Skip to comments.LIVE STREAMING: Greece Election Results
Posted on 05/06/2012 9:09:04 AM PDT by tcrlaf
First Exit Polls released just minutes ago per Twitter:
Greece Exit Poll: ND 17-20% PASOK 14-17% SYRIZA 15,5-18,5% AN. ELLHN. 10-12% KKE 7,5-9,5% XRYSH AYGH 6-8% DHMAR 4,5-6,5%
This is IMPORTANT, and could dramatically effect the world economies very quickly.
Sorry, I don't speak Greek.
It’s all Greek to me.
In general I favor doing nothing. Any alleged solutions to this mess have massive transfer from U.S. taxpayers (net-net) written all over it.
Don't know much about it however isn't Greece pretty much past the point of no return as for as self destruction goes with their economy or is there still hope for them?
Yesterday, AP was calling the Conservatives leading “THE RISE OF FASCISM IN GREECE”.
That was actually the headline.
So does AP have concern that "fascism" is going to destroy all the wonderful things that socialism has done for Greece and in turn destroy the country? LOL!
Take a look in the mirror you AP elitists and look at yourself......if you can cast a reflection.
Greek TV via Zerohedge:
Greece Debt deal is TOAST..
Gonna be a rough ride in the overnight markets folks.
Short Euros, buy Physical Gold.
To quote Hayek, who was quoting European Intellectuals of the 40s, men who had close observations of Germany, Italy, and Stalin’s Soviet Union, and I paraphrase, Fascism is what happens when the illusion goes out of Socialism. There was no difference between Hitler and Stalin. ...That said, the examples of socialist movements that predict what is happening in the US are the African revolutions that used race and class divisions to justify the redistribution of wealth and power. That is how our leftist radicals think. Destroy everything of the old system because it is immoral, in Marxist think.
The austerity measures imposed by the two main parties have caused them to lose much of their support.
The Greek Republicans (New Democracy) and Democrats (Socialists-PASOK) cut the spending and raised taxes simultaneously.
As a conservative I don’t support higher taxes and the people on the other side in this country don’t want programs cut.
But when the big parties get together in a “crisis” they impose policies that conservatives and liberals alike despise.
In Greece, a left-wing party will get a large chunk of the vote because of the budget cuts.
A fascist party will also get over five percent of the vote.
When this country’s debt bubble bursts, the Romneys and Obamas will do nothing less than what those parties in Grecce did.
The conservative plan is the only one. CUT THE SPENDING, CUT THE SPENDING, CUT THE SPENDING, DO NOT RAISE TAXES, DO NOT RAISE TAXES, DO NOT RAISE TAXES....
The Greek RINO’s and socialists have failed the test with their “bipartisan” austerity and the alternatives Greek voters are choosing look like anarchy, communism and fascism.
I hope when the test comes to our country, we will choose better.
Some of that test is coming to our country tomorrow; looks like our businesses will have to contract due to fewer markets in Europe.
ND = New Democracy. PASOK = Socialists. KKE = Communists.
XRYSH AYGH would mean "golden dawn" in ancient Greek, but I have no idea what the party stands for, or what the other names represent.
About 60% of the new parliament would be against the package agreed between the former Greek government and the EU, IMF and ECB.
Whatever coalition "government" emerges from this tally will have a half-life of approximately 49.237 minutes. We should probably start a pool on the first date of foodstuff shortages in Athens. The only good thing that is certain to emerge from today's election is a bloodletting between the socialists and the hard-line left...and this will occur well within 60 days.
initial official tally:
New Democracy 19.2% 109 seats,
Syriza 16.3% 50 seats,
Pasok 13.6% 42 seats,
Golden Dawn 7% 22 seats
As SAJ says, it's popcorn time.
In any Event Golden Dawn is expected to get 6 to 8 percent of the vote.
The Golden Dawn party actually appears to be Neo-Nazi, and they stand to win up to 8% of the vote. In 2009 they won 0.29 percent. The difference seems to be attributable to the people who want an end to immigration of unproductive and criminal people, and don't care who they vote for as long as they promise an end to immigration.
And I'm looking at their website right now with Chrome Translate... yeah, they really deserve being called neo-nazis. The whole place seems to ooze fascism from every poor. Every sentence I read, I was just waiting for them to start ranting about the "International Jews" sucking the nation of Greece dry (they did go on about how Communism and the Soviet Union was created by the Jews to further their goals of global control). It continues about how the good guys lost WW2, and yes, they are Holocaust deniers. They seem to be selling the Protocols of the Elders of Zion on their website, along with large amounts of Nazi literature.
They're calling for:
Creating a Greater Greece by:
Annexing the Republic of Cyprus.
Annexing the Republic of Macedonia.
"Liberating" southern Albania, Thrace, and the Turkish islands of the Aegean Sea.
Nationalizing the banks and using the money to develop industry to "make Greece self-sufficient".
Nationalizing the energy industry.
Strategic sectors of the economy to be nationalized by the government. Less vital sectors should be controlled by the government, even if not owned.
Creating a "national workers union" (shades of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront)
For conscientious objectors to be stripped of citizenship and exiled.
Creating a new military police force.
Nationalizing all education under central state control.
For full citizenship only for ethnic Greeks.
For only full citizens to be able to own land.
It goes on and gets rather... disturbing. These people are blatant Neo-Nazis, and yet they managed to get 22 seats! Just listen to this stuff.
The Ideology of the People's Association "Golden Dawn" is that of popular and social nationalism. For us Chrysafgites, the homeland remains the supreme value. The nation is our foremost Race, Blood, Origin. We are a social and popular movement. The oppression of the economically weaker compatriots of the mechanisms of economic oligarchy finds our detractors and determined to defend the interests of the people and social justice. For us Chrysafgites tradition, the historical rights of our Nation and the idea of Hellenism are the supreme values, through which we experience the world and approach the concept of culture. We believe and strive for the realization of the Great Idea for a Greater Greece and a New Greek Culture.
1) I accept the third major ideology of history, the most rooted in the history of my people. The same anti-communism internationalism and universalism-liberalism.
2) I accept the need for a state founded and built with this ideology that continually nourishes and directs the individual and collective life. A state that serves these eternal principles of revolutionary Nationalist worldview ever, with the ultimate aim of forming a new society and "a new type of man.
3) I accept the moral imperatives arising from my worldview and work for radical renewal of the obsolete and counterfeit social values. The ideology I do not seek to salvage anything from the established economic and social interests that lead nations, peoples and culture in decline. So I'm an enemy of any power that perpetuates this decay anyway for backup of the plutocracy. Any power or dictatorship of the military and economic interests are either parliamentary dictatorship. Why are two sides of same coin: the unpatriotic isopedotismou
4) I understand that nationalism is the only absolute and real revolution because it seeks birth of new ethical, spiritual, social and spiritual values. The right and left solutions supposedly fighting each other, it's just theater two partners who perpetuate the dominance of cosmopolitan internationalist and anti-national and anti-popular forces.
5) I think the only state that serves to correct the historical role of the People is the state where political power is the People without party pimps. For the People nationalism is not only a numerical section of people but a qualitative composition of people with the same biological and intellectual heritage, which is the source of all creation and expresses its power in secular state. The only state that can express the people as an organic whole and spiritual living.
6) The falsified the left and right policies are directed error, because democracy means rule of the municipality that the People made up of people common origin (definition of the Citizen in Classical Athens). And People's State of Nationalism is the only direct democracy. The state of the People is the only reality that does not need power, but leadership. The People are the real ruler, the prince himself through his leader. So the secular state can realizes the only possible equality (derived from Thinking and not natural, but human culture - political creation), equality of opportunity. In contrast to the transient and redeemable majority of parliamentary management. general will of the people is the Supreme Law, submission to which the direct cause of justice for the whole of each unit. ......
7) I realize that the People's State of the Nationalist Ideology is the absolute fairness and social equality political hierarchy. In the secular state there is no social stratification based on income-economic classes. The popular classes are collaborating organic, other groups of people with special abilities and production skills each. Just like in a living organism. The different systems contribute to full harmony and cooperation for survival. Rule of the People's State of the relations of the People - is the class of organic solidarity. The few people who have finally break the organic relationship with the roots of the People are the members of "plutocratic oligarchy" with cosmopolitanism, and members of guiding groups of "Bolshevik-piece union oligarchy" with the internationalism. The oligarchies of money and party tyranny is the same. Enemies of the Nation and the People.
8) I am an enemy of the vast and exploitative property, either locally or internationalist, and a champion of family mikroidioktisias of clergy or sanctuary of our ancestors. Money is a means necessary and not a factor regulating life or an end in itself. The ultimate goal of the secular state is the elimination of tiered pseftoantikeimenikis value of money and the controlled use as a replacement instrument. The state should control private property so that it is not dangerous for the survival of the People or is qualified to manipulate. The economy is designed to serve the national policy and to ensure maximum self-sufficiency to dependence on international markets and control of any multinational.
Is this what was going on in Germany in 1930?
Just because a party calls themselves conservative, doesn't mean that they are, especially in the American political use of the term! Don't read of foreign affairs and automatically equate Conservative = Good!
Yes, and the parallels are interesting.
The reason why people voted for the Nazis was that they were tired of having a crappy economy. They were tired of Communists rioting in the streets. They were tired of unions striking all the time. The unions did not want their real income going down so they struck to get wage increases to keep up with runaway inflation. Meanwhile, the middle class was stuck in the middle, and seeing their real income dropping, and seeing themselves going into poverty. And the mainstream parties were doing NOTHING to deal with their concerns.
The reason why we're seeing the Golden Dawn is that the Greek private sector is getting fed up. They are fed up with the unions. They are fed up with the rioting Communists, they are fed up with having hordes of illegals feeding off their social service system. The middle class don't like the idea of becoming poor. And the mainstream parties are doing NOTHING to deal with their concerns.
They are fed up, and more and more are willing to install WHOEVER promises to deal with THEIR issues. And they will not CARE what sort of flag these people fly.