Skip to comments.Walking Back the Trayvon Martin Hysteria
Posted on 04/05/2012 7:42:22 PM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
1) If one suggests that there may not be, at least as yet, enough evidence to overturn the initial police decision of not charging Mr. Zimmerman with a crime, then one is a de facto racist.
In other words, the liberal position of letting all the evidence be reexamined in a dispassionate fashion is now illiberal. And the illiberal one of charging someone with a felony without established probable cause is liberal. But just arresting and charging a suspect to let a judge or jury post facto decide whether there was ever probable cause for such an arrest is neither liberal nor consistent with American jurisprudence.
2) It is clear now that the African-American civil-rights hierarchy is concerned largely with maintaining power and influence by promulgating the theme of unending white racism and the need for its exclusive agency to find redress and reparations from that eternal fact. That is a serious charge, but one easy to substantiate whether we compare the commensurate outrage accorded the Duke case, the Skip Gates mess, the Tawana Brawley hoax, or the present Trayvon Martin tragedy, with the veritable neglect about the carnage of young African-American males in our cities, or the deliberate distortion that white-on-black crime is an epidemic when, in fact, black-on-black crime is in addition to the fact of vastly higher incidences of black-on-white crime.
And the professional grievance industry has achieved many of its aims. The latter common occurrences earn scant public attention; the former rare incidents, lurid hysteria. The disturbing truth is that to examine the black-on-black crime might raise uncomfortable inferences that such violence cannot be entirely explained by contemporary racism, and arises from issues as wide-ranging as illegitimacy, male parenting, literacy, education, family structure, disproportionate rates of criminality and drug use, misogyny in popular culture, etc. crises that often demand more than just government attention and funding.
If the Black Caucus or Black Panthers or Sharpton/Jackson industry can prove that Mr. Martin was executed or assassinated by a white oppressor due to his skin color alone and that this outrage was covered up by a racist white establishment, then their presence is vital to curb such an epidemic; if the case has nothing to do with race, or if it proves a difficult and complex case of self-defense, then once again they are relegated to the hard, unheralded and unpopular work of addressing the root causes of inordinate black crime that earns few profits and little publicity.
3) If the media had erred in one or two case in either its emphases or its facts, or erred on both sides of what apparently has become an ideological divide over the case, few could complain. But from Day One, the media has tried to promulgate an unambiguous narrative of a diminutive African-American preteen model student executed by a white racist vigilante with a shady past, a narrative that the facts, at least as we know them thus far, does not substantiate: The usually printed photos of Mr. Martin did not reflect that he was 17 or 6′2″; there was no firm evidence that Mr. Zimmerman used a racial epithet in contrast to the firm evidence that NBC doctored a tape to suggest a racist motive on the part of the shooter; the rubric white Hispanic was used, although the media does not employ it elsewhere; the assertions that Mr. Zimmerman was lying about his injuries were not, as alleged, proved by the police video, but far more likely disproved by it; there is still no firm proof about which of the two in the fight called out for help; there is now firm proof of an altercation prior to the shooting; Mr. Zimmermans past does not quite fit the portrait of a white vigilante with racist tendencies; nor does Mr. Martins quite fit the initial picture of a model student information about the two that is either irrelevant or germane, but not applicable to just one of the two involved in a fight; and so on.
4) In explosive matters of racial controversy, we can expect the president and the attorney general to be of either no help or to make things worse. President Obama fanned the flames in the 2008 Reverend Wright disclosures, the Pennsylvania primary, the Gates mess, and was utterly incoherent in the Martin matter; the attorney general has now weighed in so often on the question of race, and in such an inflammatory fashion (cowards, my people, accusations of congressional racism, etc.) that his only recourse is far wiser silence.
5) To suggest all of the above is to earn almost immediate condemnation as a racist, not because any of it is refutable, but because some do not wish to be reminded that so far the case on its merits has little to do with race, and is instead yet another fatal shooting where it is difficult to ascertain a proper charge whether of murder/manslaughter or self-defense a quandary repeated hundreds of times each year throughout the country with near-zero national public interest.
How sick we have become as a nation, when preferring not to prejudge a case until an inquiry reviews known evidence and searches for new information is considered racist; and wishing to inject race in order to do the opposite is not.
Why is everyone forgetting John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo of the Beltway Sniper Attacks? Why has that horror show been allowed to drop into the memory hole?
From the Wikipedia page:
Part of his testimony concerned Muhammad's complete multiphase plan. His plan consisted of three phases in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore metro areas. Phase one consisted of meticulously planning, mapping, and practicing their locations around the D.C. area. This way after each shooting, they would be able to quickly leave the area on a predetermined path, and move on to the next location. Muhammad's goal in Phase One was to kill six white people a day for 30 days. Malvo went on to describe how Phase One did not go as planned due to heavy traffic and the lack of a clear shot or getaway at locations.
This was not speculation. This was not theory. This was not media hype. This was court testimony.
The speculation, from Chief Moose, was that it was some white guys in a white van.
I don't recall Jessie or Al saying word one during the entire reign of terror perpetrated by these two mutts.
No one mentions it anymore.
I guess I am now OFFICIALLY a racist because I go with all of the above.
Obama just had ‘another son”
This will be all over the news any minute now - but don’t hold yor breath -
Thx, I didn’t know that.
Yikes! One of the shootings was just ‘up the road’ from where I live ..... I can remember going only to one particular gas station where I felt somewhat safe and staying behind the door of the car as much as possible while gassing up. It surely was a real reign of terror. Despite all of this, the thought of Muhammad & Malvo didn’t even cross my mind in relation to the Trayvon Martin situation until I saw your post .... I’m sure the media needs a major reminder ... after which they will totally ignore it since it doesn’t fit their narrative.
Critical Race Theory
Obama in the video is telling the camera that we have to find out what happened in the Zimmerman case, including the laws and other factors.
I can tell him what happened, the law worked that allowed Zimmerman to protect himself from a racist thug that was intent on murder and Mayhem. Justice was served.
there’s NO walkign htis back- the left decided before this story even took legs that whatever the facvts were, they were goign to make it a hate crime by a ‘white man’ who ‘hunted down another man for no other reason than he was black, and hsot him in cold blood liek a rabid animal’
FACTS be damned!
[[2) It is clear now that the African-American civil-rights hierarchy is concerned largely with maintaining power and influence by promulgating the theme of unending white racism]]
As well as Obsama ‘informing’ the SUPREME COURT that they don’t have a right to overturn HIS health care law-
Jurisprudence means NOTHING to the left- they apaprently beleive themselves to be above the law- they set themselves up higher than the law infact, and are now dictating to the lawmakers and law upholders how the laws wikll be carried out- This in itself is agaisnt hte law, but apaprently the current law upholders are lettign the left slide and ignoring hte death threats and death bounties being illegally issued agaisnt the Zimmermans
Let’s not forget this story, either! I bet those good boys had some skittles, too.
“This morning his father, John, told Today he didn’t agree with the gang’s defence lawyers, who claim they were good boys who made a mistake.
He said: ‘It sounds like they’re making excuses and trying to make light of the situation. It wasn’t like they were a group of kids that went out and did some property damage - they almost took someone’s life.’”
We have to go overseas to read about this?
As usual, the British press provides the best coverage of American events that might upset American liberals.
You are right, there is no walking this back.
Enemies have been made. They will neither be forgiven nor forgotten.
40 years of liberal racism have created an entire subculture wholely incompatible with society and most closely resembling a more dangerous and mature version of Lord of the Flies.
The liability... it’s real.
There is no question that John Muhammad had Jihadi inspiration. However, the victims were not all white.
VDH writes a column that I nearly always agree with but I must take issue with the statement above. This point is not only clear NOW, but has been clear since about the mid-60s onward, especially after the passing of all the laws that were necessary to address housing, voting rights, etc. After that, it was mere belly-aching in order to keep the dumb masses stirred up while maintaining the necessary cash flow for the hustlers. Following the Mafia business model, they moved from protection racket business shakedowns to owning actual businesses, a la the Jackson beer distributorship in Chicago.
It was a good illustration of the actual limits of forensic and media 'experts,' many of whom are mere hucksters and hired whores.
We see similar levels of bushwa in the "voice experts" recently declaring that the cries for help on tape were not Zimmerman, even though an eyewitness reported seeing and hearing him call for help, even responded to him. The witness was very clear about who was calling for help and who he was talking to.