Skip to comments.University Study Determines Fox News Has Least-Informed National Audience Based on These Questions
Posted on 05/24/2012 5:44:09 PM PDT by antidemoncrat
A May 5 study from Fairleigh Dickinson University is making news today after one of its findings seemingly indicated that Fox News has the least-informed national audience, while NPR has the best-informed.
(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...
Joe Biden is an NPR listener, do we need more evidence?
I’m sure every conservative will get a wrong answer, if the “correct” answer comes from a liberal.
So what were some of the questions that Fox viewers apparently failed?
1) To the best of your knowledge, have the opposition groups protesting in Egypt been successful in removing Hosni Mubarak?
2) How about the opposition groups in Syria? Have they been successful in removing Bashar al-Assad?
3) Some countries in Europe are deeply in debt, and have had to be bailed out by other countries. To the best of your knowledge, which country has had to spend the most money to bail out European countries?
4) There have been increasing talks about economic sanctions against Iran. What are these sanctions supposed to do?
5) Which party has the most seats in the House of Representatives right now?
6) In December, House Republicans agreed to a short-term extension of a payroll tax cut, but only if President Obama agreed to do what? (Open-Ended)
7) It took a long time to get the final results of the Iowa caucuses for Republican candidates. In the end, who was declared the winner? (Open-Ended)
8) How about the New Hampshire Primary? Which Republican won that race? (Open-Ended)
9) According to the figures, about what percentage of Americans are currently unemployed? (Open-Ended)
How many did you answer correctly?
In all odds, the study is only gaining national notoriety because it fits the anti-Fox narrative of most of the media.
But does it really? MSNBC received similarly low scores, and their numbers were not oversampled. In fact, if this graph showing knowledge of domestic affairs is to be believed, the people who ended up the most misinformed were conservatives who made the mistake of watching MSNBC. The only people who ended up misinformed after watching Fox, on the other hand, were liberals:
I have noticed the leftist assault on all fronts is increasing in intensity and frequency. Conservatives are ignorant, emotionally unbalanced, racist, sexist, homophobes. University anthropolgy, sociology and psychology departments across the nation have now reversed there former position that there are no intellectual difference among peoples. Each and every Unvirsity has conclusively established that white conservatives are inferior.
I have noticed the leftist assault on all fronts is increasing in intensity and frequency. Conservatives are ignorant, emotionally unbalanced, racist, sexist, homophobes. University anthropology, sociology and psychology departments across the nation have now reversed there former position that there are no intellectual difference among peoples. Each and every Unvirsity has conclusively established that white conservatives are inferior.
Exactly what are we not informed about, Fast and Furious?.
Show me the exact issues they queried about and I’ll show you a biased survey.
Read all the way to the end of the article and it is disclosed the study is slanted and biased. Gee, imagine that.
What stands out in their results is that significantly more democrats missed ALL of the answers: 22% to 20%.
More proof for my tagline...
And all the Morons that post at DU probably got them all wrong and said they only watch Fox news.
Fox News was the only one that informed me about the state-sponsored racism of Holder’s dismissal of the New Black Pamper voter intimidation case.
Imagine the KKK doing that and John Ashcroft dismissing the case.
The only thing the sources other than Fox are good for is “informing” the public about the racist, evil George Zimmerman’s murder of the poor innocent little kid Trayvon Martin.
For example, what is the unemployment rate? I'm sure that the liberal answer is 8.1%, the number published by the hijinks of the Obama administration. Virtually no one here thinks that is correct. It's really over 11% if you include all of those who have given up looking because of the Obama policies. It would be over 18% if you also include the under employed. Yet we would all be counted as uninformed for knowing this.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.