickets racked up by the prostitute.
4. Dodd-Frank: This misguided attempt to reform the financial sector has added to the problem with its burdensome regulations. The only benefit from the bill will be the jobs created in the legal and accounting fields needed to comply with its onerous provisions.
5. Campaign donations: Frank’s interest in allowing free rein at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was not necessarily due to his altruistic motivations for helping poor people buy houses. He also received more than $40,000 in campaign donations over the years from its top officials. Other top donors to Frank’s campaigns included Fidelity Investments, J.P. Morgan and the Bank of America—all institutions that stood to benefit from his position on the House Financial Services Committee.
6. Lover at Fannie Mae: Frank’s longtime lover Herb Moses worked as a top official responsible for relaxing mortgage standards at Fannie Mae, an enterprise that was subject to oversight authority by the House Financial Services Committee upon which Frank served. Conflict of interest, anyone?
7. TARP favor: Frank inserted a provision in federal bailout legislation that granted $12 million to OneUnited Bank. Yes, that is the same bank that embroiled Rep. Maxine Waters, Frank’s colleague on the House Financial Services Committee, in an ongoing House ethics committee probe for seeking special treatment for the bank where her husband has financial ties.
8. Airplane freebie: Liberals love to hurl ethics charges against their conservative opposition, but said little when Frank was caught taking a free trip to the Virgin Islands on the private jet of a billionaire, G. Donald Sussman, head of Paloma Securities, which received $200 million of federal bailout funds. Imagine the howls if any conservative had done the same.
9. Rude and insulting: It is not just that Frank voted as a true-blue liberal that is galling, but also how he expressed his opinions. Normally described as witty or acerbic by his fans in the mainstream media, Frank was often rude and insulting when pushing his agenda—witness his attack on Bill O’Reilly, telling the Fox host during an interview, “Your stupidity gets in the way of rational discussion.”
10. Disheveled: Far from upholding the gay stereotype of being meticulously dressed, Frank always looked like he'd slept in his suit. And considering that his net worth is several million dollars, is there a reason why he can’t afford to buy a comb?
There’s nothing sadder than an old queen.
Barney Frank is the most unobservant Congressman in modern history or one of the most crooked. Probably both.
I would be tempted to attend a grand jury hearing
examining the evidence prior to indicting his royal
Oh, but I’m betting those are closed hearings.
Yeah, but would Laz hit it?
I think even Laz has standards, low they may be.
Okay, Barney’s a perverted slob, we all know that.
This says a lot more about the morons that keep voting for him...
RE: This says a lot more about the morons that keep voting for him...
He keeps bringing home the bacon (AKA more of our tax dollars )... their way.
Evidence of Franks’ disgusting life:
Posted in 2008:
To: Nick Thimmesch
Discover the link:
Barney Franks former so-called spouse was a man named Herb Moses.
At the time, Herb Moses was a director for housing initiatives at Fannie Mae.
Herb Moses helped develop many of Fannie Maes affordable housing and home improvement lending programs.
Herb Moses was reportedly a mortgage expert who left Fannie Mae in 1998 to start a pottery business.
But not before his lover Barney Frank lobbied hard to widen Fannie Maes ability to give mortgages to high-risk borrowers.
A Herbert M. Moses from Washington D.C. and employed by Fannie Mae gave $1500 to Democrats in the 1990s.
A Herbert M. Moses in D.C. is listed at whitepages.com
At this whitepages page, you will find a background records link that allows you to buy a detailed report on that name from a list of several links.
Several of those links will give a teaser list of cities where the named person presumedly has lived or lives.
Fact check: you can type in the name of someone you know and see that the list of teaser cities is an actual list of the actual cities where the named person has lived.
For Herbert M. Moses of D.C., Huntington Beach, CA, is one of 6 cities listed as a current or former residence.
Newport Beach is 6 miles from Huntington Beach
A google search of Herbert Moses
brings you to a photo and contact page of Herb Moses working at Wells Fargo in the mortgage department
and Herb Moses of Wells Fargo mortgage is also listed at this website
A brand new FReeper, Stevie1958, has posted an interesting note at FR claiming that this same pictured Herb Moses has made porn films with his current long-term gay sex partner.
A google search using key terms revealed by this new FReeper, Stevie1958, does lead to webpages with photos of the same pictured man (identified above as Herb Moses) engaged in explicit homosexual sex acts.
So, it seems that Barney Franks former homosexual spouse who was a Fannie Mae executive, is now a third rate loan salesman and gay pron star. It makes Franks old housemate, Steve Gobie, who Frank met when he hired him as a male escort, and who ran a gay escort service from Franks D.C. home, seem pretty tame in comparison (Representative Barney Frank received a formal reprimand from the House for his relationship with a male prostitute - Gobie).
And one more thing: Is Stevie1958 really Stephen L. Gobie?
24 posted on Dec 09, 2008 09:24 AM by Notwithstanding
Unless it's a liberated old queen running around without his man-zeer.
A non reason. What difference does it make if he's heveled or not? One of our greatest thinkers was disheveled, Albert Einstein looked like a wino.
They touched on the fact of his prostitute "lover" but the simple fact that he's a queer is enough reason.
Does anyone think a 80 year old woman going without a bra looks sexy?
Or a diction coach?
Looks like old Barn needs an Ah Bra.
You mean besides the one against nature.