Skip to comments.
Israel ex-spy chief urges caution on Iran strike [Agrees with Obama, smells like manipulation]
Posted on 03/09/2012 2:50:11 AM PST by SoFloFreeper
Israel's recently retired spy chief says more time and efforts are needed before considering a military strike on Iran.
Meir Dagan, who served as Mossad's head from 2002 to 2010, told CBS's 60 Minutes that he believes Tehran is being "rational" and "very careful" now, and is considering the consequences of continuing the country's controversial nuclear program.
Dagan also says world powers should assist opposition groups in Iran to foment regime change. He would not say if Israel supported protest groups against the regime in the past.
Mossad is thought to have played a role in the assassinations of Iranian nuclear scientists and computer viruses that disrupted Iranian research facilities.
(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...
TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; Israel; News/Current Events; War on Terror
KEYWORDS: iran; israel; meirdagan; mossad
Isn't it interesting this guy ALSO describes the Iranian government as "rational", the same word used by the Obama stooges here in America.
One would think 60 Minutes and Obama are working together to denigrate the elected Israeli government's position. But that is impossible, because Obama insists he has Israel's back. (off sarcasm)
Meir Dagan always was a US Democrat mouthpiece. *Always*.
posted on 03/09/2012 3:04:10 AM PST
(http://junipersec.wordpress.com (nobody gives me warheads anyway))
I’m a “retired” intelligence analyst. Why not ask me my opinion? LOL
posted on 03/09/2012 3:21:24 AM PST
(Ich habe keinen Fuhrer aber Gott.)
We were careful before....and then there was 9-11.
Never forget that we could have had Osama on a platter...but Bubba declined...
If Israel goes it alone and bombs Iran, they will be condemned by all of the nation states as the aggressors they are portrayed to be. (Lebanon,Syria, etc.)
This is exactly what Obama wants.
Israel will not act alone. They need the support of other nations and don't have it.
To: lucky american
Israel has never been alone, God has a special bond with Israel.
They are condemned now by many nations, many who would be more than happy to have a neutralized Iran.
Never again, will Israel allow its people to be decimated as they once were, Israel will strike on its own.
To: dennisw; Cachelot; Nix 2; veronica; Catspaw; knighthawk; Alouette; Optimist; weikel; Lent; GregB; ..
Middle East and terrorism, occasional political and Jewish issues Ping List. High Volume
If youd like to be on or off, please FR mail me.
posted on 03/09/2012 4:54:20 AM PST
(The Pilgrims Doing the jobs Native Americans wouldn't do !)
“They are condemned now by many nations, many who would be more than happy to have a neutralized Iran.”
I’ve wondered why a lot of these other countries, particularly European ones, haven’t offered to join in. Are they just waiting for us? Is it that they’re so Islamized already or are they afraid of Russia and China getting PO’ed?
Supposedly, most of the rest of the world doesn’t want to see a nuclear Iran, but they don’t offer to join together in the commitment to stop it. (Of course, our “dear leader” sets a piss-poor example.)
posted on 03/09/2012 3:53:32 PM PST
(Forget the "New America" - restore the original one!!)
To: AdmSmith; AnonymousConservative; Berosus; bigheadfred; Bockscar; ColdOne; Convert from ECUSA; ...
- Former Mossad Head Yatom: Israel Can't Afford Not to Strike Iran
- Barak: Dagan's comments on Iran hurt Israel's ability of deterrence
- Israel Won't Withstand War in Wake of Strike on Iran, ex-Mossad ...
- Head of Mossad Ousted
- Is Israel Arming in Saudi Arabia?
- Mossad: Israel becoming burden on US
- Gordon Thomas, Mossad expert, on Dubaigate
- The Dubai police chief's outlandish claims
- Dubai calls for Israeli PM's arrest
- Dubai police chief plans to seek Benjamin Netanyahu arrest: Al ...
- Dubai Seeks Netanyahu's Arrest Over Killing Of Hamas Man
- Dubai police chief says to seek Netanyahu arrest
- 'Arabs may have targeted Mabhouh'(Muhammadans killing their ...
- Report: Netanyahu Authorized Assassination Of Hamas Man
- Meir Dagan: the mastermind behind Mossad's secret war
- Hamas man arrested in Dubai killing
- Passport 'rage'
- Israeli Official Ridicules Dubai's Demand for Arrest of Mossad Chief
- Arrest Head of Mossad, Dubai Police Chief Says
- Interpol adds suspected Dubai assassins to most wanted list
- 'Dubai police chief 99% sure Israel behind Hamas killing' (two ...
- Israelis convinced: Mossad behind Dubai hit
- The Beautiful 'Assassin': 'Hit Squad With British Passports Accused ...
- Egyptian paper: Mossad chief is 'Israel's superman'
- Israel, Saudi Arabia, US, UK Join Forces As Iran Fires Nuclear Missiles
- Saudis Will Let Israel Bomb Iran Nuclear Site
- Saudis may let Israel hit Iran's nuke ops
- 'Saudis would agree to IAF flyovers'
- Saudis giving Israel a green light on Iran?
- Israel denies Saudis gave IDF airspace clearance for Iran strike
- Israel, Fighter Jets, Submarines, Satellites and Iran
- Saudis Would Allow Israel to Attack Iran
- Saudis give nod to Israeli raid on Iran
- Mossad head: Riots in Iran will die down
- The Assassination of Assad's Top Aide
- MI6 Chief Visits Mossad for Talks on Iran's Nuclear Threat
- Iran and Israel Poised for Possible Military Clash over Mughniyeh's ...
- The Day After--What Israel will have to do when the Mullahs get the ...
- Olmert to Syria: Cut Ties With Iran, Receive Golan
- Mossad predicts war-free ME
- 3 Arab states in gulf say would allow Israel to enter airspace to ...
- 'Only military action can stop Iran'
- Beware the Developing 'Islamic Reich'
- Netanayhu: Beware the Developing 'Islamic Reich'
- Impatient Mossad warns of 'monster in the making'
- Iran nears nuclear 'point of no return'
- Dagan: Egypt, Syria have nuclear programs, as well as Iran
- Mossad - The World's Most Efficient Killing Machine
- Mossad makes Al-Qaeda its top target
- Hamas blames Israel for killing top official in Damascus
- Arab state helping Mossad track Hamas
- Israel: "Iran to have nukes + IRMB's before Christmas 2004
- Iran's nuclear program "threatens existence of Israel": Mossad chief
- Report: Mossad warned Turkey about attacks on synagogues
- Following Kenya attacks: Mossad activates "sleeper" agents in ...
- New Mossad chief to reactivate hit squad
- Keyword: mossad
posted on 03/09/2012 6:43:53 PM PST
(I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him)
Heh. Also, as should be known, Mosad stopped being the Israeli primary gatherers and sneaky Petes after that problem in the Nordic AO some decades ago. Once a name becomes public, the Israelis shift to something new, keeping the old only as a cover/distraction. Israel is no more immune to dysfunctionals in positions of importance for political reasons than we are. There's often very good reasons behind someone becoming a former in such fields. I once dabbled in intel analyitics for a few years in my younger days, and that's my opinion, currently up to speed info wise or not lol. Could also be a bit o' the old misdirection. "We shouldn't do that.. oops, it's done."
posted on 03/09/2012 11:04:05 PM PST
(equivocation is but the first step along the road to capitulation)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson