Skip to comments.Twenty Things this Conservative Believes
Posted on 05/31/2012 10:21:17 PM PDT by Kaslin
1) Any illegal alien caught in this country should be forever barred from legally visiting this country, working here, or becoming an American citizen.
2) If you take welfare or food stamps or if your kids have to get free meals at school, you should be ashamed. Your kids should feel ashamed by your failure, too.
3) There is no such thing as a conflict between Christianity and science or a reason for any Christian to have his religious beliefs override any conclusions that he'd reach by simply following the science. Any and all apparent conflicts between science and God are just a result of our limited human understanding. If there was evolution, God chose that path. If the world was created by a "Big Bang," God set it in motion.
4) William Bennett once said it was "morally plausible" to execute drug dealers. I agree with him. I'd also like to see the death penalty expanded to cover rape and child molestation as well.
5) It's unlikely to ever happen, but we'd be much better off in this country if the voting age were 25 and only people who paid income tax could vote.
6) All people except the poor should be paying enough in taxes to cover all the services they receive from the government each year. If they don't want to pay that much, then we should cut government down to a level that they think is worth paying.
7) On average, government workers should make less than people who do the same jobs in private industry.
8) Government workers also shouldn't be allowed to unionize. The Democrats give the government unions more taxpayer money and the unions take part of that money and use it to campaign for the Democrats, who then promise to give them more money in return. It's nothing but the Democratic Party and the unions collaborating against the taxpayers.
9) Ninety nine times out of a hundred when someone cries racism, it's either a lame excuse or a political tactic.
10) If you're a Christian, then your faith requires you to oppose gay marriage.
11) I wish the best for people everywhere, but I'm not a citizen of the world. I'm an American and our country comes first.
12) The biggest threat to America's future isn't Al-Qaeda, China, or Iran; it's our own government spending so much money that it bankrupts the country.
13) If you sue someone and lose, you should have to pay his legal bills.
14) Hand counting ballots is LESS ACCURATE than machine counting them and it allows human beings to manipulate the results of the election with arbitrary counting standards.
15) People who think black Americans are too stupid and incompetent to handle getting a voter ID are just as racist as the KKK, although they show it differently.
16) If public universities want to hire terrorists and communists to teach their classes, harass Christians, push around Republican groups, and bring in liberal speakers, but not conservatives, then state legislators should cut off their taxpayer funding until they behave.
17) We don't need to get religion out of politics; we need to get more religion in politics. The politicians certainly don't seem to have any qualms about stepping into areas better left to the church; so pastors have to be willing to encourage their flocks to vote their values to protect themselves from a rapacious government.
18) The whole purpose of our immigration system should be to benefit the Americans who are already here. Therefore, we should favor the best and brightest emigrants from Western cultures. Other immigrants to this country who get in because of family ties should have someone who's willing to vouch for them and take care of them if they have hard times. No naturalized American citizens should ever be eligible for food stamps, welfare, school lunches, or any other hand-outs from their fellow citizens.
19) You can no more change your sex than you can change from a human being into a Water Buffalo. Believing otherwise is a mental disorder that should be handled by a psychologist, not catered to with surgery. A doctor wouldn't cut off a healthy person's leg if he asked or cut out part of someone's brain because a voice in his head wanted it and sex change operations shouldn't be done either.
20) People who've served time in prison for committing a felony may have been punished, but they haven't "paid their debt to society." Repaying their debt would require them to be rehabilitated and to fully compensate their victims, which isn't even possible in some cases. Additionally, even if society forgives, it shouldn't forget. There's no way a felon should ever have the right to vote, own a gun, or teach children among other activities.
I agree with most of you pronouncements. Yet, number 14 bothers me. As a poll worker I find your number 14 untenable.
If I want to write in a candidate not on the ballet ... nary a polling machine will let you do that.
“3)There is no such thing as a conflict between Christianity and science...”
I know, and agree. It can be frustrating to explain, but science is only discovering the existing physical laws that God created along with the Universe. Science isn’t about truth, only proofs about how the physical world operates. That isn’t evil - it is the people utilyzing science for their own selfish ends who are evil.
From a news article here in California.
Stewart is fighting multiple felonies filed against him for the production and distribution of farm fresh raw milk, or milk that is sold unpasteurized.
Is this the felon you want to punish.
Many of these are simplistic and need to be better thought out.
That's hard core leftist totalitarianism. Get grounded before you declare your manifesto.
Most scientists are stunned when they figure out a basic truth.
Your #2 is too categorical for me. If you have a disability that leaves you dependent, there’s no reason to be ashamed.
I am with you on 2. It would be much better stated like:
2. You should not be proud to receive welfare or food stamps or if your kids have to get free meals at school. You should however be grateful to your fellow citizens who provide this aid to you.
As you are there are some people, we as a society want to help out, the injured or people born with disabilities. What we would like is for people who get aid from us to be humble and grateful to us for providing it.
I think your “manifesto” is complete garbage!!!! Will I get a trial in your Right Wing Christian Social Democracy or will I be summarily executed????? Really man, this is way over the top, I think you need to go back to the drawing board here. This is America (barely) but this religious fanaticism won’t sell. Why does every so called “conservative” in the US have to always revert to the Christian card. Come on man, really religion is a personal issue, as christian I do not have believe in what you say.....sorry. Because even though I am a christian, I am a American first and I have a right to tell you to take a hike, on gay marriage, abortion, capital punishment, prayer in school etc...... The US is a Republic not a Democracy, and as such I do not have to listen to all your self rightous rantings. This is what the average American wants from the Government:
LEAVE US THE H*LL ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicely said. I became a scientist out of fascination with the wonders God has created, not out of some desire to explain Him away. I remain in awe of Our Creator to this day as I see and understand the complex simplicity of His handiwork.
The Sciences are a study of God’s creation (Ps. 19:1; Romans 1:20)
“Why does every so called conservative in the US have to always revert to the Christian card.”
Christianity is the most true religion. It is not something people cooked up, like Scientology. It is our response to what God has told us of his nature. Without Christianity, conservative principles have no more grounding than communism or any other whacko woo-woo cult.
What we call conservatism arises out of Christianity, and is supported and guided by it. It is a seamless garment.
It’s not that Christians are trying to tell you you must do or believe in certain things. Rather, it is that your position lacks logical consistency if you don’t.
Really? Christianity is the most true religion? Says you. So if I believe that the rights of the individual supercede those of the collective, I have to be a Christian or it lacks logical consistancy??? So I have to believe your way or I don’t have a logical base for my beliefs???? Priceless, “our way or the highway”. That is pathetic, this is why your “Christians” are seen as a joke, and give a bad name to the rest of us christians.
You say you have the right tell anyone you disagree with to take a hike! Yup and you just did. Feel better?
You write "as such I do not have to listen to all your self righteous rantings." Yup, that's correct! Now ask yourself, why did you?
Not only did you listen to it, you felt the need to respond. That is good and excellent. Shows passion and deep belief in ones principals.
John Hawkins has every right to express his belief system in what makes himself a conservative.
Now I would bet all my conservative values there is not one person on this forum who would agree with every single point he makes. But that does not make him nor anyone who disagree, belief system garbage. Nor does it make them any "less conservative.
Now if you can "politely" (intellectually might be a reach) articulate your thoughts, I suppose those around you, your family, acquaintances and even people like me who you desire, as you say "take a hike" would be very interested in what you have to say
I found the subject very interesting. Of course I can't agree on all that which he speaks of, but I came across your comments and lost any interest on furthering the conversation. I bet alot of those who surround you do the same.
Save your key strokes, no need to write, I already know and will even say for you . . . Yes, I will go take a hike.
God is mentioned four times in the Declaration of Independence and Jesus is mentioned once in the Constitution.
Why not? OCRs have been around for a long time. How do you think the USPS gets your hand written envelope makes it to the proper address?
“7) On average, government workers should make less than people who do the same jobs in private industry.”
The merit system is key here! Pay the good ones but fire the slackers.
Government workers should not have a “right” to protect “their turf” through collective extortion upon the taxpayer. It’s the taxpayers turf!
If they earn higher pay, they deserve it but, guaranteed job stability and enhanced benefits is the real problem.
The biggest threat to America is our government K-12 schooling. If children attend tuition-free, socialist-entitlement, godless, and compulsory schools they risk learning to be comfortable with:
— Getting other free stuff from their neighbor besides “free” school
— Government compulsion
— They **will** learn to think and reason godlessly. They must just to cooperate in the classroom. How could it be otherwise?
—Since all schools trash First Amendment Rights, those attending government schools learn to be comfortable with the government trashing those God-given rights.