1) Oilfield supervisors(well production as well as oil/gas pipeline people)
2) Farmers (actual tractor-driving, plow-welding farmers)
3) Small service-business owners (dry cleaners, gun store, grocery, restaurant, gas station, landscape, etc.)
4) Manufacturing plant supervisors (especially machine-tool and electronics manufacturing)
5) Food production & chemical plant supervisors (not the big wigs, the people who run the production lines at Kellogg's, Tyson, Kraft, Coca-Cola, 3M, InBev, etc.)
6) Tax accountants (especially those who work for small businesses)
7) Construction supervisors (the dude on the high steel telling the hardhats what for)
8) Automobile maintenance shop supervisors (both mechanic work and the guy who runs Tire Barn)
9) Big-box-store distribution center supervisors (not the high muckety-mucks,the lady who makes sure the boxes of diapers or cheese get on the right truck at the right time)
10) Overland trucking supervisors (especially if they worked their way up from being a driver or owner-operator)
11) Electrical power generating station supervisors (the guy who makes sure the peak generators turn on during summer afternoons)
12) Soldiers (NO generals or colonels; best are non-com officers & gunny's, but officers LTCOL and below OK; the brass are tainted with socialism)
13) Engineers (mechanical civil, electrical, electronic, chemical)
14) Commercial fishermen & shrimpers
All of these people know how to make a payroll, how to stick to budgets, how to save money, and how to solve problems while avoiding creating new ones.
Furthermore, I do not want ANY more of these kinds of people in Congress:
2) Politicians of ANY stripe, especially those who have held a seat in the opposite house
4) Beauty Queens
5) Porn stars (look it up)
6) Trust fund babies (see: Kennedy x 3)
7) Old-money babies (see: anyone connected to Rothchilds, Rockefellers, or Soros)
That's my dream for Congress.
Yeah, I know, not going to happen.
When I was a young adult, I read of an interesting concept.
For Senate and Congress, have the positions filled by random drawing from the public. Much like getting a jury duty notice when you vote. If you are selected, you ‘serve’ for four years and then you are released back to the private industry. You receive a nice salary during your time of service. You have to go back and ‘live’ with the laws you ruled on.
Objections arise, such as that this would mean Congress would be full of women, alcoholics, bums, perverts, homos, child-molesters, criminals, and the mentally ill.
I say, how is that any different than what is there now?