Skip to comments.Erika Harold, Former Miss America, Runs for Congress
Posted on 05/11/2012 7:19:22 AM PDT by jakerobins
After voters sent a former "Saturday Night Live" star (Sen. Al Franken), a hit recording artist (former Rep. Sonny Bono) and an astronaut (former Sen. John Glenn) to Congress, a former Miss America Pageant winner wants to try her hand at lawmaking.
Erika Harold, who won the Miss America crown in 2003, passed the first hurdle this week in becoming the Republican candidate to replace Illinois Rep. Tim Johnson, who dropped out of the race two weeks after winning the GOP nomination in March.
The GOP county chairman tapped Harold, a Harvard Law School graduate who now works as a litigation attorney in Chicago, as one of four potential candidates to take on the Democratic nominee, physician David Gill, in November's general election.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
A republican, black, female, lawyer in Chicago that wants to run for congress.
There is a distinct aroma of COMBINE in the air, yes?
Within the next 10 years....you watch, a Porn Star will be elected to Congress.
If her head is screwed on right, the Miss America aspect is incidental
It seems like everyone running for Congress attended Harvard Law School.
I hear they even have American Indians on the faculty there!
[Within the next 10 years....you watch, a Porn Star will be elected to Congress.]
It’s already happened in Italy and she kinda used it to get elected.
This one, unlike the fraud president from Harvard Law School, is actually a licensed attorney.
I’m from the Washington, DC area. Throw a rock around here and you hit a lawyer!
Yep, that's where we're headed.
We need to elect a horse. Rome declined and so do we.
It did happen in Italy. I was there for the festivities!
What’s your address, will send you a truck load of rocks. It’s a start.
I could probably be a better judge of her abilities if there was a photo of her taken during the swimsuit portion of the pageant.
“A republican, black, female, lawyer in Chicago that wants to run for congress.”
Does she support LGBT? /s
“Within the next 10 years....you watch, a Porn Star will be elected to Congress.”
Wasn’t one - porn star - elected in Italy a few years back?
I thought anyone running for Congress was required to have attended Harvard Law School.
Please, someone give Kerry a unibrow in that photo!
Hey, Quick Shot, two Washington area jokes for you:
1) What do you call 100 lawyers on the bottom of the Potomac?
A good start.
2) If a “Washington Post” reporter saw Christ walk on the water, what would be the headline of his story be the next day?
“CHRIST CAN’T SWIM!”
I thought Nancy and Barbara....never mind.
Gotta love her sticking to her principles!
Not guilty! (Just in case she’s ever arrested for anything).
Isn’t there a picture of Bawney Fwank in drag floating around here that qualifies as porn.
No, it doesn’t have an aroma of combine. She’s conservative, so the combine wouldn’t approve of her.
In Feb. 2008, Tim Balderman won the republican primary in Illinois’ 11th Congressional District. About a month later, he dropped out of the race, and the district’s county GOP chairman took about six weeks to choose Marty Ozinga to be the nominee. That delay probably helped then-State Sen. Debbie Halvorson win the election. I hoped that county GOP chairmen would learn from that race. On about March 25, 2012, each county chairman should have chosen whom he or she would like to nominate, if a congressional candidate, for that county, drops out of the race. On April 5, Congressman Tim Johnson dropped out of the race, and the nominee should have been chosen by April 20. We’re still waiting for a nominee.
Why not, we all ready elected one President.
What did Abraham Lincoln say to Uhura on Star Trek? My.......
I would hit that for a week!
Thank you for the info, sir.
1) Oilfield supervisors(well production as well as oil/gas pipeline people)
2) Farmers (actual tractor-driving, plow-welding farmers)
3) Small service-business owners (dry cleaners, gun store, grocery, restaurant, gas station, landscape, etc.)
4) Manufacturing plant supervisors (especially machine-tool and electronics manufacturing)
5) Food production & chemical plant supervisors (not the big wigs, the people who run the production lines at Kellogg's, Tyson, Kraft, Coca-Cola, 3M, InBev, etc.)
6) Tax accountants (especially those who work for small businesses)
7) Construction supervisors (the dude on the high steel telling the hardhats what for)
8) Automobile maintenance shop supervisors (both mechanic work and the guy who runs Tire Barn)
9) Big-box-store distribution center supervisors (not the high muckety-mucks,the lady who makes sure the boxes of diapers or cheese get on the right truck at the right time)
10) Overland trucking supervisors (especially if they worked their way up from being a driver or owner-operator)
11) Electrical power generating station supervisors (the guy who makes sure the peak generators turn on during summer afternoons)
12) Soldiers (NO generals or colonels; best are non-com officers & gunny's, but officers LTCOL and below OK; the brass are tainted with socialism)
13) Engineers (mechanical civil, electrical, electronic, chemical)
14) Commercial fishermen & shrimpers
All of these people know how to make a payroll, how to stick to budgets, how to save money, and how to solve problems while avoiding creating new ones.
Furthermore, I do not want ANY more of these kinds of people in Congress:
2) Politicians of ANY stripe, especially those who have held a seat in the opposite house
4) Beauty Queens
5) Porn stars (look it up)
6) Trust fund babies (see: Kennedy x 3)
7) Old-money babies (see: anyone connected to Rothchilds, Rockefellers, or Soros)
That's my dream for Congress.
Yeah, I know, not going to happen.
Do you agree that county republican chairmen should have learned from that 2008 race? If so, why didn’t they plan, well, two months ago? I think that they didn’t think about planning ahead.
LOL, Good point.
Yeah, lessons learned. But given the lack of quality wins lately, they probably aren’t too energized to “git er done”.
I am so glad I’m in Tejas now. I still keep up with Chicago...I listen to WLS online every afternoon.
Incitatus for senator!
When I was a young adult, I read of an interesting concept.
For Senate and Congress, have the positions filled by random drawing from the public. Much like getting a jury duty notice when you vote. If you are selected, you ‘serve’ for four years and then you are released back to the private industry. You receive a nice salary during your time of service. You have to go back and ‘live’ with the laws you ruled on.
Objections arise, such as that this would mean Congress would be full of women, alcoholics, bums, perverts, homos, child-molesters, criminals, and the mentally ill.
I say, how is that any different than what is there now?