Skip to comments.Obama Must End the Attacks on Mormons
Posted on 05/14/2012 6:52:39 AM PDT by Kaslin
As anyone who has worked on a presidential campaign knows, there is always an undercurrent of trepidation that the candidate or a trusted advisor will say or do something that connects in a very negative way with the vast majority of voters.
As we witnessed, Hilary Rosen, a Democratic strategist, recently created one of those self-inflicted and lasting wounds when she said on CNN that Ann Romney had "actually never worked a day in her life."
Whoops. The Obama White House and campaign came down on Rosen's head like a ton of bricks. From President Obama to his top advisors, all immediately declared that Rosen should apologize and that family should always be "off limits."
They did this not so much because they believed it or because it was the right thing to do, but rather because they were petrified that Rosen's ignorant and idiotic comment would offend millions of voters they will need come November.
OK, President Obama and his team now have vigorously and repeatedly declared that the families and spouses of a candidate should forever more be "off limits."
Next, President Obama and his team should just as vigorously declare that a candidate's faith should be "off limits."
They should, but they won't.
Because the Obama White House and campaign are counting on the smear-merchants from the left to continually target Mitt Romney's faith from now to Election Day. Not only are they counting on them to engage in this un-American attack, but they need the haters in the far-left media, in Hollywood, in the music business and in education to do their dirty work.
Because they can add and subtract. The Obama campaign knows that one of the reasons President Obama won in 2008 was that from 2004 to 2008 between 3 million and 4 million Republicans decided to stay home and did not vote. As Obama won several states by razor-thin margins and as his campaign knows he is suffering from an "enthusiasm gap" from some of his previous supporters, they are going to need to suppress the Romney vote in 2012. * * * * *
How? Among other things, by creating doubts and false impressions about Romney's faith.
For the moment, it seems that Maureen Dowd of The New York Times has been handed the baton and is leading the smear parade for the far left. She has already written several columns that have questioned Mitt Romney and his faith. Columns that have been reprinted in hundreds of newspapers and have been quoted on numerous shows.
While Dowd is proudly carrying the Bigot Baton, others from the far left are quickly sprinting to her side.
Jeffrey Weiss, a liberal and an alleged "Religion" columnist with RealClearPolitics, recently attacked Romney by saying, "It is past time for Mitt Romney to address relevant questions about his religion." Really? Does Weiss then have an obligation to "address relevant questions about his religion?"
Beyond Dowd and Weiss, we have the foul-mouthed Bill Maher of far-left HBO saying Romney's faith "was so ridiculous that even Tom Cruise wouldn't join it."
Always on the verge of bursting a blood vessel, big talking head Lawrence O'Donnell of MSNBC declares that much of Romney's religion is "made up."
Recently, the liberal Al Hunt of the equally liberal Bloomberg "News" wrote a two-for-one column in which he not only tried to amplify those doubts about Romney's faith, but belittled Evangelical Christians at the same time. How proud he must be. * * * * *
CNN recently ran a segment that showed pictures of Mitt Romney, Harry Reid, Gladys Knight and a few others and asked, "What do they all have in common? Answer: They are all Mormons."
Are you kidding me? What an amazing coincidence that CNN would pick the Mormon faith to single out during a presidential campaign.
Now, Montana Democrat Gov. Brian Schweitzer has shamefully waded into the smear-the-Mormon-faith cesspool.
President Obama has declared families and spouses of candidates "off limits."
He must now personally and publicly call off Schweitzer and his other corrupt supporters from the left who are eagerly and continually targeting Romney's faith.
If he does not, Obama merely confirms his campaign strategy.
“Must end?” It hasn’t even begun!
He should NOT attack mormons. He should attack Mormonism.
I look at this particular issue as the Russian Front in WWII. Two of our enemies whittling away at each other.
Reverend Wright, anyone?
Duck and cover, Kaslin. You’re going to get some insane posts on this topic from the pro-Obama forces on this forum.
It would also be nice if people here stopped attacking it.
>>It would also be nice if people here stopped attacking it.<<
What and lose some FReepers’ favorite hobby?
Rest assured the mutton-heads in the media will blast Christians, Mormons, and any religion but Islam. They will never utter an unkind word about it. Wouldn’t be prudent...
You guy’s are amazing, you already have the Devil in the Whitehouse. Are you Mormon bashers so secure in your own salvation that you can say these things.
I have been going to church for 60 years and my number one priority is to secure my own salvation. What about You?
How does your hate speech measure up to acting Christ like?
>>I have been going to church for 60 years and my number one priority is to secure my own salvation. What about You?<<
First they (the Obama-ite atheist Leftists) came for the Bible-Huggers, then they came for the Catholics, now they're coming for the Mormons.....then they will come for the.......
Too many folks here have NO idea who the real enemy is.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. .....
2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
As Christians, we are obligated to expose false religions and false teachers that lead people into Hell. Mormonism worships a false god, a false jesus and a false prophet.
“Obama Must End the Attacks on Mormons”
End the attacks?
Are you dreaming?
The “attacks” haven’t even yet BEGUN.
(1) Legitimate discussions of expressions of faith and practice (including Biblical and alleged extra-scriptural revelation) have always been a part of this site.
(2) Our friends in the LDS have INVITED scrutiny and discussion by presenting the Book of Mormon (and other founding "sacred" literature) as an extra-biblical revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
.....As all Christians love and serve Christ -- if he is legitimately speaking through this literature, all of disciples would certainly want to hear-- we should read it.
....If the produce of these documents and practice of these "claims" are found to be highly conflicted with the Biblical record...
...And if found highly suspect, or proven to be entirely bogus--
...As Christ himself warns of us false prophets (Matt 24)... we should heed those same (Biblical) warnings.
(3) By the invitation extended through the claims of the LDS adherents, an open-book, open-faced COMPARISON of the founding literature is certainly a worthy inquiry -- and where merited -- extensive historical investigation of the faith and practices of this beleife system through the generations of its own adherents.
(4) Likewise, when LDS is found holding to secret "higher doctrines" ... and a series of secret rituals for initiation into the hierarchy/ various "preisthoods" of that expression of faith
...At that point...
Every Christian is called to a level DISCERNMENT that asks the simple question of whether or not those closely held "secrets" are the legitimate Christ-centered works of the Holy Spirit-- or merely a man-made tradition, or a counterfeit "inspiration" of another spirit.
THIS IS THE POINT (Thanks for asking):
None of those discussions, comparative studies, and inquiries of LDS faith and practice or listed above should be considered as ...."ATTACKS"...
(a popular lefty-lib tactic for stifling intellectual honesty --OR--silencing opposition)
And as enthusiastically as my LDS friends and visiting "elders" invite me to read an accept their founding literature as a God-breathed "newer revelation" of Christ... So likewise I enthusiastically invite them to place the Biblical record in its rightful place of highest authority, and do their own homework!
May God bless your journey...
The results of Obama's "hate whitey" faith are on display in south Chicago, gangland Detroit, Philadelphia and a host of other major cites: too dangerous for decent people to even go, much less open businesses.
The results of Mitt Romney's Mormon faith are also on display in large parts of Wyoming, Idaho and Utah: a respect for the U.S. Constitution which borders on reverence, fiscally sound local governments which are business friendly, strong families and communities and a dearth of crime.
Romney's faith is one of the few reasons I can hold my nose and vote for him. The other, of course, is the Marxist thug in the white hut.
Some of us view John 3:16 as a good start. Others view it as the complete Gospel.
Some view Mormons in the same way that the establishment Jews viewed Samaritans in the time of Christ. Others view them in the same way which Jesus did.
I have yet to see any Mormon website making snarky comments about the "Baptist Jesus" or the atrocities of John Calvin, one of the leading Protestant theologians who regularly had Catholics beheaded and Anabaptists burned at the stake.
But, but, but, romney has an “R” behind his name.
Romney vs. Obama? One of them has to lose, I’ll rejoice in that fact, whichever it is.
Mormon’s are your enemy? Why exactly?
How silly a request in this article.
Presidential campaigns are wars. The surrogates answer to no one, but they know their mission.
This was discussed at length in so many places: one of Romney’s vulnerabilities will be his Mormon faith. It just is, and everyone except a few naive newcomers to the political wars realizes it will continue until November.
That, of course, makes Obama’s faith a fair target by surrogates of Romney, so expect to hear a lot about Jeremiah Wright, liberation theology rampant in Obama’s “Christian” denomination, and about bowing to the King of Mecca in his potentially muslim one.
Most folks don’t know the oddities of Mormonism, so those are stronger than the oddities of liberal christendom and fundamentalist islam. However, bowing to the king of Mecca also carries and oil and gas price theme that should resonate and do more than enough to counter-balance.
But, let’s not be naive. Everything...including kitchen sink...will be thrown by one candidate at the other. And any 3rd party that rises in the polls, they can count on attacks from either party depending on how the internal pollsters figure advantages.
You mean Mormons don’t retaliate? Instead they turn the other cheek? Hmmm.... who preached that? What was that guys name again?... Oh Yes, JESUS!
I find it ironic that people who are accused of being “Fake Christians” live their lives day in - day out more Jesus-like than “Real Christians”...
Personally a person of faith should vote for Romney vs Obama because at least Romney has a faith.
Obama only works in three modes attack,blame,deny.
Fascist pig ~ and so’s your old lady!
Those are trigger words. You need to learn to control that.
Joseph Smith already covered the waterfront ~ doncha’ know we are all members of false churches.
Sometimes, turning the other cheek involves mooning your opponent.
I’ve never voted for or against anyone on account of their religious affiliation. I have always voted AGAINST people who approve of killing babies.
I notice that the Dems have no problem with the mormonism of Harry Reid, nor did they have any problem with the Udalls.
So when Mitt says Marriage has been ‘one man and one woman for thousands of years’ he does so as a person whose faith rewrote the cultural norms of marriage as recently as 21 years before Reagan was born. How can this be?
“As Christians, we are obligated to expose false religions and false teachers that lead people into Hell. Mormonism worships a false god, a false jesus and a false prophet.”
So just who died and made you omnicient? It’s amazing to me that you “self-described Christians” seem to think you have the inside track to the “truth.” You know what, the Mormons feel the same way, as do the Catholics, Jews, and everyone else! Call us when you die and finally “know the truth.” In the meantime, leave your “opinions” at home!
So just who died and made you omniscient? It's amazing to me that you “self-described Christians” seem to think you have the inside track to the “truth.” You know what, the Mormons feel the same way, as do the Catholics, Jews, and everyone else! Call us when you die and finally “know the truth.” In the meantime, leave your “opinions” at home!
They are not my enemies. Never have been, never will
I agree. We should flatly state the Truth and refuse to be drawn into a comparative religion discussion as if any cult has equal hearing with Christ and His Church. Jesus is the Way, and every other way is not. Bad news for the scoffer and the unbelieving, Good News for all who call on the Name of the Lord!
If you have Jesus, who IS the Truth, living in your heart by the Holy Spirit, you do have the inside track of all time! When a person comes to Christ the veil is removed and revelation is given. Who knows, maybe you'll come to Him and become one of us who have an inside track, too?
Healthy religious debate is just as important to keeping the theological body healthy as is healthy political debate to keeping the body politic healthy.
Debate ceases to be healthy when one side attempts to bludgeon or shout down another to silence.
Case in point: I will respect the right of the gay lobby to push for civil unions or other legislation which they feel may be needed to secure their rights but does not involve rewriting the definition of marriage to forcibly impose on the other 97% of us.
Likewise, I will respect the rights of all religions to attempt to convert me or persuade me to their line of thinking as long as they do not threaten to convert me by force or pay a portion of my income as a tax to remain unmolested. Note that respect for said rights to proselyte does not equal agreement with that which is proselytized about.
Wait; I don't 'attack' MORMONs; but the heresy that calls itself mormonISM.
The PRO-MORMON forces have already started!
I wonder when the MORMONs stopped THEIR attack on CHRISTIANS???
Ma;am: we are NOT attacking anyone. We are merely telling them that Christianity has been corrupted and only The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints has the TRUE religion that the messiah started.
After all, Ma'am; if my buddy and the REST of the 50,000 plus missionaires didn't do this, for a year of our lives, voluntarily; why then we would have to look for a JOB, and that would REALLY mess up Obama's numbers.
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.
Matthew 231. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2. "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5. "Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7. they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.'
8. "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you will be your servant.
12. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?
18. You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.'
19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.
22. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30. And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
38. Look, your house is left to you desolate.
39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
26. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
27. "First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
And St. Paul chimes in...
As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
In all them years; you SURELY must have been taught the following:
So; what's #2?
I just might BE one of those folks!!
And just WHO would that be?
Is YOUR 'faith' the same as his??
As Christians, we are obligated to expose false teachings and heresy.
M ORMONism fits the bill.MORMONs (the big bunch based in Salt Lake City) tend to 'cherry-pick' their OWN 'scripture' as to which parts of it to observe from time to time.
You probably haven't seen much of the LDS religious organization's number 2 Living Prophet (Brigham Young) quote's, either.
"For unbelievers we will quote from the Scriptures - "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." Again - "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is of God."
I will now give my scripture - "Whosoever confesseth that Joseph Smith was sent of God to reveal the holy Gospel to the children of men, and lay the foundation for gathering Israel, and building up the kingdom of God on the earth, that spirit is of God; and every spirit that does not confess that God has sent Joseph Smith, and revealed the everlasting Gospel to and through him, is of Antichrist.......
Here's some MORE for MORMON's...
"Now if any of you will deny the plurality of wives, and continue to do so, I promise that you will be damned; and I will go still further and say, take this revelation, or any other revelation that the Lord has given, and deny it in your feelings, and I promise that you will be damned.
- JoD 3:266 (July 14, 1855)
It is true that the earth was organized by three distinct characters, namely, Eloheim, Yahovah, and Michael, these three forming a quorum, as in all heavenly bodies, and in organizing element, perfectly represented in the Deity, as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Again, they will try to tell how the divinity of Jesus is joined to his humanity, and exhaust all their mental faculties, and wind up with this profound language, as describing the soul of man, "it is an immaterial substance!" What a learned idea! Jesus, our elder brother, was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the garden of Eden, and who is our Father in Heaven. Now, let all who may hear these doctrines, pause before they make light of them, or treat them with indifference, for they will prove their salvation or damnation.
I have given you a few leading items upon this subject, but a great deal more remains to be told. Now, remember from this time forth, and for ever, that Jesus Christ was not begotten by the Holy Ghost.
- JoD 1:50-51 (April 9, 1852)
The rank, rabid abolitionists, whom I call black-hearted Republicans, have set the whole national fabric on fire. Do you know this, Democrats? They have kindled the fire that is raging now from the north to the south, and from the south to the north. I am no abolitionist, neither am I a proslavery man; I hate some of their principles and especially some of their conduct, as I do the gates of hell. The Southerners make the negroes, and the Northerners worship them; this is all the difference between slaveholders. and abolitionists. I would like the President of the United States and all the world to hear this.
Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so.
- JoD: vol.10 p. 110: (March 8, 1863)
It looks like BrighamYoung was pretty good at bashings.
But now; you get the BIBLE view:
KJVGalatians 1:6-96. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
ANYBODY???Like this fine looking fellow???
2 Corinthians 11:12-1512. But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Like THESE guys??17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the otherThis is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!
Ephesians 2:1-21. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
So did OSAMA, and he lived and DIED his!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.