I recall the investigation being launched after someone else in the media blew a whistle.
After this NBC should become ZBC.
Oh, I’m sure Jeff Burnside did this on his own without the knowledge or direction of anyone else at NBC...
yeah, that’s the ticket.
He looks a bit like a Ted Baxter type to me.
Kind of a smug looking guy.
He blew that big time.....LOL Wonder who is going to pay him to speak on ethics now...
Oh libel against the reporter? I want blood libel on Trayvon's baby momma and baby daddy. Jesse Jackson and Sharpton belong in jail for infighting racial violence nation wide. And ABC, MSNBC / NBC and CNN should be shut down for lying on the airwaves.
NBC does not know whether is was intentional or a mistake. It is obvious it was intentional, deliberate, and provoking! The reporter was trying to make a name for themselves.
I smell vinegar.
I bet they are deleting e-mails and text conversations over there as we speak. Not to mention shredders.
He definately has the network news anchor hair.
It took right wing talk radio to call NBC out on this.
I’m a reporter for NBC Miami. Got a story? Let me know.
Miami, Florida · http://www.nbcmiami.com
Jeff Burnside; @jeffburnside
Sanford police shot up in first instance of violent protest over #trayvon. #nbcmiami http://lockerz.com/s/200189859
Jeff Burnside; @jeffburnside
I spoke to a smart Barry University class today about covering #Trayvon Martin. It reminded me how well informed the public remains!
What took so long???
I spent the majority of my life watching WTVJ. The first and only television station for the first decade of TV in Miami and South Florida in general.
Ralph Reneick must be rolling over in his grave.
And the basis for such a suit is (I'm not an attorney, and I didn't play one on tv, either):
1. The misleading statement on tv resulted in a groundswell of public opinion against George Zimmerman based on false statements made by NBC"
2) The false and misleading statements resulted in numerous public officials drawing false conclusions re George Zimmerman's and Trayvon Martin's actions
3) The result of the false statements included both public and officials to call for Zimmerman's prosecution, when there was absolutely no evidence to support such prosecution
4) As a result of the false statement, George Zimmerman and his family had to go into hiding in fear of their life
5)As a result of the false statements and the resultant public uproar, George Zimmerman likely has no livelihood once he's acquitted, and thus deserves compensation to provide for him and his family for the remainder of his life
6) If the Federal Government must place him into witness protection, then the Federal Goverment is also due compensation to recover the costs of his being placed in witness protection.
The false statements promulgated by NBC and carried by other networks, if not malicious, were at a minimum negligence, and thus the damages to be paid by NBC must fall under the multilple indemnity rules for negligence.
He got fired for something he “allegedly” did?
If he didn’t do it, he will win a lawsuit.
If he did do it and got fired, how is it “allegedly”?
I got into television news to make the world a better place, Jeff Burnside says. I know that sounds preposterously idealistic. He adds, But I don't apologize one bit.