Skip to comments.Tennessee State Sen. Stacey Campfield refused service at Knoxville restaurant
Posted on 01/30/2012 6:12:15 AM PST by HogsBreath
Tennessee State Sen. Stacey Campfield is on the Hallerin Hilton Hill radio show this morning. Closely associated with the so-called "Don't say gay", Campfield said he was denied service at the Bistro at the Bijou Theater, 807 South Gay Street, Knoxville, TN 37902-1711--phone 865-544-0537. Without giving a name, he said a woman came out of the back as said 'You are a homophobe. I am not serving you'.
I stay away from any place with the name “Bistro” in the name. All you get is a tiny piece of artsy looking food in 1/2 cup portion sizes for $40.00 -60.00 and you have to stop at the McDonald’s drive thru on the way home.
Yes, it isn't like the '70 out there any more.
I spent a lot of time educating people who didn't ride that the leathers were perhaps the most important protective clothing I wore (along with good goggles), not just a 'fashion statement'.
Comparing the abrasion resistance of leather (good for over 80 ft. of slide) with denim (good for maybe 4 ft. of slide) was an eye-opener for them.
It should be noted that the “gay community” is in many ways “heterophobic”, and has adopted many cult-like attributes.
1) Their sexuality is *the* most important part of their lives.
2) An “us vs. them” attitude.
3) Unless they are a part of the “community”, non-homosexual friends and family must be shunned.
4) All physical and psychological problems are caused by rejection of their sexuality, including their own congenital problems.
5) Criminality and dangerous aberration should be excused or concealed from outsiders.
6) Abuses of one homosexual to another are all personal issues.
7) A continual effort must be made in entertainment to depict homosexuals in a positive light, with their behavior accepted as ordinary.
8) Children must be indoctrinated in school to see homosexuals as a victim class, whose behavior is endorsed.
9) Since the public rejects the homosexual legal agenda, it must be created by focusing on state legislatures, judges, corporations, and organizations either opposed to or *neutral* to that agenda.
There is also the “unwritten rule” kept by both homosexuals and the public at large, that while pedophilia is officially discouraged by both, there is a strong effort to sexualize the young by both heterosexuals and homosexuals.
“If he is a homophobe what is he doing at the Bijou Theater on gay street.”
Perhaps he had a dinner date with Ted Haggard.
>>Being denied service beats have some dyke spit in your dinner every day of the week in my book.<<
Your post needs to be repeated.
Seriously, we have all but stopped eating at restaurants because of this. One has no clue of what goes on in the kitchens. Living in the Detroit area and seeing the population of “yuts” manning the grill, gives me pause.
Now if we go out, we frequent those places where I know the staff, know the kitchen help and tip generously. Lots of nice Chaldean restaurants in our area. Good people, nice Catholics and some even belong to our parish.
I’ll skip the over priced “bistro” and hit “Cozy Cafe” anytime.
He mentioned it in passing. The host brought the subject up again after a break.
Absolutely! Just another ubiquitous example of the left accusing others of behavior they themselves partake in happily.
Part of it, of course is their being blinded by hatred, part is the awe inspiring power of projection they possess.
I totally agree with that stance. I just wish it worked both ways. Instead we see homosexuals suing private businesses for not wanting to be party to advancing their agenda, like the cupcake business recently. They didn’t even refuse to serve the homosexuals, they just didn’t want to make cupcakes with references supporting their agenda, and the sodomites had a fit. It’s not enough to “tolerate” their presence in society, they demand active support or keep your mouth shut.
This is what we want: Freedom of Conscience and private property rights.
Now we just need to get this for Christians and not just secular bigots.
They’re trying in New Hampshire!
NH Bill Would Allow Service Refusal To Gay Couples
A man named Stacey?