Skip to comments.Let's put this to bed. We have bigger fish to fry.
Posted on 04/27/2012 4:56:50 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
Everyone please send whatever you are able to, whether it is $10, $100 or $1,000+. The DUmmies, Morons, Kos Kiddies and that crew are laughing up their sleeves. Jim may have to make this site members only or allow ads. Better for us to just help with what we can. Maybe you can donate as a memorial for a lost loved one, a servicemember who never made it home or was disabled defending our country. Perhaps you'd like to give to keep free discussion alive and to show them that we're not knuckling under. I'm sure a well thought out or prayerful meditation will lead you to see the need and how you can help. If every registered FReeper and our lurkers would each just help out with a fin or a sawbuck, or better yet a Ben Franklin, we could put this to bed and get on with the conservative cause.
Amen to that: and they call themselves Christian.
Yep, I don't understand that at all. I'll sit back and see what happens but I don't expect any changes there.
I miss GitmoSailor. I think of him every FReepathon. I hope he stays on the list forever.
I am truly sorry for you. Honestly.
Thank you. I still hold out a slight hope that in November I am not forced to do something I don’t want to do but in the end, I will try to vote the Marxist Kenyan out of office. My state will probably not choose him, but it could be close.
Don't be. Save it for somebody who needs sympathy.
I'm nice to nice people.
Palin was not threatened out of running for President. This is just the stuff of conspiracy theories used to explain political events that don't fit into the world view of true believers. Does she get threats? All the time. Does near every public official/influential figure? All the time. Does anyone really not run for President because of threats? Pretty much no. Palin is a very determined person when she wants to be, if someone had really tried to strong arm her like that I'd bet Palin would have done just the opposite.
It is far more likely Sarah looked shaken/upset because she knew she was letting down a lot of hard core supporters that had believed all along that she was running for President. She was delivering some very bad news that was going to upset a lot of people, and at the same time confirming the beliefs of all those that said for months that she wasn't running (which only served to cause more hurt for her supporters).
I looked shaken too when, after hiding it for awhile, I finally had to deliver a bad report card to my parents whom were led to believe I was getting good grades. Obviously it is not an easy thing to do.
NO cheers, unfortunately.
Oh well, cheers to you anyway.
Yes, there are, but there are also lots of people that donate and don’t want their names shown. Just sayin’
I’m glad to hear it, FRiend. It’s been a difficult time for many of us since the autumn of 2008.
Please let me take this opportunity to make an apology to everyone on FRee Republic that supported Perry early on. I never said anything like this gay garbage but I was 110% behind Palin. I was convinced that she was going to run. I think that she was planning on it but something happened to her and a couple of others. Cain said his children received death threats. I do not hold it against Palin for not running but her postponing her decision was an unforseen negative. I hope that she runs in 2016... regardless of what happens this time. I do not hold her responsible for mitt.
I was doing what I thought was the correct thing to do at that point in time... keep the field level for Palin. In hindsight... I was wrong in the way I went about it.
I said some things about Perry and immigration that were harsh and probably not completely deserved. I was angry at his “Heartless” statement and that was coming off of Bush's “See you at the signing” taunt. Bush was another man that I supported to the maximum allowed and worked for locally. He let me down badly too.
For anything that I said during the early primary days that was not 100% true about Perry... I am truly sorry. I apologize to all Texans that supported Perry. Some wanted our governor to run for president... we should all give thanks that Barbour decided not to run.
Good Grief..lonestar..Give it rest!!
A month, nothing.
Yearly, it had been $100.
That was beautiful! I could never have said it so well, I think you probably are vocalizing what so many FReepers are thinking. Love the site, love what it stands for, still visit, don’t post much anymore. Every point you made is what I’ve thought over the past few months.
Sure you do.
RedMDer, please post that ship picture in his remembrance.
I’m going ahead and match your 100 now just because this FReepathon is stalling. See, your posting today has done good for the site.
I might not have done this if not for your outbursts today. Thanks again.
I hope the rest of your day is lovely.
Well, for what it’s worth, thanks.
I still remember you as the one who threatened to get me banned because I pointed out that Palin wasn’t doing anything necessary to run for office. Of course, my response to that attack was to say that all the Palin supporters were acting like acolytes in the church of the G-d-Queen.
I just wish more of her supporters had opened their eyes before it became too late.
We might have had Perry (slim chance, though, with his medication for back surgery making him incoherent in the debates).
We’re talking about names on the list that shouldn’t be.
Amen! Let the healing begin. It saddens me when people are zotted. Maybe some of them will come back and we can find a way to work together on what we can and we would at least have that.
If they do, he might take them up on it.
Nah, I am a great believer in appreciating people who can take a bad situation and make the best of it.
Shows character. No whining and teeth gnashing, just showing you are tough enough to take it. LOL
What else are you going to do but make a small person out of yourself?
I certainly think his name should remain as a remembrance. He certainly brightened the ‘thon threads.
He was very special. I was so touched that his family contacted us after he passed away. Such nice people.
I’m glad you agree.
I’m going to ping Jim to it, and see what he says.
GitmoSailor made every adult family member a Dollar-Day-Donor too.
Their names are on our lists.
Appreciate the information.
Thanks for responding to LucyT on this - I’ve been away. Dave Gardner died in 1983. Wikipedia has an informative life and career description EXCEPT for their cheap-shot characterization of him as racist. Of course, that’s the typical left-wing Wiki bias we all know and expect.
Flip Wilson’s “Geraldine” character was inspired by Brother Dave. He was a gentle, funny man and gave me many laughs back in the day as I enjoyed an Ar-Uh-See Cola, Moon Pie and peanuts... /g
Perhaps. But I will bow to the wisdom of Jim and the Mods with that.
I am truly sorry. I like Perry and I think he has been good for Texas and I think that he is not only a good man but a real man. Contrast that with the mangina the gop annointed. Again, I am sorry.
If the shoe fits, wear it!
FYI, that is exactly how others see you!
Have a good one yourself.
He was a hero. A mensch. A very kind man.
I hope it looks ok. It looks blurry to me. If you get my drift. :)
Got that right, on both counts!
Do you have proof that would stand up in court that she wasn’t?
Ok, since this thread has come to be what it is, Ill add my two cents.
First, Ill say that this is still one of the best sites on the web. When I first started becoming interested in politics, this site was immeasurably helpful in getting me acquainted with the current political situation. For that, I will be forever grateful, so know that, when I make my following points, I still really like this site, despite its flaws. Heres a observations:
1) No one here is disputing Jim Robinsons right to run his site however he wants. We know that we can stop visiting this site or post somewhere else. Were just dismayed that the greatest conservative forum on the web is collapsing. Sure, we can go somewhere else if we dont like it, but its senseless to just let this site die for silly reasons.
2) The lack of posters is hurting more than just freepathons. With less people, this site is not the great news aggregator that it once was. Going here used to be one stop shopping for news and commentary. Now, the site can no longer fulfill that role, and theres less of a reason to visit the site because of it. Its sad to see how little activity this site has now, and the place seems to be a shell of its former self.
3) The lack of posters also means less posting and commentary on each thread. Its sad to see the site being half dead. When I read the older threads, I am in awe of how intelligent the discussion is.
4) There are a few things that have made the posters on this site lose much of their credibility in my mind. One is the treatment of Newt Gingrich. If you read some older threads, you can see that only a year or so ago, he was widely reviled as a RINO here. Now, all of a sudden, he has become almost above reproach. Both positions are too extreme, but this site seems really dumb when it flip-flops on someone like that.
5) The Palin cult of personality was obnoxious. I like her as a person, but this site seemed out of touch with reality when, in 2010, people were acting like it was a shoe-in that she would be president in 2013.
6) The anti-Mormon junk is obnoxious. Its one thing to allow Mormonism to be deservedly criticized, but its another thing to make anti-Mormonism a semi-official site policy. There is a reason why public figures wont touch this site with a ten foot pole, and the condoned anti-Mormonism by people like Colofornian and Elsie is a large part of that reason. You can have a site dedicated to trashing Mormons or a site where mainstream public figures like Tony Snow post, but not both. I sure as Hell would prefer having the latter.
7) The anti-Catholicism on this site is also obnoxious. Its not as obvious as the anti-Mormonism, but it is noticeable in the way the religion forum is moderated. There is no reason posters like presently no screen name and Quix should be allowed to post the way they do. However, most of this has subsided due to the fact that, because of the decrease in site activity, the religion forum is half-dead.
8) On the topic of Mitt Romney: Id like it if the site allowed people to support or not support Romney equally. We all know that Romney is bad, but this is a question of strategy not principles. Either position should be acceptable.
9) As has been noted on this thread before, the whole viking kitties celebrating a zot thing has become ridiculous. Unless its a genuine troll, there is no reason to childishly celebrate the zotting of a freeper.
10) The suck-ups on this site are also obnoxious. I have no idea why grown adults feel the need to score brownie points by sucking up to Jim Robinson. We can all like Jim Rob, but we dont need to worship him or suck up to him like hes a dictator or were teachers pets.
So, although I love this site, it has some avoidable problems that are leading to its fundraising problems. If this post leads to a zot, so be it, but due to where this site has been headed, Im going to take a break from posting for a while and maybe forever. Ill still lurk and I may respond to comments on this post, but aside from that, Ill be gone for a while. It was nice while it lasted guys.
Having fun on this Saturday night? You seem to love the attention.
Perry should have waited 'til he got over his back surgery before entering the race. He crashed and burned but that wasn't caused by anything said on FR...we know that.
Everything happens for a reason...
He isn't and never was part of the GOPe---those were the accusations that made me angry because those making them were clueless.
“Now Missuh Junior... he wuz kilt outright... but Miss Baby... she was alright until they tried to turn her head around”. “Chuck was cool man... he had one of them leather aviator caps and he grew them sideburns like Elvis. Well he’d pull them sideburns out the slits in them straps and let ‘em blow in the breeze”. “He had zippers up his sleeves and zippers up his back... and a tatoo on his arm that said, “Mammy you the most”. Another favorite, “Et Tu Brutus”? “Naw man... I ain’t et nuthin’.” Loved Brother Dave!
I’m Roman Catholic and have no problem at all with this site. In fact, it is the one place that I can go and feel welcome.
The anti-Catholicism is more subtle in the way it’s condoned.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you missed it.