Skip to comments.Current Communist Goals
Posted on 03/17/2012 9:13:20 AM PDT by Antoninus
I know that this list has been posted on FR before--probably many times. If JR wants to take this post down as a duplicate, he is certainly free to do so. But in light of the number of brain-dead fools lurking on FR these days who take their cues on personal freedom from Larry Flynt and not from the Founding Fathers and traditional American morality, I feel it is a good time to post and discuss this list again.
While some of the goals on this list are out-of-date historically speaking, many are in the process of being accomplished right now under our very noses. On the whole, the list provides a checklist for how to undermine a nation and set it up for destruction. Perhaps it would be good if folks read down this list and reflected on how their statements and actions might be contributing to the accomplishment of our enemies' goals.
[Bold is mine]
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
“At least understand what you are defending and whose rhetoric you are using when you claim that a duly elected government has no right to restrict obscenity.”
Maybe you misread my post. I said nothing of the kind. I said is was an Commonwealth’s/State’s Attorney issue NOT a presidential issue.
If Obama wins, then we can officially change the name of our country from the United States of America to the Communist State of Obama. His administration just announced that in Obamacare every person signed up will be contributing $12 yearly to fund abortions - if all Americans are forced to buy in he would be taking about 3 billion dollars out of our pockets and funding “free” abortions (not to mention the “free” sterilizations and condemns). And, as Newt has openly said, Obama has declared war on the Catholic Church, all Christian Churches who still have a conscience and all American citizens who value their freedom: no more inevitable rights endowed to us by our Creator (like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness), oh no! It’s Communism like China and Russia, but the crazy thing is people are voting for it.
God help us! And, please God, Santorum/Newt for President/VP (or vice versa)!
The libs are masters of obfuscation, misdirection, and most importantly, the power of the introduction of division into the conversation.
Pornography is bad, for numerous reasons stated here and elsewhere, and I agree with all of them.
It is not however on the front burner, nor will it's fix help slow down or reverse the swirl in the toilet bowel we are all riding in.
To the extent that the media can throw Rick off message, they will succeed in stripping votes away, resulting in their complete success this November.
As righteous as a candidate can be, and as far to the right as possible makes for a good person to vote for, but he will need more than the votes of all conservatives to displace Obama.
This whole porn debate, as well as the contraception debate, is no more than a play to get him off message, and strip away votes from people who vote based on top of fold headlines and soundbites.
Unfortunately, that is the majority of the voting block.
Maybe you disagree, but that does not make it any less so.
It is the current playbook, refined over the last few decades, and will happen again this November as long as they can keep him off message.
Yes, those people understand the meaning of the powerful sentence from The Declaration of Independence: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
I can see why the statist, left wing dictatorial types hate this sentence. Saying out in public something like this, back then, I would have ended up in prison accused of treason, or contra revolutionary activity.
I have repeatedly told people over the years that is precisely what I believe Franklin meant when he said, "A republic, if you can keep it."
Franklin knew that where individuals could not restrain themselves or their own behavior, governments would be asked, if not begged to restrain them, and more than happy to oblige.
William Lind wrote an article 12 years ago called the origins of political correctness that showa how far down this of communism and especially marxism we already are.
Here are some excerpts...
The totalitarian nature of Political Correctness is revealed nowhere more clearly than on college campuses, many of which at this point are small ivy covered North Koreas, where the student or faculty member who dares to cross any of the lines set up by the gender feminist or the homosexual-rights activists, or the local black or Hispanic group, or any of the other sainted victims groups that PC revolves around, quickly find themselves in judicial trouble. Within the small legal system of the college, they face formal charges some star-chamber proceeding and punishment. That is a little look into the future that Political Correctness intends for the nation as a whole.
the cultural Marxism of Political Correctness, like economic Marxism, has a single factor explanation of history. Economic Marxism says that all of history is determined by ownership of means of production. Cultural Marxism, or Political Correctness, says that all history is determined by power, by which groups defined in terms of race, sex, etc., have power over which other groups. Nothing else matters. All literature, indeed, is about that. Everything in the past is about that one thing.
Third, just as in classical economic Marxism certain groups, i.e. workers and peasants, are a priori good, and other groups, i.e., the bourgeoisie and capital owners, are evil. In the cultural Marxism of Political Correctness certain groups are good feminist women, (only feminist women, non-feminist women are deemed not to exist) blacks, Hispanics, homosexuals. These groups are determined to be victims, and therefore automatically good regardless of what any of them do. Similarly, white males are determined automatically to be evil, thereby becoming the equivalent of the bourgeoisie in economic Marxism.
Fourth, both economic and cultural Marxism rely on expropriation. When the classical Marxists, the communists, took over a country like Russia, they expropriated the bourgeoisie, they took away their property. Similarly, when the cultural Marxists take over a university campus, they expropriate through things like quotas for admissions. When a white student with superior qualifications is denied admittance to a college in favor of a black or Hispanic who isnt as well qualified, the white student is expropriated. And indeed, affirmative action, in our whole society today, is a system of expropriation. White owned companies dont get a contract because the contract is reserved for a company owned by, say, Hispanics or women. So expropriation is a principle tool for both forms of Marxism.
And finally, both have a method of analysis that automatically gives the answers they want. For the classical Marxist, its Marxist economics. For the cultural Marxist, its deconstruction. Deconstruction essentially takes any text, removes all meaning from it and re-inserts any meaning desired. So we find, for example, that all of Shakespeare is about the suppression of women, or the Bible is really about race and gender. All of these texts simply become grist for the mill, which proves that all history is about which groups have power over which other groups. So the parallels are very evident between the classical Marxism that were familiar with in the old Soviet Union and the cultural Marxism that we see today as Political Correctness.
But the parallels are not accidents. The parallels did not come from nothing. The fact of the matter is that Political Correctness has a history, a history that is much longer than many people are aware of outside a small group of academics who have studied this. And the history goes back, as I said, to World War I, as do so many of the pathologies that are today bringing our society, and indeed our culture, down.
Marxist theory said that when the general European war came (as it did come in Europe in 1914), the working class throughout Europe would rise up and overthrow their governments the bourgeois governments because the workers had more in common with each other across the national boundaries than they had in common with the bourgeoisie and the ruling class in their own country. Well, 1914 came and it didnt happen. Throughout Europe, workers rallied to their flag and happily marched off to fight each other. The Kaiser shook hands with the leaders of the Marxist Social Democratic Party in Germany and said there are no parties now, there are only Germans. And this happened in every country in Europe. So something was wrong.
Marxists knew by definition it couldnt be the theory. In 1917, they finally got a Marxist coup in Russia and it looked like the theory was working, but it stalled again. It didnt spread and when attempts were made to spread immediately after the war, with the Spartacist uprising in Berlin, with the Bela Kun government in Hungary, with the Munich Soviet, the workers didnt support them.
So the Marxists had a problem. And two Marxist theorists went to work on it: Antonio Gramsci in Italy and Georg Lukacs in Hungary. Gramsci said the workers will never see their true class interests, as defined by Marxism, until they are freed from Western culture, and particularly from the Christian religion that they are blinded by culture and religion to their true class interests. Lukacs, who was considered the most brilliant Marxist theorist since Marx himself, said in 1919, Who will save us from Western Civilization? He also theorized that the great obstacle to the creation of a Marxist paradise was the culture: Western civilization itself
Unions aren’t an issue for federal government to deal with except when the union is one of federal employees. The states themselves does a far better job of deciding union issues.
Just this week in Michigan our governor signed a bill making it illegal for grad students to unionize and another bill ending automatic dues deductions for school employees and teachers.
Thank God we didn’t have to rely on the feds for those.
The Commerce Clause is an enumerated power listed in the United States Constitution (Article I, Section 8, Clause 3). The clause states that the United States Congress shall have power "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes." - WikipediaThe interstate commerce clause has been stretched and abused to cover all manner of federal government over-reach -- and threads since FreeRepublic's beginning have bemoaned that fact. If you choose to defend that over-reach and abuse, I won't attempt to argue with you on that point, since our positions are probably pretty entrenched, and neither of us is likely to persuade the other. I suggest we "agree to disagree" on that. Though I think we both -can- agree that Mr. Santorum, should he become President, is charged with enforcing the laws made by Congress, not those of his own moral code.
I'm content with the existing laws against obscenity, and have no desire to see them expanded at the federal level. The argument about better federal enforcement is just talk, until such time as Mr. Santorum gets into office and finds out what he can and can't actually accomplish.
On the point of the airwaves, I take it then that you wish to give the federal government, which is currently controlled by the most egregiously anti-American, socialist, amoral administration in living memory if not ever in our history, the power to shut down FreeRepublic and other internet sources of opposition to that administration, on the basis that the content is objectionable according to what the federal government deems acceptable.
I disagree. And I daresay that the founder of FreeRepublic might disagree as well. Neither he nor I willingly grant the federal government enough power that they can suppress our speech just because they don't like it. You might be willing to do so, and it's your right to argue that position and wish for that sort of government censorship. But like the old proverb says, be very careful of what you wish for, lest you get it.
” Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”
All of which Obama is dedicated to destroying!Some people just have a natural propensity to be evil. Obama is a charter member.
Obama has been a communist/terrorist sympathizer since his undergraduate years at Occidental College.Any idiot can do the research. He is a natural CON MAN, and it is easy to con from the left. He is a disciple of Saul Alinsky, who was one of the most vile, ugly, evil communists in American history. He now rots in Hell.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
I KNEW IT! Mitt is up to no good!
Some may remember that William F. Buckley debated Reagan on this issue and Buckley's position prevailed.(Actually for the return to Panama, which leased it to China)
At least I am a useful idiot.
If you goal is the re-elect the president, then you are on the right track.
Yes, he got his bloomers in a bunch because people disagreed with him on who has the authority to regulate internet porn, so he called us all communists.
In case you haven't noticed all these decisions have been Federalized and the Commonwealth/State have absolutely no say in the matter.
The attacks on Santorum have taken on a life of their own. There are perfectly good reasons why a Christian may think Santorum isn't the best candidate, and that's fine. What's not fine is that people are attacking Santorum for believing that the Christian faith has a role in politics. Driving faith out of politics is a Democratic Party or Libertarian Party agenda, and shouldn't be part of a Republican conservative agenda.
There was a day not that many years ago that secular conservatives believed going to church and living a good moral life was part of being a good citizen and a good Republican. They might or might not meet a biblical definition of being evangelical Christians, but they certainly valued the Christian foundations of the United States and traditional morality.
I know. I was one. Frankly, being American was more important to me than being Christian, but I didn't understand that because I didn't see any difference between the two, except that it wasn't a good idea to get too “radical” about church issues.
I was converted many years ago, and a key passage God used to convert me was Matt 6:1-8, the preface to the Lord's Prayer: “1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.”
That passage convicted me of my wickedness; basically everything I was doing by way of living a decent moral life was being done to avoid future political problems, and my moral life was purely intended to please people and not God.
Now a lot could be said about that which is theological, not political, and it doesn't need to be said here.
What's important is that three decades ago, coming out of the radical immorality of the 1960s, most conservative Republicans understood the importance of public morality and being a “good Christian church member” was part of the necessary resume for a Republican candidate for office.
That old system was far from perfect and it had more than a tinge of Pharisaism. However, we've now moved into a world where being a serious Christian seems to draw attacks not only from Democrats but from some Republican conservatives.
That needs to stop, and it's not going to stop until conservative Christians start standing up and saying “NO!”
The radical anti-Christian left has taken over the Democratic Party. We don't need to let anti-Christian conservatives take over the Republican Party.
BTW, which laws has he not enforced?
This should be a recurring reminder every few months, or so.