Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

State Bar of Nevada Probes 3 Lawyers Who Helped Righthaven Pursue Copyright Claims
American Bar Association ^ | Jan 13, 2012 | Martha Neil

Posted on 01/14/2012 4:03:07 PM PST by george76

The State Bar of Nevada is investigating the CEO of Righthaven, a company known for its prolific filing of copyright lawsuits against bloggers who allegedly infringed by reposting newspaper content, as well as two lawyers who worked there.

...

a federal judge in Las Vegas has fined Righthaven $5,000 and rebuked the company for “inaccurate and likely dishonest” statements in court filings, the article continues. The judge also suggested that the company could have been involved in unauthorized practice of law.

(Excerpt) Read more at abajournal.com ...


TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; News/Current Events; US: Nevada
KEYWORDS: dbm; nevada; righthaven

1 posted on 01/14/2012 4:03:14 PM PST by george76
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: george76

State of Nevada probes 3 lawyers with a bar.


2 posted on 01/14/2012 4:12:47 PM PST by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: george76

Smite those douche bags, righteously.


3 posted on 01/14/2012 4:13:30 PM PST by Paladin2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: george76
Just more Sleazy Fking attys. (Righthaven) just proves that 90% of lawyers give the other 10% a bad name/s
4 posted on 01/14/2012 4:17:16 PM PST by mongo141
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: george76

Maybe they’ll give them a bottle of water and make them walk to Utah.


5 posted on 01/14/2012 4:17:48 PM PST by vetvetdoug
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Jim Robinson; onyx

Ping


6 posted on 01/14/2012 4:19:35 PM PST by greyfoxx39 (When GOP wants to guarantee a loss, they pick from MA: Dukakis, Kerry and now Romney.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: vetvetdoug

I like what Bond did to the villain in QUantum of Solace. He gave him a quart of oil for the trip.


7 posted on 01/14/2012 4:20:52 PM PST by moehoward
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: bigheadfred

LOL


8 posted on 01/14/2012 4:24:12 PM PST by cripplecreek (Stand with courage or shut up and do as you're told.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: george76

Heh heh heh. Flippin’ lawyers using the judicial system to get rich. Put their greedy asses in jail.


9 posted on 01/14/2012 4:27:25 PM PST by FlingWingFlyer ("Climate Change" my a.... All weather is local.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: george76

Wow, it hardly gets better than this! Even better if criminal charges can be found.


10 posted on 01/14/2012 4:32:50 PM PST by bigbob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: greyfoxx39; Jim Robinson

Thanks very much.

I was just reading this.

Detriot based lawfirm with Las Vegas offices.

Seems to spell: MOB?


11 posted on 01/14/2012 4:45:39 PM PST by onyx (PLEASE SUPPORT FREE REPUBLIC - DONATE MONTHLY! If you want on Sarah Palin's Ping List, let me know!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: bigheadfred

>> State of Nevada probes 3 lawyers with a bar.

If it proves effective, can we do all the rest of them too?

Can we heat the bar red-hot in an open flame before we probe them?


12 posted on 01/14/2012 5:10:37 PM PST by Nervous Tick (Trust in God, but row away from the rocks!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick

oh absolutely


13 posted on 01/14/2012 5:14:17 PM PST by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: Nervous Tick
ahhh reminiscent of the end that came to an English King. (or was he a queen?)
14 posted on 01/14/2012 5:18:17 PM PST by Texas Fossil (Government, even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: mongo141
(Righthaven) just proves that 90% of lawyers give the other 10% a bad name/s

And you're being generous at that.

15 posted on 01/14/2012 5:20:30 PM PST by BfloGuy (The final outcome of the credit expansion is general impoverishment.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: bigheadfred
State of Nevada probes 3 lawyers with a bar.

In Nevada, anything of importance involves a bar.

16 posted on 01/14/2012 5:26:55 PM PST by ApplegateRanch (I prefer Crony Capitalism to Crony Judicialism...unless it's MY crony on the bench)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: ApplegateRanch; Nervous Tick
In Nevada, anything of importance involves a bar.

Prolly have a bunch of red hot bars just sitting there waiting for us.

17 posted on 01/14/2012 5:35:47 PM PST by bigheadfred
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: george76

I am thrilled to see this. When I read about this all happening here at FR and at a FRiend’s website, I said eventually they would be dismissed and prohibited from working as lawyers. It doesn’t surprise me at all... It just surprises me that it didn’t take longer to hear of an investigation.

Their audacity and contempt for the law doesn’t really surprise me - the lead guy used to work as a lawyer with Michelle (Robinson) Obama back in Chicago (same firm, same department). I don’t think anyone knows why Michelle Obama forfeited her law license - it wouldn’t surprise me if he might have gotten away with something in the past in relation to that.

Anyway, I hope they make all of these people surrender their licenses (preferably irrevocably).


18 posted on 01/14/2012 6:12:28 PM PST by LibertyRocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: DaveLoneRanger

PING - Don’t know if you had heard of this yet, or not...


19 posted on 01/14/2012 6:15:59 PM PST by LibertyRocks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: george76; jimrob

Didn’t these dirtbags go after JimRob?


20 posted on 01/14/2012 7:03:56 PM PST by Mr. K (Physically unable to profreed <--- oops, see?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: george76

Ping.


21 posted on 01/14/2012 7:26:41 PM PST by MrEdd (Heck? Geewhiz Cripes, thats the place where people who don't believe in Gosh think they aint going.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: MrEdd; abb

ping


22 posted on 01/14/2012 7:28:04 PM PST by MrEdd (Heck? Geewhiz Cripes, thats the place where people who don't believe in Gosh think they aint going.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

To: Mr. K; Jim Robinson
Didn’t these dirtbags go after JimRob?

ayup those dirtbags did.

23 posted on 01/14/2012 8:11:59 PM PST by HiTech RedNeck (Sometimes progressives find their scripture in the penumbra of sacred bathroom stall writings (Tzar))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

To: LibertyRocks

I did! Thanks for the ping though!


24 posted on 01/14/2012 10:05:13 PM PST by DaveLoneRanger (Decriminalize concealed carry on campus! Facebook.com/ConcealedCampus)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...

Joke alert: “Three lawyers walk into a prison...”

;’)

Thanks george76.


25 posted on 01/16/2012 6:50:53 AM PST by SunkenCiv (FReep this FReepathon!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: SunkenCiv
Bump for Righthaven's just desserts.

First, kill all the lawyers...
26 posted on 01/16/2012 8:29:45 AM PST by TheOldLady (FReepmail me to get ON or OFF the ZOT LIGHTNING ping list)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: TheOldLady

you do realize lawyers were on the side that brought righthaven down?

Odd that this is being pursued in righthave but all the fraud documents put out by forclosure firm lawyers are getting a free pass.


27 posted on 01/16/2012 8:35:54 AM PST by longtermmemmory (VOTE! http://www.senate.gov and http://www.house.gov)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

To: longtermmemmory

Just a little exaggeration. After all, there must be some good lawyers, those on FR for example.


28 posted on 01/16/2012 10:53:08 AM PST by TheOldLady (FReepmail me to get ON or OFF the ZOT LIGHTNING ping list)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

To: basil

Ping: Another article about the scum from RightHaven....


29 posted on 01/16/2012 11:38:42 AM PST by 2nd amendment mama ( www.2asisters.org | Self defense is a basic human right!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: 2nd amendment mama

Hope it goes somewhere. I want to see striped suits and bars!


30 posted on 01/16/2012 11:51:40 AM PST by basil (It's time to rid the country of "gun free zones" aka "Killing Fields")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson