Skip to comments.NOW President: Bishops Want 'Police Power of State to Prevent Women from Taking Birth Control'
Posted on 03/01/2012 4:03:23 PM PST by Nachum
Roman Catholic bishops and other religious leaders have failed to keep women from using birth control and now want the "police power of the state" to stop women from doing so, National Organization for Women President Terry ONeill said Thursday at a gathering of feminist activists. The bishops have not been able to convince Catholic women to not take birth control, ONeill said. We know this because 98 percent of sexually active [Catholic] women take birth control at some point in their lives--just like 98 percent of sexually active non-Catholic
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
This is pure bull Harkin. I HATE these people. They think the American people are so stoopid. I hope they are not.
Only you people telling the lie are going to believe it this time, Sweetie.
NOW's claim is patently absurd, but this path is clearly the Dem strategy to keep control of the White House. Obama is an abysmal failure in all respects, so they provoked a social issues confrontation in order to lie about that confrontation. They are willing to directly and shockingly violate the First Amendment in order to lie about our response and create a campaign issue. Democrats disgust me.
possibly good. It could change the minds of some democrat voting Catholics.
Unfortunately, you are probably wrong on this. The Dem base will believe it. The ones who were so disillusioned by Obama's massive incompetence in every area of his responsibility that they would otherwise have stayed home will now have a reason that they "have to vote", even though they will still see Obama as an abject failure.
Wake up America! Albino Assassin Monks are coming for your PILLS!!
Us bitter clingers need to understand that the police power of the state is a monopoly of the Left and will not be shared with any old religious nuts.
Every election, the game is for them to scare their voters that the evil republicans will take away X from them, even though they were the ones who took it away in the first place. Everything, every election, is held hostage.
NATIONAL ORGANIZATION of WACKOS
Good grief. The over the top hyperbole out of the left knows no bounds.
Simple logic...does the state before Obama prev ent you from using birth control???no it did not....so no law by obama iis needed to provide birth control
Typical lefty logic. I don’t like sushi. Therefore I want to make it illegal, poison the oceans to kill all the fish, and use radioactive waste from nuclear plants to kill all those Japanese guys who prepare sushi.
Point number one: the 98% figure is a lie. The basis for the 98% figure is a study by the Gutmacher Institute, whose validity as a piece of social scientific research I do not propose to dispute. That study, however, classed as “using contraception” (not “taking contraceptives”) all methods of birth control, including calendar and temperature based “rhythm” methods, a.k.a. “natural family planning”, which the Latin church approves as morally unobjectionable, barrier methods (condoms, diaphragms, . . .) to which the Latin church objects, but which are not usually termed “taking contraceptives”, and hormonal methods (”the pill”, implants, injections, hormone-laced IUD’s, . . .) which are usually termed “taking contraceptives”.
Point number two: if 98% have found a contraceptive technology they are able to use (and the other 2%, given the population from the the sample is drawn, may be presumed to be women who do not want to suppress their own fertility), why should any sane person regard the return to the status quo ante the Obama “mandate” as a restriction on access to contraception?
I suppose the operative word there is sane, and the speaker and her intended audience do not fall into that category.
I guess all 12 members of NOW loved hearing her bray.
I just realized that more abortions meand less people breathing there for less of the “pollutant” CO2 being exhaled by living people. Less CO2 means less global warming gas thus resulting in less global warming and perhaps increased global cooling. that is why NOW is so much for contraception, to reduce globalony warming! thus NOW is being good watermelon green.
It's like a murderer complaining that the guy he stabbed to death got his knife all bloody.
Exactly. That’s how the feminazis, the homonazis and their fellow travelers operate.
Oh Well! What’s new here?
The Democrats take on another BIG enemy. They have BIG Business, BIG oil, BIG pharma, BIG Insurance, and now we have BIG Religion.
Aren’t they nice? They care so much for the little people.