Skip to comments.Americans angry with Obama over gas prices
Posted on 03/27/2012 9:44:24 PM PDT by Free ThinkerNY
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than two-thirds of Americans disapprove of the way President Barack Obama is handling high gasoline prices, although most do not blame him for them, according to a Reuters/Ipsos online poll released on Tuesday.
Sixty-eight percent disapprove and 24 percent approve of how Obama is responding to price increases that have become one of the biggest issues in the 2012 presidential campaign.
In the past month, U.S. fuel prices have jumped about $0.30 per gallon to about $3.90 and the Republicans seeking to replace the Democrat in the November 6 election have seized upon the issue to attack his energy policies.
The disapproval reaches across party lines, potentially spelling trouble for Obama in the election, although the online survey showed voters hold oil companies or foreign countries more accountable than politicians for the price spike.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Liberals must live with their attack on Bush over gas prices.
Let the Democrats wallow in their stupidity. Of course it is Obama’s fault. Libs have a hard time understanding business.
Oh, believe me, he will magically fix that just in time somehow. Maybe another deep bow and a reach around with the King of Saudi Arabia will be enough to have them grant us a two month discount in September and October, to be made up in November and December.
Cheapest gas in Hawaii is now $4.95 / gal and climbing fast.
He is in bed with his brethren, the Saudis and the whole mid east.
Its in their interests,(both Obama’s and the Saudis) to bleed the American economy. It contributes to the weakening of America. This is no accident!
Man oh man where can we get those!!?? Truckstops would also be a great place to hand them out or plaster them around. I wonder if “Truckstops of America” (TA) would carry them in their shoppettes? LOL
“...and a reach around...”
“Full Metal Jacket — Drill Sgt. Hartmann” terminology there. Sorry! Could not resist.
Why not? If “Americans were unhappy” with GW Bush when gas prices spiked when he was in office (even though he put policies into place that eventually helped to lower fuel prices), then why not be angry with Obama who has intentionally done all he could to CAUSE prices to go up?
The 24% who approve is what scares me. Add that to 27% who don’t approve but still worship him and he’s re-elected.
On one hand, pain in the ass though it is, gas prices seem really, really trivial when contrasted with the existential threats to the Republic and to the Consitutionality thereof and all manner of sophisticated rhetoric.
And yet I have spoken to some folks far more experienced than I in the political realm and many of them de-nuance 0bamas’ re-election chances profoundly. Meaning they think gas prices will make a profound, profound difference. They think people will vote this.
It won’t matter how much oil is on the market if refineries can produce gas and diesel. If the refinery owners wanted Obama out, they would schedule downtime for maintenance and expansion this summer.
Up 8o cents a gallon here since January. Starting to cut back on other things now because of it. Most others probably doing the same. Kiss any recovery goodbye.
Gas prices always go up in the summer. Just wait until its $5.00-6.00 a gallon next August.
BFD. Nowhere to drive to anyway.
I just noticed on my drive this morning, we are right at the $4.00 mark and over for regular in Kentucky.
Cheapest gas in Hawaii is now $4.95
- - - - -
Yeah but the toll those high gas prices take on the economy through the summer will be felt for a long time. Some newswriters are predicting $5.00 per gallon prices but they fail to realize that $4.20 gasoline prices will knock the economy back on into recesssion.
I predict that as gas prices recede in August/September they will be replaced as the top issue with the voters...by...increasing unemployment.
“Americans angry with Obama over gas prices”..........
It isn’t just gas prices but it is a good start at why American’s (legal ones) are angry. There is quite a long list of things we can add.
The Democrat 24% would approve Obambi even if he were an illegal alien from Indonesia........Oh, wait... Anyhow, it's the other 76 percent that need educating.
Can’t drive over water for a few cents.