Skip to comments.Edwards advised to keep low profile before 2nd act (speaker at Charlotte RAT convention?)
Posted on 06/03/2012 3:08:05 PM PDT by Libloather
Edwards advised to keep low profile before 2nd act
By MARTHA WAGGONER and MICHAEL BIESECKER | Associated Press Fri, Jun 1, 2012
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) Now that he has survived his campaign corruption trial, John Edwards may face an even tougher fight to regain the public's respect.
Image experts and friends recommended that the disgraced former Democratic presdential candidate put his public and political life on hold for a few years. The details of his affair and child with his mistress that were replayed at his trial are too fresh, they say.
"Plant a small garden, tend that garden and wait and listen," said Wade Smith, an attorney who hired Edwards when he was a young attorney and represented him before the trial.
Then a number of things might be possible a legal career representing breast cancer patients, and the poor, or life as a stay-at-home father. But not a career in politics, ever.
"I think John Edwards has no political future. Nada, zip," said Emory University political science professor Merle Black. "I can't think of any Democrat in the country that would want to be on the same stage with John Edwards."
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
Hy Habeas ping. Thanks Libloather.
Barry is going to announce that Edwards will be the new HHS Sec. in charge of Obama-care.......
Can attorneys police one another? Do lawyers get special treatment in a court of law? I don’t know the answer.
Having to deal regularly with his blonde bimbo Rielle is a punishment in and of itself.
What should he do to re-build his image?
1. Lay low for a while. A) Marry the mother of his baby or B) be seen with the child. Remember when all the women liked JR on Dallas TV show when he was a devoted father?
2. Do good works—defend women who have a real case against some big mean company. Maybe go to Haiti and work on an orphanage—maybe make a documentary film about Haiti.
3. Get Religion—southern people eat this up! If he marries his Mistress (like Prince Charles) he can say his “great Love” for her was the root of all the dumb things he did.
4. IF they marry—have more Kids.
5. Write a book about some aspect of his new career caring for orphans, kids on Indian Reservations, Rebuilding Haiti (or some other sink hole of poverty).
6. After about five year—reluctantly—run for mayor of a mid-sized city and clean it up. Then five years later run for Governor of your state. Clean it up and get it moving and then—only then—you might have a shot at something.
7. Americans love the redeemed sinner. BUT you got to delivere and be seen as contrite.
8. Change your hair style—your whole look.
I say he’s irredeemable.
Please, please, please let John Edwards be a speaker at the Dem convention....