Skip to comments.WTVJ Fires Reporter Jeff Burnside for Allegedly Editing Trayvon Martin 911 Tape
Posted on 04/25/2012 7:58:03 AM PDT by SoFloFreeper
You wont hear it anywhere else but here insiders have told us WTVJ reporter Jeff Burnside was fired last Friday for allegedly editing the Trayvon Martin 911 tape, the same tape NBC aired on Today in early April. Allegedly, his firing wasnt announced internally and so far there is no information whether NBC made a conclusion if the edit was misleading on purpose or if it was an oversight.
(Excerpt) Read more at sfltv.com ...
i have to admit I have no clue?
is that from a TV show?
I’m a reporter for NBC Miami. Got a story? Let me know.
Miami, Florida · http://www.nbcmiami.com
Jeff Burnside; @jeffburnside
Sanford police shot up in first instance of violent protest over #trayvon. #nbcmiami http://lockerz.com/s/200189859
Jeff Burnside; @jeffburnside
I spoke to a smart Barry University class today about covering #Trayvon Martin. It reminded me how well informed the public remains!
What took so long???
“His hair was perfect...werewolves of London!”
Do you teach?
He’s kind of a big deal.
Yep! He looks like the Ron Burgundy type. Only catching for the other team, if you know what I mean.
“is that from a TV show?”
It is from Jon Lovitz character The Liar, who claims all kind of wild things like:
“Morgan Fairchild is my wife...who I’ve seen naked. That’s right, that’s the ticket.”
From his SNL days. It was funny!
No, that is Burnside’s tweet...not me.
Have to be honest here...my gay-dar did ping out.
For negligent reporting!?
I spent the majority of my life watching WTVJ. The first and only television station for the first decade of TV in Miami and South Florida in general.
Ralph Reneick must be rolling over in his grave.
I see he goes to the same hairdresser as John Edwards.
And the basis for such a suit is (I'm not an attorney, and I didn't play one on tv, either):
1. The misleading statement on tv resulted in a groundswell of public opinion against George Zimmerman based on false statements made by NBC"
2) The false and misleading statements resulted in numerous public officials drawing false conclusions re George Zimmerman's and Trayvon Martin's actions
3) The result of the false statements included both public and officials to call for Zimmerman's prosecution, when there was absolutely no evidence to support such prosecution
4) As a result of the false statement, George Zimmerman and his family had to go into hiding in fear of their life
5)As a result of the false statements and the resultant public uproar, George Zimmerman likely has no livelihood once he's acquitted, and thus deserves compensation to provide for him and his family for the remainder of his life
6) If the Federal Government must place him into witness protection, then the Federal Goverment is also due compensation to recover the costs of his being placed in witness protection.
The false statements promulgated by NBC and carried by other networks, if not malicious, were at a minimum negligence, and thus the damages to be paid by NBC must fall under the multilple indemnity rules for negligence.
I enjoy long walks on the beach, pina coladas, and editing 911 tapes.