Cuomo's actions in combination with factors outlined herehelped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the sub-prime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments.
HUD Secy Cuomo turned the FHA mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down, and he legalized what a federal judge has branded kickbacks to brokers that fueled the sale of loans.
Three to four million homes face foreclosure, because of Cuomo's ill-conceived policies.
<>Baca currently serves as chair of the CHC Corporate America Task Force, which focuses on increasing diversity and Latino recruitment and retention in board rooms and industries across the nation.
<> In November 2006, the members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) elected Congressman Joe Baca (D-Calif 43rd) to serve as Chair.
Cong Baca led the group, which includes all Democrats in the U.S. House and Senate of Hispanic descent, during the 110th Congress (2007-2008).
<> During his time as Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Rep. Baca successfully led efforts to fight back "harmful" English-only and anti-immigrant amendments offered in the House. He also guided the CHC in their successful efforts to ensure the contributions of Latino awere recognized in a PBS documentary.
<>Baca has served in Congress since winning a special election in 1999. Rep. Baca represents the 43rd District of California, which includes the cities of Colton, Fontana, Rialto, Ontario and San Bernardino, as well as the areas of Bloomington and Muscoy.
Cong Baca has received numerous honors for his "public service." Recent awards include:
1) the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President's Achievement Award,
2) the National Farmers Union Presidential Award for Leadership,
3) the Walter Kaitz Foundation Diversity Advocate Award,
4) the U.S. Department of Agriculture Coalition of Minority Employees Award of Excellence.
5) Latino Leaders Magazine lists Baca as one of the top 100 most influential Hispanic leaders in America,
6) ranked twelfth on the list of the top 42 Hispanics on the "Who's Hot" list,
7) the Joe Baca Senior Field at the Empire Center,Fontana; Joe Baca Field at the Rialto Boys and Girls Club.
8) Colton Joint Unified School District broke ground on the "Joe Baca Middle School" at 1640 S. Lilac Avenue in Rialto, Cali, to open for the 2012-2013 school year.
201 North "E" Street---Suite 102
San Bernardino, CA 92401
Tele (909) 885-BACA (2222)
Fax: (909) 888-5959
Washington, D.C. Office
2366 Rayburn House Off. Bldg
Washington, D.C. 20515-0542
Tele (202) 225-6161
Fax: (202) 225-8671
Cuomo reported income of nearly $50,000 from unspecified investments in bonds and in investments generally categorized as real estate or "royalties" in Dallas, Austin, and Fort Worth and in Red Bank, N.J.
Mark my words ... Cuomo will be the 2016 Dem candidate for president.
There is no political corruption in the United States.
We live in a nation of filth that makes Nigeria look like a monastery.
The scarry part is that he wants to be president some day, and the scarrier yet part, is that voters voted for Obama, and I wonder if they’ll ever learn.