Skip to comments.Network names 13-year-old witness! (Drudge's Title)
Posted on 03/29/2012 9:49:13 AM PDT by MNDude
George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
Zimmerman had claimed he had called police about Martin, whom he found suspicious, then went back to his car when Martin attacked him, punching him.
The new information is the most complete version yet of what Zimmerman claims happened on the night of Feb. 26 when he shot and killed the teenager.
In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.
The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. He was not arrested.
(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...
I just don't want FR to get bogged down about race and ethnicity, making US look like we're fixated on it, even though the poverty pimps, Al and Jesse, are trying desperately to make the story about just that.
Hey, that reporter looks just like Obama’s son.
...and after ABC World News Tonight, stay tuned for another hilarious episode of America’s Funniest Rape Victims.../s
You can't REALLY believe that. The ideal rainbows and lollipops colorblind world never existed, except maybe on children's TV. In situations like this, race is everything. And in this case the black reporter turned up the heat on the dirty little race-traitor snitch.
It worked, too. His momma is already on TV contradicting her son.
It's not the money, it's the reality show mentality. Everyone wants to have their 15 minutes of narcissism on the idiot box.
:: he saw a man fitting Zimmerman’s description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot ::
Interesting that there is no mention of the location/position of Martin in this report. Selective editing, I wonder?
IIRC in his initial report he stated TM was on top.
Just a thought. The young man’s testamony will be in private judges chambers, don’t know it JJ and Sharpton will know what he’s says.
Mom OTOH can say anything she wants in public to cover his back. She won’t be on the stand. She just may be saving his life.
Hopefully the witness tampering will be covered in questioning.
I don't think that's what the reporter meant to say.
Now Spike Lee and Roseanne Barr can tweet the kid’s home address.
So, soon a drive-by will occur in the neighborhood or at school, and the media will be at fault?
“Austin Brown had better not be.......”
without protection. And a lawyer.
:: IIRC in his initial report he stated TM was on top. ::
So, my “selective editing” by the media was probably correct.
Now Spike Lee and Roseanne Barr can tweet the kid’s home address.
If you haven’t read the initial police reports etc it’s worth the time. If nothing more to recognize the BS and blank spots when you read the MSM articles.
Maggief posted everything again today, and yesterday, and....Just do a search on her name.
Ironic, the same press that cannot print anything about His Excellencies backgroud because they never looked, can crawl through every nook and craney to find out info on this shooting. Amazingly indictable.
Would it be possible to shot someone with the gun still in the holster?
I doubt that. Where is an arrest report?
Zimmerman was not arrested, just detained. And later - after 5 hours of questioning - he was released with no charges filed.
Detained - not arrested.
Thanks for note. I’ve read them 3-4 times already and have a quick-link to them for reference.
Yes. If the trigger mechanism is activated while in a holster the gun will fire.
What kind of evidence would be left in the holster if any?
FTA: the witnesses’ mom isn’t saying it wasn’t self-defense. She’s saying the cop who interviewed her son said it wasn’t self-defense.
Look up Florida's "Stop and frisk law." Once someone has been briefly detained and questioned, the police have two options, let the person go or arrest them due to probable cause. Once someone has been moved from the scene, it's no longer considered a brief detention.
It might be. It depends on the holster. One of the main purposes of a holster is to shield the trigger from being pressed while still in the holster. But if the gun fired while in the holster, then Zimmerman would have been shot in the leg, rather than Martin getting shot in the chest.
We don’t know where Martin was except on top. If they were fighting over the gun as Z said, and the gun was at his side in the holster when the first policeman arrived, I question if the gun got totally out of the holster.
On FOX just now they played one of the 911 calls.(from a woman) Voice could be heard calling for help and during it the gun went off.
strictly speculating. It could be that the gun was always in the holster. Martin decked zimmerman. (and as reported was pounding away on him with zimmerman) zimerman is calling for help and at that point martin realizes zimerman has a holstered gun. That is when the struggle for the gun ensues. Of course this is all speculation but for martin being on top hitting and zimerman calling for help.
(1) This section may be known and cited as the "Florida Stop and Frisk Law."
(2) Whenever any law enforcement officer of this state encounters any person under circumstances which reasonably indicate that such person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a violation of the criminal laws of this state or the criminal ordinances of any municipality or county, the officer may temporarily detain such person for the purpose of ascertaining the identity of the person temporarily detained and the circumstances surrounding the person's presence abroad which led the officer to believe that the person had committed, was committing, or was about to commit a criminal offense.
(3) No person shall be temporarily detained under the provisions of subsection (2) longer than is reasonably necessary to effect the purposes of that subsection. Such temporary detention shall not extend beyond the place where it was first effected or the immediate vicinity thereof.
(4) If at any time after the onset of the temporary detention authorized by subsection (2), probable cause for arrest of person shall appear, the person shall be arrested. If, after an inquiry into the circumstances which prompted the temporary detention, no probable cause for the arrest of the person shall appear, the person shall be released.
(5) Whenever any law enforcement officer authorized to detain temporarily any person under the provisions of subsection (2) has probable cause to believe that any person whom the officer has temporarily detained, or is about to detain temporarily, is armed with a dangerous weapon and therefore offers a threat to the safety of the officer or any other person, the officer may search such person so temporarily detained only to the extent necessary to disclose, and for the purpose of disclosing, the presence of such weapon. If such a search discloses such a weapon or any evidence of a criminal offense it may be seized.
(6) No evidence seized by a law enforcement officer in any search under this section shall be admissible against any person in any court of this state or political subdivision thereof unless the search which disclosed its existence was authorized by and conducted in compliance with the provisions of subsections (2)-(5).
That’s why I’m questioning. “Is it possible?”, If so, will ballistic test determine the position of the gun when it fired. Will there be evidence?
We know cartledge didn’t eject. Freeper said some thing may have blocked it.
Asked yesterday if DNA or finger prints would be on gun/holster. Hopefully that is what we are waiting on.
Such temporary detention shall not extend beyond the place where it was first effected or the immediate vicinity thereof.
So? If you feel the cops were in violation of this stop and fisk law, then say so.
But the fact still remains that Zimmerman WAS NOT ARRESTED that night.
Here's the other part of the law you're ignoring.
(4) If at any time after the onset of the temporary detention authorized by subsection (2), probable cause for arrest of person shall appear, the person shall be arrested. If, after an inquiry into the circumstances which prompted the temporary detention, no probable cause for the arrest of the person shall appear, the person shall be released.Zimmerman wasn't released. He was handcuffed and removed from the scene in a police car, therefore he was arrested according to the law -- the law of Florida, and the law according to the Constitution (look up Florida v Royer (1983)). Your use of caps lock doesn't negate that.
Based upon reasonable suspicion that you may be involved in criminal activity, a police officer may require you to identify yourself and explain your presence at a particular time, without arresting you. Under Florida law the officer may not remove you from the immediate vicinity without making an arrest, unless you voluntarily accompany the officer to some other location.
Being handcuffed and transported in the back of a police car is not voluntary. Thanks for making my case.
Is there no limit to what you don’t know? For instance, ANY one who informs the cops that he just shot that man who’s lying dead over there is ALWAYS cuffed. Standard procedure. How do you know the cuffs were still on as he VOLUNTARILY was taken to the precinct?
Try answering these qauestions...
How many hours was Zimmerman detained?
Was his attorney there?
Did Zimmerman cooperate with the poloce?
Absolutely. Zimmerman was cuffed while he was disarmed and that's covered by the "stop and frisk" law.
How do you know the cuffs were still on as he VOLUNTARILY was taken to the precinct?
Voluntary is when the police inform Zimmerman that he is free to leave and that he can meet them at the police station.
Aren’t there laws against naming minor witnesses?
Parents need to lawyer up and sue them into oblivion.
Probably not in the Pedophile Liberal Progressive community.
There was a story a couple days ago where a little girl was jumping on her parents' bed. A gun under the mattress went off, and wounded her in the leg. So yes, I suppose it is indeed possible. So if Martin was jumping on George, perhaps the gun under George went off.