A very difficult promise to keep since as soon as the economy improves, everyone who’s given up looking for work would start looking again, and then raise the rate to 10%.
Lowering it the Obama way is much easier.
Shut down or even gut control/regulation by the EPA/Interior/Energy Depts and unemployment all but evaporates. Reel in OSHA and the Dept of labor and it will evaporate, but for those unwilling to work.
The added side effect of an exploding (in a good way) economy will guarantee no Dems in power until Americans get fat and lazy again...then the process will repeat.
1. When has any CBO projection ever been close to correct
2. Obama's Labor Department figuring will have it down to that level by October 2012.
No, we don't want a statistically determined UNEMPLOYMENT RATE that looks just 25% better. We want a dramatically improved employment rate where 47% of our recent college graduates are NOT working in part time work ~ and the other 53% with no job at all also have jobs.
I've been telling you, Romney has NOTHING to offer anyone ~ just ME~TO~ISM to the OBAMA disaster.
It's a shame that the GOP-e thinks this sort of nonsense will attract the 75% of the party that's Social Conservative, Fiscal Conservative, Libertarian or TEA Party to vote for their candidate.
as opposed to renouncing Soviet style central economic planning in favor of policies that are morally and economically the best without predicting what free people and free markets will do in response - other than ‘surely perform better’
so like Obama - and his predecessors since FDR - a U.S. president is responsible for being the nation’s economic savior
how about a simple Reaganesque promise to “get the Federal government off of the back of the private economy, so that it can perform better on its own” - and time will tell us the stats of doing that; we don’t need a President who thinks he can predict them.
Six months? Maybe.
If Romney and congress:
1) Flat tax or Fair Tax
2) cut 33% spending ASAP
3) deregulate the energy
...our economy will BOOM.
But I don’t expect the above 3 to happen.
I don't know if 6% would be reachable in the first term. The past few decades we have used bubbles to hide the flaws in the economy. It will take a generation to have a healthy economy again.
I would make a terrible president. But, give me a relatively conservative (or compliant) congress and I could do it.
Most Freepers could. It just takes common sense.
Milt won’t have to do a thing. Once the voters throw the Marxist Kenyan’s ass out of the Oval Orifice and SCOTUS deems Barry’s CommieCare as being unconstitutional, the economy will takeoff on its own.
It can be done, there is no need to ask how.
Any grumblings of "if not, I won't seek reelection"?
I don't if it is Romney who is like 0bama or if it is 0bama who is like Romney.
There he goes again! The idiot doesn't get it and never will.
Oh yeah???? Well Obama will see your 6 and RAISE you....umm......never mind.
One thing is for sure...if Romney is elected, and even if it starts looking like a sure thing, unemployment will start to drop. A large percentage of American businesses aren’t hiring now out of fear of a second Obozo term.