Skip to comments.Gundersen on KPBS Discusses Developing San Onofre Situation [Video]
Posted on 04/29/2012 3:10:31 PM PDT by Razzz42
About this video
A leak discovered earlier this year in a steam generator pipe at the San Onofre nuclear plant has lead to two unanimous City Council decisions to send letters of concern to the NRC. Fairewind's Arnie Gundersen presented at both council meetings. In this video Gundersen talks with KPBS's Peggy Pico about the steam generator leak, the city council decisions and the licensing status of San Onofre.
(Excerpt) Read more at fairewinds.org ...
The radioactivity had no known effects on the giant kelp, or on fish and other marine life, and it was undetectable a month later...
Iodine 131 has an eight-day half life so its pretty much all gone, Manley said...
In terms of overall exposure to the kelp bed itself, its not a huge amount, said Manley. It would not have harmed the kelp...
Don't go away mad... just go away!
You cherry picked those quotes and omitted the one about that it would be better if it never happened in the first place.
So far, I’ve given you spotty results from New Zealand and California, in Japan it’s gut wrenching but don’t worry about it.
SCE owns 80% and SDGE ownes the other 20%
Southern Cal is 100% on the hook for maintaining San Onofre, it is part of the deal.
dont know or really care about that, as I ma paying for it anyway. all I know is if one or both units are not back on line by summer and we have a very hot summer we are screwed.
If it's from zero baseline the it is less that meaningless. You don't seem to have any clue at all.