Skip to comments.15 Facts That Even Obama's Biggest Supporters Should Be Able To Admit Are True
Posted on 05/19/2012 4:50:13 AM PDT by Kaslin
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts." -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Conservatives and liberals may disagree on reasons, motivations, and excuses for Barack Obama's performance, but the facts are still facts. There may be many reasons that a pro football coach goes 1-15, but everyone can agree that his record is still 1-15, right? Well, here are some basic facts about how the country is faring with Barack Obama in the White House. Take a look at the numbers, sans commentary, and make your own judgment about whether Barack Obama deserves another term in office.
1) Real median household income is down $4300 since Obama took office.
2) The percentage of unemployed workers who've been out of a job for more than a year is over 30%.
3) The country has had the longest streak of +8% unemployment since the Depression under Obama: 39 months and counting.
4) In 2011 under Barack Obama, nearly one out of every seven Americans was on food stamps. That's a 70 percent increase from 2007.
5) Fifty percent of new college graduates are underemployed or unemployed.
6) U.S. home ownership is at a decade long low. So is the number of Americans who say their home is worth more than they paid for it. Home prices are the lowest they've been since 2002.
7) Barack Obama ended NASA's manned space program.
8) Going into this election cycle, Barack Obama had raised more money from Wall Street than any President in history. He has also raised more money from Wall Street than all of the GOP presidential contenders combined in this election cycle.
9) Under Barack Obama's leadership, the last time Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats passed a budget was April 9, 2009.
10) Barack Obama's budget was defeated 414-0 in the House and 99-0 in the Senate.
11) When he was running for President in 2008, Barack Obama pledged not to raise taxes on families making less than 250,000 dollars per year. He broke that promise with the tanning salon tax and with Obamacare, which raises almost 500 billion dollars in new taxes, a significant portion of which would be paid by people making less than 250,000 dollars per year.
12) When Barack Obama took office, gas was $1.95 per gallon. Today gas is $3.72 per gallon.
13) In February of this year, the federal government had a 229 billion dollar deficit. That was the largest deficit in the history of the United States.
14) America lost its AAA credit rating (which it had held since 1917) on Obama's watch despite the fact that Timothy Geithner publicly said there was "no risk" of that happening.
15) Barack Obama added more to the debt in just 38 months than George Bush did in two full terms as President.
Only problem is that anyone can play statistics. George Bush began and ended with a recession. His statistics look terrible while implementing polcies with support. Obama has created an enviroment that certainly make the numbers worse than they should be... but I don’t think really anyone can live or die by the numbers, they can be skewed by whoever, whenever.
Space X aborted on engine start.
That is an excellent troll strategy. It swells with fairness, and that most excellent of concepts, "liberal goodness."
Almost as annointed (and meaningless) as "fair share."
Any rational adult knows that the prospect of an anonymous radical, totally off the political and personal grid, with a history of radical associations, a totally blank personal history and no accomplishments whatsoever that could be confirmed was, well, frightening.
That businesses large and small contracted and froze future plans until seeing what would happen, and ultimately confirmed their worst fear of a communist/radical attack of the economic foundations of our country was not an accident. It was a conscious and justified fear, confirmed beyond any reasonable doubt.
I knew that, and started planning accordingly. I shouted from the rooftops, "What hope? what change?" and I'm just a Joe (formerly) Middle Class.
The comparison to 2007 simply confirms the prescient fears of the vast majority of the American business community and the wisdom of the collective productive American citizen working middle class.
But that was a nice try!
I am trying to recall a less coherent or more inapposite response to any post that I've ever made on FR over the almost fourteen years that I've been here, but so far I have nothing...
Did you reply to the correct post? If so, did you actually read and understand that post before responding?
RE: Numbers 2, 3 and 5:
Most people find work these days through the Internet or word-of-mouth from friends/relatives/co-religionists/former co-workers/networking. Here are some good sites:
(Where’s the little boy ThatsRacist! graphic?)
Thanks! One of my all-time favorites.
You forgot: It's the Arab Spring's fault...too...
Oh... you mean like Saturday Night Live 'OBAMA ACCOMPLISHMENTS' skit?
I was going to link the video here, and guess what?
IT has been SCRUBBED from the Internet.
all BUSH’S FAULT! / SARC.
Surprised? KGB is alive and well in the US of A.....
Remember folks vote with their pocketbooks and wallets.
Blames everyone else but himself.
Look for Obama to become just like a college basketball team that is defeated by a better team, ONE AND DONE.
Yes but you see this list is seen as a tremendous success by Obama because his ultimate goal is to destroy the US. That’s what you get though when a foreigner is elected into the WH.
A better question is: Who in the Senate did vote for 0bama’s budget?
One of the Pacs should definitely do it but Romney will pull a McCain again and complain about being mean.
Great list! It needs to be put on a flyer and mailed to 300 million Americans to reveal the truth & actual results of 0dumb0, the RAT bastard commie pig. Maybe it might give some pause & reflection to the RAT bastard socialist demoRATs, unions, maybe even the homos & lezzzies.