Skip to comments.3-Year-Old Shoots 5-Year-Old, Kansas Man Arrested
Posted on 12/24/2011 4:43:12 PM PST by eccentric
A Wichita man has been arrested in connection with the death of a 5-year-old child. Police say the boy was shot and killed in Lakewood, Colorado by a 3-year-old.
Lakewood police say officers were called to an apartment complex Friday morning to investigate a report of a shooting. When they arrived, they found the 5-year-old suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. The boy was taken to a local hospital where he later died.
Police say a 3-year-old friend whose family was visiting from Kansas accidentally shot the 5-year-old. The circumstances of the shooting have not been released.
Officials say Adam Laham, 23, of Wichita, has been arrested. He has been charged with Child Abuse Resulting in Death and Criminal Negligence.
Another Fast and Furious sting operation gone bad? Guess we need more gun laws. /s
Children are NOT allowed in my house. Not my grandkids, not none.
Pass the NRA safety course, get your drivers license, get a job.... maybe I'll let you inside.
Why people gotta be stupid?
I am an electrician and I am sure that you just read what was on the back of your toaster. A wall socket will stop your heart. A static shock will kill you. A lightning strike will make your underwear crispy. Or fry you to a crisp. Don’t spout what you do not know about.
600VAC toasters? LoL!
I've had a radio licence for more than 40 years.
Don't try to teach grandpa to suck eggs.
The A-Hole needs to be charged with First Degree Murder.
“God made children. Sam Colt made them equal.”
I was going to go with “I bet the three year old did not have his CCW Permit.”
But, I see no humor is this story and am just pissed.
My best friend’s father was involved in such.. wojciechowski. Familiar?
Heck, I don't even have a toaster, you can call home and ask my wife (Uneasy Rider reference, for children without an education)
If I want toast, I just stab a piece of bread with a stick and hold it over the fire. Or (more likely) throw it on a 500F comal.
A very sad story, my heart goes out to these families even if a lack of commonsense somewhere may of caused it. I kept my weapons safely away from my little one at that age. A real small child you have to protect them. My father taught me safety like his father before him and on back but children that small are too small to understand things, somebody will have to carry this as a heavy burden. May the angels hold you in their arms little one.
As his later post suggests, he knows a lot about that stuff. And so do I, for example, and lots of hams who built tube amplifiers and had to work with anode voltages above 1 kV. Those were dangerous, in part because they could deliver some serious current ... and they were DC, and you sometimes had to work with the powered circuit.
A wall socket will stop your heart.
When working, keep your other hand ... where? No, not on the nearest water pipe. 120V's main danger, actually, is in fact that if you short it there will be a flash, droplets of metal, noise - and if you are not yet injured by debris and heat then you can reflectively jerk your hands and hurt them against other objects.
A static shock will kill you.
Perhaps Killer Kitties exist, but I haven't met one yet. A standard 25-27 kV anode voltage of a color TV tube would be quite unpleasant, but the capacitance of the anode is just a few hundred pF, thus the charge is not very large. The same 25 kV on a power rail of a broadcast amplifier is, of course, very bad. The main danger? The arc.
A lightning strike will make your underwear crispy.
Well, as matter of fact it doesn't. People struck by lightning are often found naked, with their clothes blown away.
Electricians usually work with high current circuits (100-200A is typical; 10-20A is the minimum you'd ever be wiring for.) Those currents, multiplied by the source voltage and considering an infinitely low output impedance of the grid, are dangerous. They can start a fire in no time flat. You need to be careful. On the other hand, much of electronic equipment requires much less current, and usually a high voltage power supply can't deliver more than a few mA - this is the case in notebooks, for example. The backlight of an LCD screen is using a cold cathode (CCFL) lamp, but very few people fret about having a few kV within a few inches from their hands... they just don't know about it :-)
And one more thing. I gather that you haven't reacted to the statement "at RF frequencies (those really hurt)." Do you know how they hurt? You get a fire between your finger and the terminal; a little white arc that is as real as any other, with flame and smoke (from your skin) and all. You don't get that at DC or 60 Hz. There are all kinds of ways to hurt yourself in an RF equipment, and it is very wise to keep children away from such machinery. Even if the thing is completely safe in 1,000 ways a child will immediately find a 1,001's - and you will be in trouble. Best to keep them away.
What have we come to!
Sumbitches will drill a little tiny 1/64" hole in your finger that won't heal for months. And then bounce you off the wall for exersize.
Broken anode caps are Bad Things(tm). Do not tap to find the microphonic tube.
I was just referring to the toaster thingamawachit picture.
In heaven, the English are the cops, the Germans are the engineers and the French are the cooks.
In perdition, The English are the cooks, the Germans are the cops, and the French are the engineers.
But don't forget... those Italians make some really, really nice handcrafted cars that don't run on steam.
Dang! You're a grumpier old man than I am and I didn't think that possible.
Merry Christmas from one Scrooge to another.
I hope you take this the way I mean it, I usually agree with your posts.
I did not know that but will take your word for it since you're an electrician and I'm not. Just to be clear though, are you talking about that charge you build up by dragging your feet on some carpeting?
I get shocked every time I get out of my car during this season. I hate it and one year bought some stuff to spray on my car seat but have forgotten the brand name, it worked pretty well too.
Should I give up the simple pleasure of sliding across the carpet to touch my grand son on the ear? Next you will be telling me that "pull my finger" trick is dangerous too.
I use 'Snuggle' fabric softener, diluted 100:1 with tap water.
Spray on carpets as required.
Since I don't use fabric softener for my clothes, that half-gallon will last me for the rest of my life.
My baby daughter (with 3 of her own) called me tonight to say "thank you" and wish me a merry Christmas.
It's dangerous in this house for adults. Trust me.
Who is going to let a kid wander around poking at the pointy, shiny and electrical stuff? :)
I do take it the way you mean it, ya old grump. And a merry Christmas to you also. God bless you and yours. Some families aren't doing as well.
yeah so why is the adult arrested unless he is lying and blaming the 3 year old.
Which is why my grandkids can't come into my house.
Endangering children is a crime.
Try leather seats in your next car.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.