Don’t know if this has been picked up upon yet, as I have not read all the way through the thread when I decided to go back and start on the EO - * emphasis is mine, as are the questions marks : \
“”PART II - PRIORITIES AND ALLOCATIONS
Sec. 201. Priorities and Allocations Authorities. (a) The authority of the President... to require acceptance and priority performance of contracts or orders... to promote the national defense over performance of any other contracts or orders ...to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate... is delegated to the following agency heads:
(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and COMMERCIAL FERTILIZER?! So folks can’t make explosive devices maybe? ;
(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to ALL forms of energy;
(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;
(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to ALL forms of civil transportation;
(5) the Secretary of DEFENSE with respect to WATER?! resources; and
(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to ALL other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.
(b) The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under BOTH emergency and NON-EMERGENCY conditions.””
That last sentence is why I copied all of that section... Emergency and NON EMERGENCY conditions. Why in the heck would any of this need to happen in a NON EMERGENCY situation?!
P.S. Sorry for all of the caps, but I never did graduate from HTML Sandbox, sheepish look.
Dear Lord, I am pretty sure we know the answer. Please give us strength, to fight this battle.
Humans can last 40 days without food...3 days without water.