Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

To: muawiyah
"I know tens of thousands of current and former federal government employees."

Unless you are military.

My question would be. Why do you know so many democrats? Outside of the military, current and former federal government employees are 95% democrat. The other 5% are liars!

I respect your opinion but there is no way you are going to convince me that federal employees are not excessively overcompensated. They are and any legitimate study cited confirms this. Those that try to dispel this truth are just big government propaganda.

Have you heard about all those federal employees that are just chomping at the bit to get out of that horror and jump into the private sector with a real job? Well those people DON"T EXIST. They aren't about to leave the fantasy world of government employment and get a real job.

Don't get me wrong they aren't bad people. It's just that fully 80% of them are simply not needed and thus every dime they collect from taxpayers is wasted.

Here's one last kicker. Federal employees don't pay a dime in taxes! They can't because they produce no wealth. They consume wealth generated in the private sector. It's impossible for a government employee to pay taxes when the source of every dime of their compensation is from taxing the private sector.

A government employee paying taxes would be like giving your kids a $100 dollar allowance then having them pay the $80 cable bill and thinking you've somehow gained revenue.

25 posted on 04/30/2012 10:12:21 PM PDT by precisionshootist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies ]

To: precisionshootist
Hmm ~ hard case ~ federal employees vote pretty much 50/50 just like everybody else.

I worked at USPS Headquarters. We had about 600,000 employees at the time I retired. There are fewer now due to a fall off of advertising mail ~ and that's due directly to the Great Obama Recession.

You don't really think all those still employed USPS employees who are now taking care of their elderly and their unemployed chillun are going to vote for Obama do you?

As I pointed out your reference was to a study that actually EXCLUDED postal employees from the estimation of average salary levels of federal employees. It also EXCLUDED private sector CEOs. Both factors went a long way to distort the reality.

Warren Buffet's salary wasn't included ~ but his secretary's was.


26 posted on 05/01/2012 6:27:20 AM PDT by muawiyah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794 is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson