Skip to comments.Lawless Lesbianism
Posted on 03/06/2012 5:02:57 AM PST by Kaslin
Authors Note: Chancellor Miller and Senator Goolsby are fine public servants. Both are men of integrity. I hope that anyone wishing to contact their offices over this issue or any other, for that matter - will address them with the level of respect they deserve.
TO: Chancellor Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CC: Senator Goolsby (Thom.Goolsby@ncleg.net)
Gentlemen, I write to you today to report a failure on behalf of the LGBTQIA Office to comply with North Carolina Public Records Law. The law, which is specified in NCGS Section 132, is fairly simple and straightforward. The request for materials, which was submitted several months ago, is also straightforward.
Last summer, the LGBTQIA Office distributed a list of recommended churches for homosexuals. The list was brief. Some people were upset because the state spent money in order to recommend some churches and not recommend other churches. Others were upset because their churches were left off the list. Naturally, they wondered just how (and why) such a list was compiled by a government office.
In the aftermath of this controversy, a student submitted a public records request seeking all office correspondence, emails, and memoranda used to compile the list of preferred churches. His request was submitted months ago. The LGBTQIA Office has not responded. According, I am now intervening in the matter. Specifically, I write today to join the request. I expect timely compliance with the law. You may feel free to send the materials to my university office or to my home address.
It is unlikely that all of the approximately 750 churches in the area were given an equal opportunity to be included among the churches recommended by the LGBTQIA Office. The people have a right to know whether that office is itself discriminating in its state-sponsored war on discrimination. It is also essential that there be no further discrimination in the application of our public records laws.
The state simply has no right to treat some churches with favor and others with disfavor. Nor does it have a right to treat some public records requests with favor and others with disfavor. Laws by their very definition are not optional.
The present difficulties associated with the LGBTQIA Office are being compounded by questionable legal activity initiated by other offices. See the email I am attaching below. Unsurprisingly, it has been sent to all members of the faculty and staff by a woman who claims to be the wife of the woman who runs the LGBTQIA Office. The email clearly shows that university resources are being used to organize and defeat pending legislation. I believe that is illegal. I know it is immoral.
Even if you find the following email to be legal, you simply cannot defend its propriety. Opponents of the following email could not reasonably be expected to present the other side of the issue without violating one of the numerous speech codes or the universitys patently unconstitutional Seahawk Respect Compact.
Regrettably, all campus opposition to pro-gay speech is assumed to be homophobic. Additionally, homophobic speech has been classified as hate speech. And hate speech has been banned from campus. Consequently, only one side of an important religious issue is advanced with university resources. So the email raises the same issues raised by the gay-friendly church list. Here it is in unedited form:
From: Peel, Katie
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 9:58 AM
Subject: Vote Against Photoshoot TODAY!
Good morning, Colleagues -- I am forwarding this on behalf of undergraduate student Jordan Brackett, who has worked hard to bring this group to campus. Thank you for your consideration. -- Katie Peel
The Vote Against Project, an independent grassroots effort to create a portrait of North Carolina unity, is on campus TODAY, giving voters a creative space to share their opposition to the constitutional amendment on the May 8, 2012 ballot.
Join us from 10-4 in the Azalea Coast Room in the Fisher Union, and have your picture taken for equality! The photo shoot is FREE and open to ALL. "Vote Against" T-shirts will be provided for the shoot.
Check out our Facebook event HERE ! Join the group, make it your status, and spread the word. Let's make this the incredible event that it has the potential to be. Feel free to check out the website for more information HERE !
Here is a link to the Project's blog as well.http://voteagainst.tumblr.com/
Thank you, UNCW, for joining us in taking this important stand against discrimination.
Has UNCW officially joined the same-sex marriage movement? I hope not. Regardless, this is what we get for giving people government jobs simply because they have sex with people of the same sex. They simply cannot keep their personal lives out of their work because we have made it relevant. That bears repeating: We have made their sex lives relevant to the performance of their jobs.
Gentlemen, we are countless millions of dollars in debt. We can no longer afford to pay people to endorse churches, lobby for pending legislation, and talk about their sex lives in the workplace. These are not essential functions of government. They are symptoms of deep-seated confusion about our roles as public servants.
Thanks for the Mike Adams post, as usual, Kaslin. The amazing and brazen disregard for the open records law and the Constitution prohibition of religious establishment just floors me. In theory, those in leadership of an academic institution should have the capacity to understand these basic laws while acting accordingly. It seems that, as usual, reality and practice trump theory again.
This is hate speech too. Double plus ungood.
Unthink. Must unthink. Must make Mike Adams unthink.
This situation is, quite simply, insane.
Can't Mike Adams see how the Left is using these gambits to herd American Christians into accepting Islam in our midst by using words like these against us?
They actually have a class called “GAY & LESBIAN LIT”?!
Gay & Lesbian Lit (now ENG 290)
Name: Katie Peel
School: University of North Carolina Wilmington
Location: Wilmington, NC
Katie Peel, and Amy Schlag in their Leland home Tuesday, September 13, 2011. The couple would like to get married in North Carolina and is against the same sex marriage amendment that North Carolina voters will decide in May.
Dr. Peel interests include young adult and children’s literature, Victorian literature, GLBTQ literature and theory, Holocaust literature and Women’s studies.
Lesbianism sure ain’t like in the movies.
No, it sure isn’t! lol...
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Some 'churches' ignore them at their peril.
(Iff'n they wuz COUSINS; they could do it in Arkansas...)
Right here! Get yer porcine lipstick right here!
Yes; we DO have it by the case!
Come on in and take a seat.
No; not TWO like Amy!!
you didn't get the Newspeak reference?
Your post to me was meant for somebody else?
Oh, I got it all right; I was just bouncing off of the HATE SPEECH part.
I've got some references of my own:
Party ownership of the print media
made it easy to manipulate public opinion,
and the film and radio carried the process further.
16. Ministry Of Truth
The Ministry of Truth, Winston's place of work, contained, it was said, three thousand rooms above ground level, and corresponding ramifications below.
The Ministry of Truth concerned itself with Lies. Party ownership of the print media made it easy to manipulate public opinion, and the film and radio carried the process further.
The primary job of the Ministry of Truth was to supply the citizens of Oceania with newspapers, films, textbooks, telescreen programmes, plays, novels - with every conceivable kind of information, instruction, or entertainment, from a statue to a slogan, from a lyric poem to a biological treatise, and from a child's spelling-book to a Newspeak dictionary.
Winston worked in the RECORDS DEPARTMENT (a single branch of the Ministry of Truth) editing and writing for The Times. He dictated into a machine called a speakwrite. Winston would receive articles or news-items which for one reason or another it was thought necessary to alter, or, in Newspeak, rectify. If, for example, the Ministry of Plenty forecast a surplus, and in reality the result was grossly less, Winston's job was to change previous versions so the old version would agree with the new one. This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, sound-tracks, cartoons, photographs - to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance.
When his day's work started, Winston pulled the speakwrite towards him, blew the dust from its mouthpiece, and put on his spectacles. He dialed 'back numbers' on the telescreen and called for the appropriate issues of The Times, which slid out of the pneumatic tube after only a few minutes' delay. The messages he had received referred to articles or news-items which for one reason or another it was thought necessary to rectify.
In the walls of the cubicle there were three orifices. To the right of the speakwrite, a small pneumatic tube for written messages; to the left, a larger one for newspapers; and on the side wall, within easy reach of Winston's arm, a large oblong slit protected by a wire grating. This last was for the disposal of waste paper. Similar slits existed in thousands or tens of thousands throughout the building, not only in every room but at short intervals in every corridor. For some reason they were nicknamed memory holes. When one knew that any document was due for destruction, or even when one saw a scrap of waste paper lying about, it was an automatic action to lift the flap of the nearest memory hole and drop it in, whereupon it would be whirled away on a current of warm air to the enormous furnaces which were hidden somewhere in the recesses of the building.
As soon as Winston had dealt with each of the messages, he clipped his speakwritten corrections to the appropriate copy of The Times and pushed them into the pneumatic tube. Then, with a movement which was as nearly as possible unconscious, he crumpled up the original message and any notes that he himself had made, and dropped them into the memory hole to be devoured by the flames.
What happened in the unseen labyrinth to which the tubes led, he did not know in detail, but he did know in general terms. As soon as all the corrections which happened to be necessary in any particular number of The Times had been assembled and collated, that number would be reprinted, the original copy destroyed, and the corrected copy placed on the files in its stead.
In the cubicle next to him the little woman with sandy hair toiled day in day out, simply at tracking down and deleting from the Press the names of people who had been vaporized and were therefore considered never to have existed. And this hall, with its fifty workers or thereabouts, was only one-sub-section, a single cell, as it were, in the huge complexity of the Records Department. Beyond, above, below, were other swarms of workers engaged in an unimaginable multitude of jobs.
There were huge printing-shops and their sub editors, their typography experts, and their elaborately equipped studios for the faking of photographs. There was the tele-programmes section with its engineers, its producers and its teams of actors specially chosen for their skill in imitating voices; clerks whose job was simply to draw up lists of books and periodicals which were due for recall; vast repositories where the corrected documents were stored; and the hidden furnaces where the original copies were destroyed.
And somewhere or other, quite anonymous, there were the directing brains who co-ordinated the whole effort and laid down the lines of policy which made it necessary that this fragment of the past should be preserved, that one falsified, and the other rubbed out of existence.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.