Skip to comments.Explosion, Fire in Chandler Neighborhood (Arizona)
Posted on 01/29/2012 10:46:30 PM PST by Jeff Chandler
A house in my neighborhood just blew up . The house next door to it caught on fire and is probably gone. The fire department has things under control.
Your Fire Department just received an award, they have never lost a lot.
Natural gas, dope or attack?
Were any Obama birth records being stored there? Just say’n.
Next street over?
Let’s hope there aren’t some guys somewhere saying “FIFTH STREET!!!????. I thought it was Fourth Street!”
These are all electric homes.
Within hours the mayor, backed by a group of city council members, the fire chief, police chief will be giving a news conference, all taking turns at the microphone, congratulating each other on a job well done and for responding so quickly.
Wonder if it was about this:
The fire dept was there very quickly, but the house was gone immediately. It exploded.
I’m glad you are okay and I pray no one got hurt. I sure this is shocking to you and the neighbors. I said a prayer for you guys.
Glad you’re okay! Meth house?
Oxygen patient maybe? Some folks just don’t understand not too smoke or have open flame around when using it.
Let us know how things are. A lot of people have been setting their homes on fire rather than go through short sales or foreclosures. No the brightest scheme as it often leads to prison.
I hope no one was hurt.
There was a car accident at the end of my street last night. Three people hurt, but nothing serious. Both cars are totaled. Breaking News?
Where abouts? Lived there for a long time, hoping to get back this year for good!
You’re correct in many ways and it’s not going to get better with the newer construction materials. I attended a seminar over the weekend that included a discussion of a recent UL test. With the new floor trusses, wood beams using OSB and 2x4s, and other man-made wood products, floors collapse a lot faster than in the older homes. With the newer construction, a floor can collapse in 18 minutes from the start of the fire. In the past you had around an hour. Not anymore.
Fires are more deadly with the fuel load created by petroleum based products. Fabrics on furniture and the furniture itself burns faster meaning flashover which ignites the contents of the entire room happens much sooner.
Without an air pack the levels of carbon monoxide and cyanide from the burning plastics and similar products, even carpets, will kill you in your tracks.
It’s now been reported. When/if you find out what caused it, could you please ping me? Thank you!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.