Skip to comments.Santorum renews attack on JFK's speech on church and state (asks prayers for clear articulation)
Posted on 03/09/2012 6:20:57 AM PST by Cincinatus' Wife
click here to read article
Uh, he didn’t defend it because it was indefensible. and he amended the law because he got caught. Only problem with your logic is Sanctimonium presents himself as the “God called me to do this” candidate, and his supporters call him the principled moral conservative. Newt admits he’s a sinner. His supporters know he is a sinner. that’s the problem with Santorum, he is not who he says he is... and this is just a the tip of the iceberg of evidence. You santorum supporters have to start facing the reality of who he is before it’s too late and you damage this country irreparablly. Stop compromising and rationalizing.
Yes, Rick Perry, that is...;-)
At this point I am just an ABM (Anyone But Mittens)guy.
2 reasons Conservatives vote for Senator Santorum:
1. Dr. James Dobson’s endorsement
2. Hours of support from Rush and Mark Levin
Santorum has been very blessed to receive the support of these men.
Just a few of Newts written accomplishments, (santorums 2 books are at the very end, one he wrote for his campaign, the other a bio about himself):
Gingrich has authored or co-authored 18 non-fiction books since 1982.
* The Governments Role in Solving Societal Problems, Associated Faculty Press, Incorporated. January 1982 ISBN 978-0-86733-026-7
* Window of Opportunity. Tom Doherty Associates, December 1985. ISBN 978-0-312-93923-6
* Contract with America (co-editor). Times Books, December 1994. ISBN 978-0-8129-2586-9
* Restoring the Dream. Times Books, May 1995. ISBN 978-0-8129-2666-8
* Quotations from Speaker Newt. Workman Publishing Company, Inc., July 1995. ISBN 978-0-7611-0092-8
* To Renew America. Farrar Straus & Giroux, July 1996. ISBN 978-0-06-109539-9
* Lessons Learned The Hard Way. HarperCollins Publishers, May 1998 ISBN 978-0-06-019106-1
* Presidential Determination Regarding Certification of the Thirty-Two Major Illicit Narcotics Producing and Transit Countries. DIANE Publishing Company, September 1999. ISBN 978-0-7881-3186-8
* Saving Lives and Saving Money. Alexis de Tocqueville Institution, April 2003. ISBN 978-0-9705485-4-2
* Winning the Future. Regnery Publishing, January 2005. ISBN 978-0-89526-042-0
* Rediscovering God in America: Reflections on the Role of Faith in Our Nations History and Future, Integrity Publishers, October 2006. ISBN 978-1-59145-482-3
* The Art of Transformation, with Nancy Desmond. CHT Press, November 29, 2006, ISBN 978-1-933966-00-7
* A Contract with the Earth, with Terry L. Maple. Johns Hopkins University Press, October 1, 2007. ISBN 978-0-8018-8780-2
* Real Change: From the World That Fails to the World That Works, Regnery Publishing, January 2008. ISBN 978-1-59698-053-2
* Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less: A Handbook for Slashing Gas Prices and Solving Our Energy Crisis, with Vince Haley. Regnery Publishing, September 2008 ISBN 978-1-59698-576-6
* 5 Principles for a Successful Life: From Our Family to Yours, with Jackie Gingrich Cushman, Crown Publishing Group, May 2009 ISBN 978-0-307-46232-9
* To Save America: Stopping Obamas Secular-Socialist Machine, with Joe DeSantis. Regnery Publishing, May 2010 ISBN 978-1-59698-596-4
* A Nation Like No Other: Why American Exceptionalism Matters, Regnery Publishing, June 2011 ISBN 978-1-59698-271-0
Gingrich co-wrote the following alternate history novels and series of novels with William R. Forstchen.
* 1945 Baen Books, August 1995 ISBN 978-0-671-87739-2
Civil War Series
* Gettysburg: A Novel of the Civil War Thomas Dunne Books, June 2003 ISBN 978-0-312-30935-0
* Grant Comes East Thomas Dunne Books, June 2004 ISBN 978-0-312-30937-4
* Never Call Retreat: Lee and Grant: The Final Victory Thomas Dunne Books, June 2005 ISBN 978-0-312-34298-2
* The Battle of the Crater: A Novel Thomas Dunne Books, November 2011 ISBN 978-0-312-60710-4
Pacific War Series
* Pearl Harbor: A Novel of December 8th Thomas Dunne Books, May 2007 ISBN 978-0-312-36350-5
* Days of Infamy Thomas Dunne Books, April 2008 ISBN 978-0-312-36351-2
Revolutionary War Series
* To Try Mens Souls: A Novel of George Washington and the Fight for American Freedom, October 2009, ISBN 978-0-312-59106-9
* Valley Forge: George Washington and the Crucible of Victory, November 2010, ISBN 978-0-312-59107-6
* Nine Days that Changed the World, Gingrich Productions, April 2010
# Rick Santorum (2005). It Takes a Family: Conservatism and the Common Good. Intercollegiate Studies Institute. ISBN 1-932236-29-5.
# Rick Santorum (2005). Rick Santorum. Monument Press. ISBN 0-9769668-0-8.
* Rediscovering God in America: Reflections on the Role of Faith in Our Nations History and Future, by Newt Gingrich. Integrity Publishers, October 2006. ISBN 978-1-59145-482-3
Rick Santorum doesnt have a corner on the market in believing there is a place for faith in the public square. I am pretty sure what santorum knows wouldnt make a half-chapter in Newts book. WAKE UP SANTORUM SUPPORTERS! WAKE UP!!
Santorum: Im such a conservative
Romney: Im a severe conservative
Newt: Heres what were gonna do
Very well said!
“We are electing a president, not a priest.”
Many countries are filled with people of faith but they are “developing nations” because they don’t have what we do, a rule of law based on English common law. We are vetting candidates to be our presidential nominee and we want to focus on States Rights and local government; address a Federal government that has taken away our liberties; strengthen our national defense and repair our relationships with our allies, etc.
I believe it is time for Santorum to broaden his platform. He has made the electorate aware of his religious and moral underpinnings. By continuing to raise it, he is intentionally inviting the MSM to write about it. The electorate wants work, a strong economy, a safe country, and to live without fear of a government taking away our freedoms that are granted to all men in the Constitution.
Is he running for the office of the President or is he on a Crusade? Did he enter this primary to carry his message of faith and Life? Does he not see a path forward to the White House so has decided to parley his time on the stump into a sermon?
I will get back to you. In a meeting in 10, but will read it soon.
thanks. I wasn’t calling you out or anything, just really want to know what you think about it... I know you are pretty darn fair - on your good days :) Have a good one!
I heard the first Bishop Willard ad today in Mississippi. It was a series of attacks on Gingrich, which were classic Bishop Willard smears and deceptions. He did not waste ammunition on Santorum, or Obama. Fox handled the criticisms of Obama for him in the following new section.
Every political speech is a sermon, just as every law “imposes someone’s morality on someone else.” As for “people of faith”, there is only one faith that has led to self-consciously limited government and a free people - and it certainly wasn’t Mohammedanism, Hinduism, Shintoism, or Buddhism. Secularism, which is itself a “faith”, in its most malignant form leads to Pol Pot, Mao, and Stalin. In its more “benign” form it results in mass murder through abortion; economically it results in Greece, etc.
I simply hope that someone finds a way to derail Mittens.
Perry would have been the best canddidate. Too bad he didn’t take things as seriously as he should have at the beginning.
There you go again with the personal attacks. I do not see the Santorum supporters attacking Newt with nicknames and posting the same thing every thread. This Santorum supporter doesn’t. The nicknames assigned to him are ones mocking him because he is strong in his faith and his belief in traditional values. I would expect such nicknames over at DU, Daily Kos, or Huffington Post, but to see them here is so disheartening.
Rick Santorum has never claimed he was perfect, not once. He’s human, so of course he is a sinner, and I’m sure he’d tell you. I know who he is, and that is why I support him. He’s a good man, and you Gingrich supporters have to stop degrading a good man and his his supporters. Santorum is not the enemy here, nor is Newt. Perhaps you Newt supporters ought to put more effort into defeating Romney who is, at this point, most likely to win, instead of attacking the other conservative in the race.
this wasn’t a personal attack. Santorum was the one who stood on the stage when Stephanopolous asked all the holier-than-thou republican candidates if they thought marital fidelity was enough to keep a candidate out of the white house. Santorum assured everyone that he thought character mattered and should disqualify a man, and that he was a candidate of quality character, and voters and christians wouldn’t have to worry about any baggage in his past, he was the kind of moral person who Americans needed in the White House. And Newt, his mentor, the man who had praised him in earlier debates, who taught him and defended him, stood there and listened.
When Santorum does stuff like that, and tells his “followers” in colorado, “God called me to do this”, Santorum is setting the standards, and he needs to meet them or apologize, and don’t expect Newt’s supporters to give him a pass. He wants to live by the sword of self-righteousness, and write off a man for his past sins - so be it.
The nicknames aren’t because he has a strong faith - how do you know Newt doesn’t? How do you know I don’t? The nicknames are because he is sanctimonious and thinks America needs him to get them back on the pure and moral path. He put the rules in place, don’t cry, when he loses because of them. My remarks are directed at you, nothing was personal, they were directed at the pharisee, rick santorum. And my hope that somehow, someway, if it is said often enough, strongly enough, they will somehow open their eyes and see that he is just a politician, like they all are.
oops, my remarks aren’t directed at you, they’re directed at Santorum...
I for one am glad to see Santorum focusing in on issues that are going to have a serious effect on the outcome of the fall election.....mainline Protestantism and JFK’s 1960 speech.
Who cares if the country collapses economically.
Well, Santorum has said that, as far as he's concerned, mainline Protestantism today has disappeared from Christianity... I guess Rick will fix it.
The left is laughing at Rick (when they’re not organizing to cross over and vote for him in primaries). They’d love this election to be about anything other than Obama’s record on the economy.
Hey Jim and Tammy Fay Baker pulled it off for many years. As far as I am concerned, he is making Romney look better everyday to a lot of future voters. (I am Newt all the way, from Ohio and already voted). I am serious in asking this, has Santorum had a breakdown?
The bipartisan Workplace Religious Freedom Act (WRFA) was introduced in the United States Senate by Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pennsylvania) and Senator John Kerry (D-Massachusetts) on March 17, 2005, and in the House of Representatives by Representatives Mark Souder (R-IN), Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), Bobby Jindal (R-LA), and Anthony Weiner (D-NY). If passed, this legislation would require employers to make reasonable accommodation for an employee’s religious practice or observance, such as holy days (e.g. 7th-day Sabbath observances).
Other supporters of the bill include Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) and Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA).
This is exactly why we need separation of church and state. Here, “St Pious” Rick, along with his in bred breed of co-conspirators, which btw, includes CAIR, seeks to force US employers to accommodate all religious holidays, and sabbath days, for all it’s employees. This is not the business “St” Rick, nor “Rabbi” Wiener. Nor CAIR. The employment contract is between the employer, and the employee.
Rick Santorum supports govt interference into private lives, and private contracts. I don’t. Rick Santorum is for big brother govt, I am not.
Today, Obama is attempting to force employers, ie Catholic institutions, to provide contraceptives. On the other side of the coin, we have “St Pious” Rick attempting to force employers to accommodate employees for all their various holy days, and holidays.
Let’s see, muslims will need prayer mats, and paid break time for all calls to prayer. Then employers will have to provide foot baths. And, how long does Ramadan last? 30 days? Will this be a paid thirty days forced upon the employer?
If you can’t see the wrongness of such govt interference, as we see in Obama’s contraceptives rule, and Santorum’s pet legislation, then you belong at DU.