America is finished kids.
I will contend conservatives are finished as a principled philosophy. This whole clip / interview from the anti-immigrant language to another shot as someones wealth and finances is straight out of leftist language. Yet many here will gyrate themselves into accepting this as mainstream conservative positions.
Enforcing our immigration laws is bedrock conservatism for me. Fail on illegal immigration and you fail.
Your tagline is indeed very important. It’s something I try to keep in mind when I make my political decisions.
I have a core set of values. People may not agree with them, but they made sense to me, and I adopted them. To sell out those values, and support someone who doesn’t agree with them, is impossible for me.
Illegal immigration is something I have been against since before Reagan granted his amnesty. I opposed letting 1 million stay (when I thought it was only 1 million), and I haven’t changed my mind today, when it’s between 20 and 35 million.
The best interests of our nation are not served by allowing a large body of illegal immigrants to stay here. The provision of a legal document does not cure the ills that come with illegal immigration.
1. broken laws
2. occupation of regions of our nation
3. the break down of law and order
4. the lack of responsibility for folks who can run to Mexico rather tan face the music here when they break the law
5. the bankrupting of our health care institution
6. the bankrupting of our education systems
7. strain on government services, food stamps, welfare, housing, monetary subsidies
8. the drain on the middle class, as it is forced to pay taxes and fees to support poor people, who take take take, then work under the table for income in addition to that
9. the corruption of our legal process, as first one party then the other pander to illegals to get their votes (why does a Republican candidate make appearances on Univision to explain his immigration policies) (why is it more important to pander to between 20 and 35 million illegals who supposedly can’t vote, than to pander to around 200 million legal citizen who can)
10. corruption of the legal process in the United States (since when do we issue a fix to illegality, prior to the penalty for the crime being served/paid) (why are we not enforcing our laws rather than creating fixes to reward the perps)
On top of these problems, the McCain/Kennedy bill in 2007, set up a very generous work visa program, that would have allowed two million Mexican nationals to enter the United States legally each year. Anotherwords, it would have made the flow of two million Mexican nationals into the United States each year, legal.
My biggest fear is that Newt would adopt that rotting excuse for reasoned legislation. So far his plan sounds just like it.
Folks, people here on work visa permits, can start the process for citizenship after six years here. How many of those two million legal entries per year would ever go home?
Do we want to adopt a plan that allows massive numbers of Mexican nationals to swamp our nation, while the immigration quotas from Northern Europe and the rest of the planet remain constant?
Where is the equity in that? Is that moral? Isn’t it actually racist at the end of the day?
I am a Citizen of the United States. I am a law and order Conservative. My first concern is how immigration impacts our nation, and whether that immigration makes us stronger or weaker.
If certain aspects tend to be destructive, then I have to stand up and be counted as disagreeing with them.
We are to the point, that all immigration should be stopped for twenty years or so, so that the people who are here can be assimilated. The immigration from terrorist states must end. We must seriously tackle the issue of bodies of people who have been taught in their institutions that the United States is evil, or that infidels deserve to die.
We have seen all the warning signs we need to see, and yet we’re barreling through them at maximum warp drive.
This insanity must end, or as a people we will. We’re down to one candle folks. It’s flickering. What’s it going to be?