I’ve been thinking about this story quite a bit because how unjust and strange it is. I think the police department holding his daughters for 13 hours adds more fuel to the fire that they are involved, also.
If this Marine was responsible and was not drinking and driving or on any mind-alterning meds I will theorize that
1) he saw something very bad going down on that property that was bad enough to force him to crash the gate, get out of his vehicle, and go investigate,
2) the event he witnessed involved one or more officers of this police department and/or civilian criminals,
3) those officer(s) and/or civilian criminals realized they had been discovered and one of them took care of the ‘problem’ while the others left the scene,
4) the cop who murdered this Marine has changed his story as to who he was protecting and who was in danger which is another sign that this particular officer was doing something more than likely unlawful to cover his own rear end,
5) the daughters were kidnapped by the police department and questioned over and over to determine if they also saw what they father witnessed which would indicate that corruption is within the whole police department.
I think this Marine saw something he wasn’t supposed to and he was executed for it. Internal affairs needs to do a very serious, under cover investigation.