Skip to comments.Goebbel’s Principles of Propaganda (See p.4)
Posted on 04/17/2012 1:02:35 PM PDT by combat_boots
1. Propagandist must have access to intelligence concerning events and public opinion.
2. Propaganda must be planned and executed by only one authority.
a. It must issue all the propaganda directives
b. It must explain propaganda directives to important officials and maintain their morale
c. It must oversee other agencies activities which have propaganda consequences
3. The propaganda consequences of an action must be considered in planning that action.
4. Propaganda must affect the enemys policy and action.
a. By suppressing propagandistically desirable material which can provide the enemy with useful intelligence
b. By openly disseminating propaganda whose content or tone causes the enemy to draw the desired conclusions
c. By goading the enemy into revealing vital information about himself
d. By making no reference to a desired enemy activity when any reference would discredit that activity
5. Declassified, operational information must be available to implement a propaganda campaign
6. To be perceived, propaganda must evoke the interest of an audience and must be transmitted through an attention-getting communications medium.
7. Credibility alone must determine whether propaganda output should be true or false.
8. The purpose, content and effectiveness of enemy propaganda; the strength and effects of an expose; and the nature of current propaganda campaigns determine whether enemy propaganda should be ignored or refuted.
9. Credibility, intelligence, and the possible effects of communicating determine whether propaganda materials should be censored.
10. Material from enemy propaganda may be utilized in operations when it helps diminish that enemys prestige or lends support to the propagandists own objective.
11. Black rather than white propaganda may be employed when the latter is less credible or produces undesirable effects.
12. Propaganda may be facilitated by leaders with prestige.
13. Propaganda must be carefully timed.
a. The communication must reach the audience ahead of competing
(Excerpt) Read more at campus.murraystate.edu ...
b. A propaganda campaign must begin at the optimum moment
c. A propaganda theme must be repeated, but not beyond some point of diminishing effectiveness
14. Propaganda must label events and people with distinctive phrases or slogans.
a. They must evoke desired responses which the audience previously possesses
b. They must be capable of being easily learned
c. They must be utilized again and again, but only in appropriate situations
d. They must be boomerang-proof
15. Propaganda to the home front must prevent the raising of false hopes which can be blasted by future events.
16. Propaganda to the home front must create an optimum anxiety level.
a. Propaganda must reinforce anxiety concerning the consequences of defeat
b. Propaganda must diminish anxiety (other than concerning the consequences of defeat) which is too high and which cannot be reduced by people themselves
17. Propaganda to the home front must diminish the impact of frustration.
a. Inevitable frustrations must be anticipated
b. Inevitable frustrations must be placed in perspective
18. Propaganda must facilitate the displacement of aggression by specifying the targets for hatred.
19. Propaganda cannot immediately affect strong counter-tendencies; instead it must offer some form of action or diversion, or both.
Based upon Goebbels Principles of Propaganda by Leonard W. Doob published in Public Opinion and Propaganda; A Book of Readings edited for The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues.
------------------------------ Also see
Definition of Social Darwinism from Conservapedia.
EXCERPTS FROM ADOLF HITLER, MEIN KAMPF (1926)
[PROPAGANDA AND MASS RALLIES]
The task of propaganda does not lie in the scientific training of individuals, but in directing the masses toward certain facts, events, necessities, etc., whose significance is to be brought to their attention.
You’re better at getting that out, CC. Do you have some of those links and info still that you could post here for some that might not remember?
Those were mostly on the old hard drive that crashed but they’re all in the archives here on the FR Glenn Beck TV threads.
This one has some of the info from the Giffords propaganda push too.
“2. Propaganda must be planned and executed by only one authority.”
The father of lies, of course.
The Church Lady called him Satan.
Saul Alinsky dedicated a whole book to him.
Bernays advocated manipulation of people, and called it democratic.
To me, democracy represents free people, with some semblance of self governance, as opposed to fascism.
It’s pathetic how “progressives” can call their evil garbage democracy, and morons think it is “good”.
I had a spirited discussion with a young product of America’s “MMM” system recently.
MMM = Marxist moron mill = public school and big university.
He told me that old Stalin USSR responsible for all of the death was “state capitalism”, so that is why capitalism is so bad.
You know, I had a couple of hard drive crashes during the Beck show days.