If both men care more about their country, one of them should be willing to step aside and endorse the other one, in order to keep Romney from winning this thing.
At this point, 55-60% of the voters in most of the states, are not ready to accept Romney as their candidate. If neither one of these two candidates steps aside very soon, then the other 40% will beat the ‘split’ 60%, and give the nomination to Romney.
Yes; so Newt should announce his withdrawal tomorrow.
I agree. If one of these two doesn’t step aside VERY soon and we end up with Romney, then I hope they both become pariahs to the whole conservative movement until the end of their days.
I support Santorum as I believe he has a more consistent track record of conservatism and because I believe Gingrich is not very electable in the general. That’s not a slight and there a good number of people who believe just the opposite.
This plan represents the best alternative and really the only way they could POSSIBLY both stay in and not lose the whole d@mn thing to Romney.