Skip to comments.Gilded Age: First Lady Takes Taxpayer Funded Vacation No. 16
Posted on 02/20/2012 2:39:48 PM PST by blam
Gilded Age: First Lady Takes Taxpayer Funded Vacation No. 16
February 20th, 2012
No country can be well governed unless its citizens as a body keep religiously before their minds that they are the guardians of the law, and that the law officers are only the machinery for its execution, nothing more.
Mark Twain The Gilded Age (1874)
Life is good when youre not an average tax-paying, slave-laboring prole in America:
Via the Washington Examiner
"First lady Michelle Obamas weekend jaunt to Aspen, Colorado for a Presidents Day ski holiday with her daughters Sasha and Malia makes the 16th time members of the first family have gone on extended vacations during their three years in office."
The Obama Vacation List
* Presidents Day 2012, Michelle and the first daughters in Aspen, Colorado to ski.
* Christmas 2011, the first family in Hawaii for an extended vacation.
* Summer 2011, in Marthas Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.
* June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters traveled to South Africa and Botswana.
* Presidents Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.
* Christmas 2010, in Hawaii.
* August 2010, the first family traveled to Panama City Beach, Fla., for some sun and fun at the beach.
* August 2010, Obama spent the weekend alone in Chicago for his 49th birthday bash.
* August 2010, the first lady and daughter Sasha traveled to Spain for a mother-daughter vacation.
* August 2010, summer vacation again at Marthas Vineyard.
* July 2010, the first family went to Mount Desert Island, Maine.
* May 2010, the first family had a four-day trip to Chicago.
* March 2010, first lady and daughter spend Spring Break in New York City.
* Christmas 2009, Hawaii again for the annual break.
* August 2009, at Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon for a short vacation.
* August 2009, their first summer vacation as first family at Marthas Vineyard, Mass.
Millions are out of work, tens of millions more are living in poverty and struggling to feed themselves, the government is printing trillions of dollars to stay afloat, yet our First Lady has determined that it is prudent to take a vacation, on average, once every two and a half months at taxpayer expense.
The day I took office, one of my commitments to the people was that we would do a better job here in Washington in rooting out wasteful spending at a time when families have cut back and have had to make some tough decisions
-President Barack Obama
It is disrespectful to address her any other way.
Anybody else remember how CBS, in particular, slammed Bush for his trips to Crawford? He was the always the “on vacation” president. Granted CBS WAS the network that used forged documents to try and get Kerry elected.
The atitude of the media has kinda changed. Obama can do no wrong...his wife is entitled, and the King himself gets to play as much golf as he wants...and nary a word.
Funny, ain’t it?
I noticed her fanny has shrunk dramatically for campaign season. I assume we ante’d up for the lipo too.
The Obamas are nothing but Chicago grifters, but they’ve pulled off one hell of a sting.
“Let them eat cake”
...it's back to Chi-Town come January 2013!
Check out The Obama Clarifier Blog for more outrages of the O administration. http://obamaclarifier.blogspot.com/
Been years since I’ve” tuned in to:
Notice how they refer to “her daughters Sasha and Malia.”
I suggest Web Hubbell is the actual father.
Civil Union Ping.
Ole Webb was bangin’ MooseChelle too?
Aren’t you confusing your Dem families?
Oh I remember it very well.
They even had video clips of Dubya lugging cut brush from his yard all the while yelping like hyenas that Dubya was taking yet another “vacation”.
All we can hope is that Americans see this constant vacationing in November. It’s not that the President, or his family, don’t have a right to vacation. It’s the constant hypocrisy that grates.
I’ll give her a pass on the trip to South Africa and Botswana. That was, at least, an “Official First Lady” type trip to tout the administration line and act as goodwill ambassador. True, it was funded by taxpayer money, too, but it was not out of line with past First Lady endeavors.
As for the rest...the skiing trip vacations, in particular, rate a major ugh. I’m not saying skiing is necessarily an exclusive sport for the wealthy, but two weeks in Vail doesn’t come cheaply, even without Secret Service protection. Very hypocritical for an administration constantly harping about shared sacrifice and whatnot.
Also, 48 million are on food stamps in this country (many of them illegals). That's approximately 1 out 7 people. Meanwhile Moochelle is maxing out the mooch factor with a long weekend in Aspen after returning only a few weeks ago from an extended Xmas vacation in Hawaii.