Skip to comments.Lone Bomber, Not Mafia, Sought for Italy School Attack
Posted on 05/21/2012 1:44:11 AM PDT by Cindy
SNIPPET: "Dinapoli said police already had a facial composite picture of the suspect they believe was behind the attack which killed 16-year-old Melissa Bassi."
SNIPPET: "He said investigators had acquired "significant" video evidence that suggested one man had set off the device which exploded as pupils were getting off a bus for the start of lessons on Saturday morning. The footage showed a man of about 50-55 years of age activating a remote control to detonate a rudimentary bomb made of three gas canisters hidden in a container outside the school gates, he said."
(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...
“Investigation on Brindisi bomb blast is at a turning point”
22:25 20 MAG 2012
SNIPPET: “(AGI) Brindisi - Police say the investigation on the attack at the entrance of the school in Brindisi, which killed 16-year old Melissa Bassi, is at a turning point. Police got a footage which shows a middle-aged man, wearing a dark jacket, a white unbuttoned shirt, light pants and sneakers. He is leaning against a wall and with his left hand is pressing a button on a remote control or something similar.”
I cannot understand why security surveillance footage has to be so bad? With all the camera improvements made over the years?
My gut feeling: Muslims.
I first thought it was anarchists, but after reading the description of the individual, I’m not sure. It could be some deranged person with a grudge against one of the girls or against girls in general.
They pretty much eliminated organized crime because the type of bomb used (a fuel bomb) was not what the mafia uses (dynamite bombs).
Muslims in their home countries do often bomb girls’ schools or institutions, because they are opposed to education for those evil unclean females. If Muslims were behind it, possibly it was because some of the girls were Muslims from Muslim immigrant families, perhaps even from the bomber’s family, and he objected to the evil non-Islamic school.
“No hypothesis excluded over Brindisi bomb, says minister
No breakthrough in search for killer”
22 May, 11:39
SNIPPET: “(ANSA) - Rome, May 22 - Interior Minister Annamaria Cancellieri said on Tuesday that no hypothesis was being excluded by investigators trying to track down who was behind Saturday’s bomb attack outside a school near Brindisi in which a 16-year-old girl died.
Cancellieri added that the attack was to be considered terrorism regardless of who carried it out and what their motives were.”
SNIPPET: “Cancellieri reported to parliament on the case on Tuesday after investigators said late on Monday that no breakthrough had been made in the probe, following reports a suspect had been identified.
Police said they had released a man after questioning without charge. The authorities have released images taken from video surveillance of the suspect at the scene, believed to be between 50 and 55, who is thought to have set off via remote control the bomb that killed Melissa Bassi and injured five other students.”
“Headmistress in Rome receives threats via text message”
19:32 24 MAY 2012
SNIPPET: “(AGI) Rome- A high school headmistress received a text message threatening a repeat of “Brindisi and Capaci”. Wednesday night, Anna Rita Tamponi, head teacher at Rome’s Lucrezio Caro, received the ominous text message, which made reference to the massacre in Capaci and explicitly referred to the attack at the school in Brindisi. The school’s teachers and students were immediately given a show of solidarity.”
“Brindisi bomb: 100 investigators hunt attacker”
11:30 24 MAY 2012
(AGI) Brindisi -
SNIPPET: “Tests are also being run into signals and ‘traces’ left by mobile phones at the time and location of the attack. The investigators have repeatedly made it clear that no possibility is being ruled out. They are following a number of leads, including some provided by members of the public and people living in the area of the attack. Francesco Gratteri, the director of the anti-crime centre has arrived in Brindisi from Rome and has already chaired a meeting of the investigators. . “.
“Man confesses to bombing at Italian school, investigators say”
From Hada Messia, CNN
updated 10:13 AM EDT, Fri June 8, 2012
Rome (CNN) —
SNIPPET: “Giovanni Vantaggiato, 68, told investigators he acted alone in making the device and placing it outside the school, they said.”
SNIPPET: “Vantaggiato, who owns a gas station, had easy access to the gas and gas tanks used in the attack and the know-how to build an explosive device, investigators said.”