Skip to comments.Gallup: Obama job approval surges (swings 10 pts. in 2 weeks; bad news for thinking Americans)
Posted on 12/26/2011 1:51:13 PM PST by Recovering_Democrat
click here to read article
Anyone that believes that any candidate the Republicans nominate will beat Obama is going to be extremely disappointed.””
Actually, I have a very different outlook—I think NO Candidate will beat obama. The old media, unions, homowood, and the parasite crowd will take this election for him no matter who the opponent is.
Akin to the job outlook and the economy are on the rebound.
The class envy sentiment is not a recent trend, it’s an ongoing, long standing but relatively unchanging trend. The recent trend is a spike in mainstream Americans’ desire to bring back common sense conservatism, in reaction to the nonsense of extreme liberalism.
O’Donnell and Angle were highly competitive as a direct result of this recent trend.
Misleading polls supplemented by voter fraud are bread and butter for the democrat party.
Right now, the democrat strategy is to talk up Obama and put out fake polls making him look good.
Their chief aim is to discourage conservatives.
Try talking to liberals who voted for Obama. There is a landslide of disappointment in Obama.
Always downplayed by both parties and the media is the actual number of voters who are of a Conservative ideology. If an opposition candidate (to Obama) can be successful in turning out these voters, Obama would go down in flames. But to accomplish such a turn out, these voters require a candidate they want to support. The concept of ABO (anybody but Obama) most likely won't work, and I strongly believe the Republican Party establishment feels the same. Seemingly, they would rather see four more years of Obama than see a Conservative elected.
Have to believe at some point the plurality of (Conservative) voters will draw a line in the sand towards a faux two party system, and take a different path. A Romney nomination (or the belief that Romney has the nomination locked up) would likely bring us to that point.
Since Obama has taken no actions to improve his poll numbers, I have to believe the reason behind this surge (if accurate) is more a reflection of what the opposition party is offering as candidates.
Well, let’s see, a person who doesn’t have the best record for keeping his cool under pressure (Newt Gingrich) and a person who is a mixture of cultist and a businessman, which gives reason for individuals of both right and left to dislike him. (Mitt Romney) So frankly, Obama wouldn’t seem to have much fear in either case. He simply knows that one candidate is in a sandwich of disapproval, and the other he can throw whatever rhetorical returns or get him to boil over so that the left, and a good portion of the independents, will still vote for him.
Either way, I’ve made up my mind to start taking a look at Congress, because changing a few seats is important, whether or not the White House is won Obama or an opponent of his.
Exactly, that’s what the focus should be on, as far as POTUS goes, it’s over, so the best we can do is make sure we have gridlock for his second term.
It’s especially true when one considers how a huge portion of the retailers hiring is solely for the season, once the Christmas season is done, plenty of people will leave the workforce once again.
Ignoring polls supplemented by wishful thinking are bread and butter for us.
When was the last headline you saw touting the change in U6 unemployment? Sure, you can find the figure and you can see that unemployment is close to what it was during the great depression, but the government and the MSM know most people won't do this so they print U3 which gets smaller as more and more people lose their unemployment benefits even though there are not more jobs. Pure propaganda.
When was the last time you saw a headline touting the real inflation rate, you know including the things that make up a large part of most peoples budget, like food and gasoline? Again, you can find the figure if you search enough, but the government feels secure that the MSM will print their silly distorted figures and that most people will accept them. Pure propaganda.
Like the MSM, the government is working against us, not for us.
We had 8 years to make the U6 number more prominent in BLS reports when Republicans ran the executive.
I also don't blame the MSM for using that number when it furthers their goal. And our pundits and pols merely grants them the premise by arguing about whether the 9% or 8% level is bad...not whether 16% is bad.
That comment was directed at congressional Republicans who in a number of ways lost ground in this year 2011 they had partial power. It is their poor showing against Obama this year that is feeding these polls, in this case this recent standoff failure by Republicans.
It's a two month bill which means the fight resumes in less than two months, less than a year from the election. Hopefully they will make some changes in strategy and work together to make Obama look bad in 2012 better than they did 2011.
Make no mistake, I think the government is corrupt, including Republicans. I believe the Democrat plant, Crybaby Boehner, is as destructive to our Country as Obama.
This is all a ploy by the left wing Media and the Democrats to get Romney as their candidate!
My concern is that even Freepers unwittingly cling to the lies that come out of DC....so attrition looks like the only solution!
We ought to only be talking about the 15%-16% numbers....yet we talk about the Gallup polls based on the 8% lies.
If I have my info correct Boehner was one of the guys that cut Newt’s throat and helped push Newt out of Congress. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see Newt as POTUSA and payback time. McConnell needs to go too.
Whoa buddy! What’s your problem? Why are you attacking cheap bourbon now? =)
He’s buying a lot of votes with our money. But hopefully not enough.
*Sigh* Once again, we have a bunch of Freepers on here who overreact to a single snapshot poll and are not seeing the forest for the trees. As a result, the doom-and-gloomers and hand-wringers are back out in force wailing and gnashing their teeth about how “unbeatable” Obama supposedly is. So allow me to once again try to put things in proper perspective...
1) The approval rating in this Gallup poll is 47%. That’s only 47 FRICKIN’ PERCENT, PEOPLE! Is it a way higher number than Obama deserves? Of course! But if you’re Obama, is a 47% job approval anything to jump up and down about just ten months going into next November’s election? I DON’T THINK SO! Think about it, would you be boiling over with excitement if your favorite conservative candidate was going into a re-election year polling at 47%? If not, then why are you so quick to think Obama has re-election in the bag??? The truth is, he’s been NOTHING BUT UNPOPULAR for almost the entire first three years of his presidency and this latest Gallup job approval number is still nothing to write home about! It’s only ONE poll consisting of ONE rolling three day sample, for crying out loud!
2) Jimmy Carter had a *56%* job approval in Gallup at this point in his presidency prior to his bid for re-election in 1980. That’s right... The disasterous JIMMY FREAKIN’ CARTER was at 56%!
3) According to the latest Real Clear Politics polling average, a paltry 25% of the American people think the U.S. is moving in the right direction (Rasmussen has the number at only 22%). Meanwhile, 70% think the country is moving in the WRONG direction. That’s HARDLY a vote of confidence for a sitting president!
4) THE ECONOMY STILL STINKS AND IS NOT IMPROVING. Do NOT fall for the media’s B.S. spin that things are getting better. Just ask the 14 million Americans who are still UNEMPLOYED... Or the additional 12 million folks who are UNDEREMPLOYED and involuntarily stuck working part-time jobs... Or how about the 46 MILLION Americans currently living on food stamps... And the still astronomically high gas prices, which are up 80% since Bush left office... Or the continued rise in home foreclosures... Or the $15 TRILLION in national debt, an increase of 43% since Bush left office... I could literally go on and on.
5) The November 2010 elections WERE NOT THAT LONG AGO! Does anyone recall what happened then? Does anyone really see any evidence whatsoever that the American public is chomping at the bit to go back and support Obama and the Dems in 2012? I don’t!!
6) Oh, and today’s Gallup survey was released about an hour ago... Obama’s job approval number has dropped down to 46% and his disapproval number has risen to 48% for a -2 index. There. That insurmountable surge in popularity didn’t last long, did it? And guess what? I can assure you Obama will make voters irate again now that he’s back from vacation and will start campaigning full steam ahead in favor of his Marxist agenda. Oh, and just today the SOB has requested another $1.2 TRILLION debt ceiling increase from Congress. Yeah, I’m sure that’ll really sit well with the American people and convince them to vote for Obama again in 2012. </sarc>
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. OBAMA WILL BE A ONE-TERM PRESIDENT. There are MANY things going in our favor, so can we at least make an effort to start cutting back a little on the needless defeatist thinking? Hey, if fear is what it takes to keep you people motivated to vote Obama out in 2012, then do what you have to do. But please, some of you really need to stop inadvertently trying to depress your fellow more optimistic conservatives here on Free Republic with negative posts that are rooted in nothing more than knee-jerk reactions that fall prey to all the White House and media B.S.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.