Skip to comments.HHS and the NRA
Posted on 02/25/2012 8:45:54 PM PST by lightman
I have a new idea that may help Conservatives get over the whole HHS thing. Here it is:
1. The Second Amendment gives me the right to bear arms.
2. Defenders of the HHS ruling argue that for me to have a right, my employer must pay for me to exercise that right.
3. They claim that refusal to fund the exercise of a right is the same as denying that right.
4. Therefore, the only way for me to exercise my right to bear arms is for the government to require my employer to purchase guns for me.
5. The NRA and the Republican Party should push for a bill that would require all employers to purchase guns for their employees.
6. Religious organizations, like the ELCA, should be required to purchase guns for their employees whether or not they believe it it right to do so.
7. After all, an individual who has religious objections to gun ownership doesn't have to buy them. Hence, religious freedom is not infringed upon.
The 2nd Amemndment does no such thing (give the right to bear arms). It acknowledges the individual right that pre-exists laws and governments. That is a VERY important distinction.
I have been saying the same thing since Reid and Polosi passed this piece of crap. Just a little different. Since the gov can now force us to purchase something against our will the Rep’s should write a law that mandates gun onership the “Citizen Protection Act of 2012.” Every non fellon aduly over 18 purchase and carry on their person at all times a loaded gun everywhere they go if they do not would result in fines and jail time. They must take all of the safety classes and spend at least 2 hours monthly at a shooting range. Schools must teach gun safety from the age of 12 and teach the children how to properly handle, dis-assemble, clean and re-assemble a weapon, load and fire.
I demand my P90 and a box of condoms!
It’s my right!!
Hey I like this. they should also pay for my newspapers,magazines, books and cable. and . . . and . . . and . . ,
Kind of goes with Rush’s $65 minimum wage bit.