Skip to comments.Romney needs to get small donors hooked / Weak passion seen for candidate
Posted on 05/07/2012 5:47:57 AM PDT by COBOL2Java
Wow, look at those enthusiastic faces surrounding Romney!
Now that the race [is] a two-person contest, Mr. Romney ought to be able to bring more small donors in, said Michael J. Malbin, executive director of the Campaign Finance Institute (CFI), a Washington-based think tank. But to do so, some things will have to change. He will have to gain more passionate support or more committed support as opposed to respect. He will have to make a real effort to find these people and go after them. This campaign at several points has said that it was doing so, but we do not see much evidence of that.
Even if Mr. Romney goes after smaller fish, its not clear the GOP rank and file are eager to hop into the presumptive nominees net.
Not unless Im struck by a lightning bolt from on high, said Emma P. Routh from Franklinville, N.C., who fired off a $100 check to Mr. Santorum in March, weeks before the former senator from Pennsylvania dropped out of the race. She said it might take divine intervention to get her to send a similar check to Mr. Romney.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
Romney is a root canal.
No one wants it, they hurt, the thought of them make us sick but if you don’t get one, you lose the tooth.
Just ask those guys from the Muslim Brotherhood that Obama appointed to the TSA.
Or anyone in the coal industry.
Or the Supreme Court Justices who LOVE being threatened by Obama and will adore his appointees (does that need a sarcasm tag?)
Or Putin who is waiting until BOs next election.
Etc. etc. etc.
And those could all disappear with the next shake of the Etch-A-Sketch.
I've never respected Mutt.
He’s got GOPE and the corporate welfare queens of Wall Street. Now all he needs is voters!
>>The problem is, that even with the Romney root-canal, you eventually get LockJaw from the botched job he does and end up dying anyway.<<
To quote a brilliant FReeper
(1) You seem to overlook the shenanigans of Obamination in appointing czars, issuing Exec Orders left and right and basically ignoring BOTH the Constitution AND Congress.
(2) If re-elected, He will screw the US Supreme Court for the rest of our lives and most of our kids; lives, issue Allah only knows what new pile of exec orders, continue to trash the fabric of this once great nation, etc, etc, etc.
(3) What SIGNIFICANT action have you seen from ANY of the last round of tea party supported bozos that got elected, other than the occasional NO vote on some stupid piece of legislation. The utter and absolute corruption so rampant in DC quite simply infects EVERYONE who is part of that monstrosity called the US Federal Government. With recognition of Edmund Burke’s prophetic principal about the relationship of power and corruption, may I reword it to fit what we have seen in these latter days of the USA: Power corrupts and ANY SIGNIFICANT amount of power will begin the corruption process, usually not reversible, of most people today beyond any hope of reversal or redemption. (Just review in your own mind for a few moments, the behavior of any member of the & public service sector, from local and county through state and up to federal service, and count up any SIGNIFICANT players who have NOT been corrupted.)
(4) The ONLY thing of ANY significance about the election is to defeat OB or, better yet get him declared ineligible before the election.
(5) And, BTW, OB has set such a horrendous pile of steaming precedents, that I seriously doubt ANY future POTUS will be morally clean enough to resist taking advantage of them, with the possible exception of Sarah Palin.
62 posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 11:05:54 AM by CanuckYank
Perhaps at his acceptance speech, Romney can declare "Read my lips: no new taxes!"
>>How is Mr. Etch-a-Sketch going to help with economic issue? <<
At least with the “lesser of two evils” you have a CHANCE that he will not override the congress and constitution. Get a good conservative congress and we at least hold the status quo. Even with a conservative congress, Obama accelerates full steam ahead to Marxism, spouting liberal Supreme Court justices to seal the deal.
The biggest problem I see is that people were infighting SO MUCH that we picked off anyone better than MR. Perhaps we should do better after we avoid becoming Venezuela.
>>You are choosing to believe the campaign promises of Hope and Change from a proven and documented Liar, Mitt Romney. <<
No, I am stating for fact that Romney likes America enough to keep it from being turned over to the Communists and Jihadis, while BO is waiting for his “next election” to do exactly that. AND put his specially picked Justices in for life.
Romney had a liberal congress in a liberal state to screw up. You have no record of Romney with a conservative congress and a conservative state. Only BO thinks that we elect a dictator.
The REAL best bet for Romney would be to get a first rate running mate: I nominate Allen West. If West doesn’t get you fired up, nothing will!
In other news, dog bites man.
Romney is cozy with Muslims and a Global Warmist. What’s the diff?
Romney moving into the White House would be the equivalent of slumming for him. Not to push the class envy card but he is dripping in money and I do wonder if the time has come when only millionaires will be able to run for president.
The money spent on his campaign to date is mind boggling. How in touch will he be with the Plumber Joe’s of America?
IF conservatives win control of the senate and maintain control of the house..they can BORK Obama’s supreme court nominees
He may be a nut but he is our nut. And anything to deny Romney the nomination sounds good.
“Not unless Im struck by a lightning bolt from on high, said Emma P. Routh from Franklinville, N.C.”
Emma sounds like a FReeper :)
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.